Environmental Enhancement Project (aka EEP!) Feedback Thread

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 142 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Lindens
19 hours ago, Linnrenate Crosby said:

After 3 hours monitoring the sun vector i've been able to fix my light script, what i needed to do was to replace

if (sun.z <= 0)

With

if (sun.z <= -0.68)

In the timer event. Now the lights work as they did before EEP was rolled out. Of course i will need to revert this change once EEP are on all different viewers.

Hi there Linnerate,  Here is the caveat on that that I'm going to give you.  You are looking at the sunset from a legacy viewer, and time does not progress linearly on legacy Windlight.  In the legacy system time slows down as you approach noon and speeds up as it gets closer to midnight. The impact of this is that on legacy windlight viewers 6PM occurs closer to what would be 9PM and 6AM is shifted towards 3AM. 

The EEP viewer respects linear time, it takes the same amount of time to go from noon to 18:00 as it does to go from 18:00 to midnight.  So to an EEP observer your lights will come on well after nightfall and go off before dawn. 

We use linear time progression in EEP so that creators can lay out entire day cycles without having to calculate an unevenly stretched timeline.

• Thanks 2

Hi Rider and thanks for explaining that, but as it is now not many people are using the EEP viewer so for now my lights will work fine for most of the "general population". As i said i will revert my mod once EEP hit the viewers in full force - i assume that my old code should work as intended then.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Rider Linden said:

llReplaceAgentEnvironment works only in the context of an active experience.  So it is much more the exception than the rule. 

Experience tools are more often used as extensions to single items, my lounge chair is an active experience just to attach cups, book and other props. I have a different one just for site to site teleports. 

Big "public experiences" seem to be the rarity so far.

I'm fully expecting to own two different chairs by two different vendors that both have their own ideas about where the sun should be.

• Like 1

• Lindens
2 minutes ago, CoffeeDujour said:

I'm fully expecting to own two different chairs by two different vendors that both have their own ideas about where the sun should be.

I would have serious questions about a chair that insists on where the sun is... I would suggest that it is perhaps overstepping its function. (The exception being a chair designed be H.G.Wells)

1 hour ago, Rider Linden said:

I would have serious questions about a chair that insists on where the sun is... I would suggest that it is perhaps overstepping its function. (The exception being a chair designed be H.G.Wells)

Romantic cuddle chair for two, themed sets of animations with names like "Sunset", "Valentine" and "▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇".

2 minutes ago, Jo Yardley said:

I'm just happy we'll finally be able to have 24 hour days :)

They have that in World of Warcraft, the day time in game always matches the server you're connected to , which is typically the closest to your physical location. It's less fun that it sounds in practice as typically you play at the same times, so it's always 'evening' or '3am'. The only time you see a Sunrise is when you've been up all night.

There will be people who only ever experience your sim in the middle of the night .. and will wonder why you went out of your way to make it dark .. followed by CTRL+SHIFT+Y and the singularly worst lighting preset in all of SL.

• Like 1

That's what I'm planning.
I want my Berlin to be the same time of day and season as real Berlin.
People will always be able to override the setting with their own choice.
But I'm going for realism.
Which means I've been manually setting the windlight of my sim twice a day for years...

I've just started using the EEP viewer, and have noticed that when switching between the usual presets (Sunset, Midnight, etc.), the transition is gradual, whereas on my previous viewer the change was pretty much instantaneous.

Is there a console setting that can adjust the transition speed?

I tried the EEP viewer today, and the first thing i noticed are how glossy and tacky my lips look, they look nothing at all like that in pre-EEP Firestorm. Sp i hope this is a EEP bug that will be fixed so i don't need to adjust all my looks :/

Pictures made from approx the same angle at the same time running both viewer on the same PC, as you see it's some difference to the light but my lips *frowns* i never bought THAT glossy lipsticks

SL eep.jpg

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Linnrenate Crosby said:

I tried the EEP viewer today, and the first thing i noticed are how glossy and tacky my lips look, they look nothing at all like that in pre-EEP Firestorm. Sp i hope this is a EEP bug that will be fixed so i don't need to adjust all my looks :/

Pictures made from approx the same angle at the same time running both viewer on the same PC, as you see it's some difference to the light but my lips *frowns* i never bought THAT glossy lipsticks

SL eep.jpg

This looks like the same issue I've been having with the neck blender and tattoo layer on my mesh body, amongst other transparent/semi-transparent items. https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-226531

Edited by Marianne McCann
added the JIRA #
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Linnrenate Crosby said:

SL eep.jpg

I can't reproduce this on the current EEP-RC viewer.
Can you show me the lips inworld so we can compare what we both see & make sure our settings match?

Whirly i have tried to IM you, but got not reaction. I have sent you a slurl to where i made my pictures (didn't want to post that here). This is a picture of what lip color i have and the settings on the HUD... hope that in addition to my location help. I did forget to mention that i had some projector lights near me but they where there in both pictures ( i have left them lit as they was).

laq HUD.jpg

• Thanks 1

12 + year veteran here and I have never seen anything like this that has so messed up my default visuals.

Currently most of my items are grayed out with a small percentage that are not and it looks like I am in a perpetual fog (See photo) and no matter what I do to the settings, nothing changes!  What am I doing wrong or better still, how can I disable this EEP because I like it the way it was before.

Thanks!
FW

EEP_001.png

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 142 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.