Environmental Enhancement Project (aka EEP!) Feedback Thread

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 143 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• 2 weeks later...

Rider Linden has documented the EEP script functions in this forum thread, and they're also in the wiki: 

The llSet/ReplaceAgentEnvironment functions require the targeted agent to be in the experience the script was compiled with. I'm not aware of a script method to set an environment for a parcel or region.

• Thanks 1

In itself, you can be very satisfied with the current version if you ignore the still too small texture cache. Even in 100 years, Linden will not realize that modern built regions also require a correspondingly higher texture cache in order to avoid that, once you turn around twice, a large amount of textures only have to be reloaded for a long time. This is what the TPVs have, such as Firestorm, understood and implemented for a long time.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1458628762_Gosaucomplete.thumb.jpg.3878accb87c979c86ee88c6466f9921d.jpg

This is what it looks like with the latest EEP viewer and if you compare this with older recordings, we have now reached a really cleared-up level. It's a good thing that, thanks to Firestorm's only beta, we have been able to prepare and test quite acceptable settings in recent years. What will follow when we get the final version of the viewer is the fine tuning and the final adjustments. There will still be a lot of work to do but in the end it will definitely be worth it and we can show the guests of our regions really nice settings. We have created 96 daily routines in order to be able to import the right setting, depending on the weather as well as the time, for our RL Position Gosau am Dachstein in Upper Austria. So I can say that both my wife and I have a lot of experience judging when it is perfect and when it is not. Guys who think that they are capable of doing nothing other than press the "laugh button" instead of giving a productive and meaningful opinion, like this OptimoMaximo, are just weak-headed hot air blowers for me.

Edited by Miller Thor
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

1909087163_GosauEEPLindenViewer.thumb.jpg.c673a93a110d94d676371fb805d8db4b.jpg163544996_GosauEEPFirestorm.thumb.jpg.2ef2aed88cb8267a1c5098267db2021c.jpg

For comparison, Linden Viewer and Firestorm EEP Beta. In my opinion, the quality of the Linden Viewers is even higher and therefore good to be made accessible to the general public. The two pictures were taken about 1 minute apart.

I am happy to be open and grateful for productive and informative opinions. You can also evaluate it live and contact us directly at http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Gosau Dachstein West/18/139/3. Communication weak people who can only click icons like OptimoMaximo may let it stay at all. No one is curious about their feedback.

Edited by Miller Thor
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...

So, I can't for the life of me get the EEP viewer to work. I got the latest from the "alternative viewers" section and every time it logs me in, At most it starts to load my friendslist (showing me who's online, etc.) then boom! "Darn, you have been logged out of SecondLife." message appears. I'm so jealous of you who get to play with this. I've been following  and excited since the concept was revealed, as I love making my own windlights and often people ask me for them. I have having to go through the hub bub iof file sending and walking them through installation, etc. This will be SO much easier, if it doesn't crash me every time I log in, that is. I don't believe I'm using that video card it says they know crashes on startup, I've got an invidia RTX 2060 for crying out loud! It is MORE than powerful enough for this. I'll just be here pouting and lusting after your pictures. Please post more pics for those of us who can't play with it. *bats eyelashes*

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BlackBlade Smit said:

So, I can't for the life of me get the EEP viewer to work. I got the latest from the "alternative viewers" section and every time it logs me in, At most it starts to load my friendslist (showing me who's online, etc.) then boom! "Darn, you have been logged out of SecondLife." message appears.

That sounds as though you need to whitelist the viewer with the firewall on your system; that message usually means that UDP packets between the viewer and the simulator are not getting through.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Oz Linden said:

That sounds as though you need to whitelist the viewer with the firewall on your system; that message usually means that UDP packets between the viewer and the simulator are not getting through.

Thank you, Oz. I just whitelisted ALL of the .exe files in the secondlife folder and it's still happening. It logs me in, even receives a group message or whatever, then just logs me out with the "darn" message. It's a little slow connecting and even drags on when loading. I went to a sim that seems to be just water called kara to try logging in, too, same thing. It's super bumming me out lol. It has done this in every version of this particular beta I've ever tried to download. Not sure why. I use the default SL view no problem, also firestorm works no problemo. It's only the EEP viewers, and it's heartbreaking lmao 

• Like 1

On 4/2/2020 at 7:46 PM, BlackBlade Smit said:

Please post more pics for those of us who can't play with it. *bats eyelashes*

The wish will be fulfilled when you visit our Flickr page https://www.flickr.com/photos/183916808@N05/. We try to take the pictures as far as possible with the latest Linden Viewer or with the EEP beta from Firestorm, which was available for a short time about a year ago.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Lindens
On 4/4/2020 at 12:08 AM, BlackBlade Smit said:

Ok, so I straight up turned OFF my firewall to try, it's not the issue. Still logged me out almost immediately.

@BlackBlade Smit  Could you file a bug about that at https://jira.secondlife.com/secure/CreateIssue!default.jspa ?

Please reproduce the login failure and then before relaunching the viewer, zip up your viewer logs folder and attach it to the jira issue using More Actions -> Attach files.  This page tells you where to find the logs folder: http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/How-to-report-a-bug/ta-p/733545#Section_.3

• Thanks 2

On 4/15/2020 at 4:52 PM, Dan Linden said:

@BlackBlade Smit  Could you file a bug about that at https://jira.secondlife.com/secure/CreateIssue!default.jspa ?

Please reproduce the login failure and then before relaunching the viewer, zip up your viewer logs folder and attach it to the jira issue using More Actions -> Attach files.  This page tells you where to find the logs folder: http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/How-to-report-a-bug/ta-p/733545#Section_.3

@Dan Linden Sorry it took so long! Life's been a little nuts lol. I bug reported it and it's BUG-228549 I did also state you asked me to do so in the report so you could know it was the right one. It's still doing it with the official release.

Edited by BlackBlade Smit

On 4/4/2020 at 8:08 AM, BlackBlade Smit said:

Ok, so I straight up turned OFF my firewall to try, it's not the issue. Still logged me out almost immediately.

JIRA issue: BUG-228549 - EEP viewer log out @ log in

On 4/20/2020 at 10:44 PM, Damus Ember said:

Hi,

I've just tried the latest release ( Second Life 6.4.0.540188 ) on Windows, and it seems the glowing particles are bigger than before when seen from far away.

Is that normal ?

JIRA issue: BUG-228587 - [EEP] The glowing effect is too strong with particles

On 4/20/2020 at 11:13 PM, Damus Ember said:

In fact, EEP seems to add a huge halo on every glowing stuff.

It makes every glowing objects bigger at night and even bigger in daylight...

JIRA issue: BUG-228586 - [EEP] Jumping glowing effect depending on the camera distance

On 4/23/2020 at 8:35 PM, arton Rotaru said:

What's going on? There is barely any specular reflection from the sun.

crEEP.jpg.73316a18ea219d05f6f009dd6a56a0

JIRA issue: BUG-228581 - [EEP] Specular map reflections are way too weak.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 143 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.