Let's see how many people from 2017 remember me.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2011 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 hours ago, EmpereurNapoleonBonaparte said:

Sadly, I won’t go on SL everyday because I’ll find a job after my studies.

Actually when you get out of college and get a job, you'll have more time for yourself because you won't have to spend all your waking time studying. You'll have your evenings free and your weekends.  At least until you have kids - then you'll have no time until they are in college.  That's why some of us have time for SL now -- we either don't have kids or our kids are adults.

4 hours ago, EmpereurNapoleonBonaparte said:

It won’t be long until I’m retired.

This will take far, far longer that you think.

On 10/5/2018 at 7:39 AM, LittleMe Jewell said:

Actually when you get out of college and get a job, you'll have more time for yourself because you won't have to spend all your waking time studying. You'll have your evenings free and your weekends.  At least until you have kids - then you'll have no time until they are in college.  That's why some of us have time for SL now -- we either don't have kids or our kids are adults.

This will take far, far longer that you think.

That's a good thing. I've noticed that one of my cousins graduated college last year. When he did, he had time to himself and had no homework to do. All he had to do was to fill up applications. While he wasn't filling up applications, I caught him watching Youtube videos about cats and gerbils while my aunt (his mom) reminded him to fill up job applications. Both of my aunt's children are already grown up.

Retirement? Ah, ok. Yes, it will take forever for me because it's only about half a century that's left. Now it makes me wonder about the technology by then.

On 05 October 2018 at 10:49 AM, EmpereurNapoleonBonaparte said:

A dictator?! You mean Adolf Hitler? Lesser known dictator who was a Roman Emperor and senator was Julius Caesar and his adopted son named Augustus. I’m trying to remember this at the top of my head, but it’s been a while since I got a chance to read about ancient history as a joy due to not having a history class for a long time. I really enjoyed it when I had history class.

In the Roman sense, a "Dictator" was simply a member of the Senate chosen by the Senate to bypass a severe problem with the laws concerning the Roman Military, during the Republican Era...

Generals (Senators) were only allowed to command Armies consisting of TWO Roman Legions and TWO Allied Italian Legions (if available), but Dirty Foreigners (tm) were under NO such limitations, and could have armies that were much much bigger, forcing Rome to send MULTIPLE small armies, whose commanders would argue about who's turn it was to be in charge on a particular day of the week.

No... That's not a joke, they really did that, and lost battles because todays general threw away the advantages gained by yesterdays general. Bloody Stupid.

A "Roman Dictator" could command as many troops as he could raise, and appoint a 2IC as well with similar powers...

In the MODERN sense, yeah Bonaparte was a Dictator, just like the Austrian House Painter...

Nobody ELECTED him, he siezed power by force, implemented his own agenda, with NO regard for anyone, handed out "party favours" to family/friends/sycophants, such as "King of Spain", etc.

He wanted a UNIFIED Europe, under French rule, with a single culture, basically a "Greater France", as opposed to the House Painter's "Greater Germany".

And to get that, he was willing to conscript and send to their deaths, an entire generation of Frenchmen.

Some numbers...

Britain had a TOTAL Army strength of about 345,000, and a Navy of 140,000.

At one point in the Peninsular War, Bonaparte had 350,000 troops in Spain alone, plus occupation forces elsewhere.

He spent 1/3rd of the money he got from the United Rebel Colonies for the sale of Louisiana raising 160,000 MORE troops for the "Army of England" that was intended to invade Britain, but which never did (THANK YOU Royal Navy!), and who probably got reassigned for use elsewhere.

in 1815, after spilling an ocean of blood, he decided to come back, and raised 125,000 veterans for the "Grand Army of the North" to start the whole thing over again...

Shortly before his death, there were plots to liberate him from his prison, and allow him to start up YET again, in South America.

Oh...

FYI, he didn't die on Elba, but on St. Helena, a poxy little nothing of a place in the Atlantic, far from anywhere. Elbe is where he escaped from to cause the Belgian/German slaughter-fest campaign of the "100 days".

And finally, his horse (or whats left of it) is in the National Army Museum, in Chelsea, London... ;) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, EmpereurNapoleonBonaparte said:

Yes. Sadly, England exited out with it and used Brexit.

That happens when you get tired of more than 40 years of Euro-Federalist lies, and blatant and frequent attempts to destroy your country's culture and economy, while bleeding you dry with taxes to subsidise French farmers...

:D 

I'd have preferred it if we'd exited and used Trident...

...to GLASS the Euro-Federalist headquarters, but apparently you're not allowed to declare war on your enemies any more... :( 

And now, they're imposing Article 7 on Hungary. It's starting to feel like 18thC surgery mixed with your standard school yard bullying. Half a million Hungarians in the streets of Budapest protesting the EU and cheering their democratically elected leader - what a beautiful sight. If only I could find half a million Swedes to join me in doing the same over here.
   Swexit ASAP, please.

On 10/11/2018 at 7:48 AM, Klytyna said:

That happens when you get tired of more than 40 years of Euro-Federalist lies, and blatant and frequent attempts to destroy your country's culture and economy, while bleeding you dry with taxes to subsidise French farmers...

:D 

I'd have preferred it if we'd exited and used Trident...

...to GLASS the Euro-Federalist headquarters, but apparently you're not allowed to declare war on your enemies any more... :( 

Declare war?! Someday it shall commence!

• Confused 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2011 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.