Coming Soon!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1887 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

19 hours ago, Rider Linden said:

No need to be sorry, I welcome the feedback, that's why we've put the EEP viewer out there for feedback. 

I'd like to keep the trackball in place for most movements. But maybe we can fix the issue with the addition of a pair of controls that can allow for a more precise positioning.  (Azimuth and Altitude perhaps?)  

I was thinking along similar lines myself last need for the tools (sorry about typo in previous post), but got caught up in trying to figure out how to achieve something that doesn't over-complicated the UI.

The nearest I got was adding I got was to add something like a "clock face" around the spherical positioner, and then use a "start" and "finish" selection on that to set a track.

Problem with this is a) translating it to the timeline; b) and more critically, while it covers azimuth pretty well, it offers limitations on altitude for those who want really extreme  motion (like a high parabolic arc for an object across a narrow azimuth) *unless* cases like that remain "freehand" on the positioner. 

Certainly the trackball should be kept, specifically to allow a range of motions, like the parabolic one described above.

I'm tempted to ask about custom star fields (and motion!) for a future release, but I'd rather not have you chasing me around the grid with a bug swatter :) . Also, not actually sure how the "stars" are rendered for this to possible, even as an idea.

• Like 2

On 10/17/2018 at 7:58 AM, Inara Pey said:

I'm tempted to ask about custom star fields (and motion!) for a future release, but I'd rather not have you chasing me around the grid with a bug swatter :) . Also, not actually sure how the "stars" are rendered for this to possible, even as an idea.

The stars seem to be just a solid image, that gets dispersed, white so it can be tinted.  I would not doubt for one second they can tweak the stars too! :D I could have sworn they did already for EEP, although ive not tested this feature viewer yet.

Allowing us to further customize stars, and to make them twinkle too would be really sweet!

Edited by Macrocosm Draegonne

On 10/22/2018 at 5:05 AM, Macrocosm Draegonne said:

The stars seem to be just a solid image, that gets dispersed, white so it can be tinted.  I would not doubt for one second they can tweak the stars too! :D I could have sworn they did already for EEP, although ive not tested this feature viewer yet.

Allowing us to further customize stars, and to make them twinkle too would be really sweet!

Stars have been tweaked - they now twinkle under ALM. Star maps were considered, but didn't make the cut.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Inara Pey said:

Possibly in a follow-on :) , assuming it wasn't a severe technical issue that prevented them this time around.

Yeah, im so amazed by the coming features I hardly care to wait longer for that bit, if it happens at all.  Though... I suspect they will not have too much difficulty with star-fields, constellations, shooting stars, anything they think is a good fit and wont bog the system, its OpenGL the sky's not even the limit!  We can do all the things!?

In all the years I've been playing SL, I have never been more excited than right now, there are so many goodies in the works, and its all making so much progress too.

Edited by Macrocosm Draegonne
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1887 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.