Does anyone else having this same problem?

AikoYH

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2019 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

This is from my previous ask, but now i want to ask if there is anyone else having this same problem like i am, (weeks ago some intruders came to the skybox i live in a couple of times, and since then i been encountering them on sims i search for or ones i usually go, i dont share where i go or talk to anybody on those sims i go, i dont have any weird object on me and didnt accept any from anyone since this had happen) if anyone else had saw the same people over and over, they seem to be alts or bots, since they have nothing on profile and have a few weeks of age of difference.

• Confused 1

19 answers to this question

29 minutes ago, Nalates Urriah said:

Basically, the answer to your question... no one else has this problem.

There are stalkers and they do stalk people in SL. But, you are not providing any evidence these people are actually stalking you.

I know i haven't show any prove, but its just something too odd that keeps on happening, second life its too big on sim to keep seeing the same people getting into sim i am or that i go to, the same people trying to get in where i live and then going to the places i visit that i never shared.

1 minute ago, AikoYH said:

I know i haven't show any prove, but its just something too odd that keeps on happening, second life its too big on sim to keep seeing the same people getting into sim i am or that i go to, the same people trying to get in where i live and then going to the places i visit that i never shared.

If you block them all, they shouldn’t be able to bother you. Unless you’re bothered by ghosts.

Just now, Love Zhaoying said:

If you block them all, they shouldn’t be able to bother you. Unless you’re bothered by ghosts.

they dont do anything, just arrive at the sim and leave after a few seconds, but its the fact that it has happen more than two times already that im getting this feeling about it

1. Could be land-survey bots..

2. One of the unseen Alts may be on your friends list, and have the ability to see you on the map. One solution if this is the case, is to turn off “they can see me on the map” for all your friends. Then, go only new places for awhile. They shouldn’t be able to find/follow you.

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

1. Could be land-survey bots..

2. One of the unseen Alts may be on your friends list, and have the ability to see you on the map. One solution if this is the case, is to turn off “they can see me on the map” for all your friends. Then, go only new places for awhile. They shouldn’t be able to find/follow you.

if they are survey bots they would try talk to me, and they dont, and i dont have other but my partner on my friend list

1 minute ago, AikoYH said:

if they are survey bots they would try talk to me, and they dont, and i dont have other but my partner on my friend list

Land Survey bots do not talk. They are automated to visit all land parcels to check the “for sale” parcels. They are “non-player characters” - true “bots”.

Just now, Love Zhaoying said:

Land Survey bots do not talk. They are automated to visit all land parcels to check the “for sale” parcels. They are “non-player characters” - true “bots”.

those bots are able to go into people's homes more than one time? and have just some random made up name? 

There's a new batch of bots out that started around the beginning of September. I've spotted over a dozen in this batch so far, and I come across a new one every couple days. I monitor my own and two other regions -- the same bots show up on all of them, sometimes a few different ones in the same day. You're likely to run into them no matter where you go, so of course it seems like they're stalking you. I have no idea what the bots are for ... probably not land bots.

• Like 2

I know there is one bot army travelling around mainland gathering up all the abandoned parcels (likely so the owner can put in a ticket for the best of them, and make money). These don't need to rotate and can be rather fast.

There is also a fairly sneaky one within the Gay community that visits all the common hangout places to see "who is where" at any one time. These also don't need to rotate and can be quite fast.

There is also one that travels around the blake sea a lot that does rotate as it scans all the objects in the region. I have a feeling these are some sort of license/copyright validation bot, looking for copybotted objects. (but that's just my own imagination as to what they are looking for) - They might also be some form of CoastGuard bot looking for crashed boats I guess, or even a copybot bot that "archives" everything.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Callum Meriman said:

There is also one that travels around the blake sea a lot that does rotate as it scans all the objects in the region. I have a feeling these are some sort of license/copyright validation bot, looking for copybotted objects. (but that's just my own imagination as to what they are looking for) - They might also be some form of CoastGuard bot looking for crashed boats I guess, or even a copybot bot that "archives" everything.

You may be seeing the Shergood bots mapping out Security Orbs and ban lines. Zoom out on the map...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, AikoYH said:

they dont do anything, just arrive at the sim and leave after a few seconds, but its the fact that it has happen more than two times already that im getting this feeling about it

If they are not doing anything, then ignore your "feeling".  Just relax and move on.

• Like 2

Persecution complex?

Nothing happened, nothing happens and you see bots everywhere. You don't even have proof that they are bots.

This is SL and not RL so relax.

In RL a violation of our home is serious. In SL it's just an illusion. If someone dosn't belong there kick 'em out and if that's too exhausting then install an automatic asskicker and relax while you watch it working.

• Like 1

I've had internet stalkers before. Just block and report as much as you can. Even better, gather video or screen shots of your stalkers so you can use it to get them permanently banned. It sounds like your stalkers are either REALLY BORED or they know you from another site.  

A suggestion with this is to test what's actually going on. Use search to find a place you wouldn't usually ever go. If you're not social, pick a club. If you never do gardens, go to a garden. Wait. See if they appear. This will show if they're following you or if they're simply set up to visit a certain theme of sim.

If you're now certain they're following, replace your current outfit with one of the newbie outfits. Use replace, not add, so that you're wearing nothing other than the newbie gear. Now go to another sim that you'd never usually visit. Hopefully they won't appear.

You can then start putting your old outfit back on, one piece at a time, and seeing when they turn up.

The end result is you might find they're not following you, but are visiting places that match your tastes. You might find they are following and will be able to identify how. Either way, ban them from your skybox.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2019 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.