Let's see how many people from 2017 remember me.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2018 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

7 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I read that after his death on Elba, they preserved Napoleon’s *ahem* manhood (presumably after some rudimentary autopsy). Not sure why I remember that. Perhaps because it sounds so..emasculating. Gives new meaning to the palindrome, “Able was I, ere I saw Elba.”

From the awesome Ask a Mortician YT channel...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

This implies EmpNap knows what it’s like to “return from the beyond”!

Indeed, I was curious. I totally forgot about asking that question last year until you brought it up right now. Since I already bought the outfit needed, I no longer play those coin-collecting games. Being a newbie that just joined was frustrating because of secret rules I didn’t know of.

From reading the comments from last year, I learned that etiquette in Second Life is just like in real life. I wonder why? Also, someone said that Second Life isn’t a video game. Aren’t virtual worlds video games, too?

That ArthurWellesleyOfWellington account sounds like a great idea. Sadly, none of my friends are interested in participating. But I can imagine how interesting that would be to encounter a newbie who chose that name. I’m imagining all those interesting conversations right now.

6 hours ago, Ivanova Shostakovich said:

Je me souviens certainement de vous!

How could I forget inviting you to my home and gleefully tossing around a physical cube upon which you were sitting?

Moi auss ! Je me souviens de vous.

I remember those times, too! We were playing with items and putting stuff underwater. I think we put a bathtub under your pool and putting me under the pool. We put different weird things underwater. I think you dressed up as a mermaid, and we tried on weird poses that made both of us laugh. We used weird outfits. Sadly, I didn’t come back because of college. I still have to focus on my studies right now.

Meanwhile, I got to improve my French since foreign language was required. I chose French because of the history.

Edited by EmpereurNapoleonBonaparte

10 hours ago, Callum Meriman said:

On 17 March he was confined to his bed, where he remained, apart from a few occasions, until his death on 5 May. Antommarchi, whom the Emperor accused of not attending to his needs with sufficient care, prescribed tartar emetic (a vomiting agent containing antimony) which further weakened the patient. Napoleon then called for a drink made with bitter almonds, which should not have been administered.

This sounds a lot like me whenever I’m not satisfied. That’s a lot how my attitude in real life is like when I asked for something, but the person gave me something else. I would accuse that person for not doing what I told him/her to do. It’s been like that since I was little. I’m guessing it’s part of my personality?

Just now, Love Zhaoying said:

It is outlawed now as ineffective and slightly poisonous.

Indeed, it was. I’ve read about mercury being outlawed when classrooms used to be ok with kids being exposed to mercury. After they discovered the health concerns and the effects of mercurial toxicity, schools stopped using mercury. I think they also banned mercury thermometers around that time. I wasn’t born yet in 1992, so I never got exposed to raw mercury just like kids before 1992 did.

9 minutes ago, EmpereurNapoleonBonaparte said:

ENTJ

You shouldn't put too much faith in the MBTI. It's a bit of populust psychobable that sells well in magazines aimed at teenagers. One of it's biggest failures is that the MBTI tries to pigeon hole people bases on a rigid set of Jungian stereotypes, when people's traits are - in fact - a wide spectrum.

Take the first letter; I/E... the MBTI only sees someone as an Extrovert or an Introvert, a simple binary choice, when in fact there is a whole rainbow of greys between the two extremes. 

Use it for self-reflection - especially to quell some of your clearly obvious narcisistic thoughts - but don't put too much weight in it.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Callum Meriman said:

Well, after his studies are up he could enjoy being an SL dominant and having a bevy of submissives.  He'd likely make an better dom then many of the SL-Dumbinants about.

But, he'd need to be collared first to learn it.  Now that would be interesting. heh.

Since the historical NB is seen as a sad, ultimate failure..I wonder what kind of harem that would be? Maybe French women?

• Like 1

On 10/3/2018 at 3:54 AM, Callum Meriman said:

You shouldn't put too much faith in the MBTI. It's a bit of populust psychobable that sells well in magazines aimed at teenagers. One of it's biggest failures is that the MBTI tries to pigeon hole people bases on a rigid set of Jungian stereotypes, when people's traits are - in fact - a wide spectrum.

Take the first letter; I/E... the MBTI only sees someone as an Extrovert or an Introvert, a simple binary choice, when in fact there is a whole rainbow of greys between the two extremes. 

Use it for self-reflection - especially to quell some of your clearly obvious narcisistic thoughts - but don't put too much weight in it.

Ah, ok. I’ve read about that. People’s personalities are actually like how people see genders today. That’s why they have the LGBTQ communities and identities. Just like LGBTQ is a wide spectrum of identities and genders, personalities are like that, too.

I’ve read about that when they said there’s no such thing as a complete extrovert nor a complete introvert. Everyone falls on the ambivert spectrum sharing a little more qualities in either introvert or extrovert side.

Self-reflection? Can you explain how it will quell my narcissistic thoughts?

• Like 1

On 10/3/2018 at 4:10 AM, Love Zhaoying said:

Choice of association with narcissistic dictator ..!

A dictator?! You mean Adolf Hitler? Lesser known dictator who was a Roman Emperor and senator was Julius Caesar and his adopted son named Augustus. I’m trying to remember this at the top of my head, but it’s been a while since I got a chance to read about ancient history as a joy due to not having a history class for a long time. I really enjoyed it when I had history class.

• Haha 1

On 10/3/2018 at 4:19 AM, Callum Meriman said:

Well, after his studies are up he could enjoy being an SL dominant and having a bevy of submissives.  He'd likely make an better dom then many of the SL-Dumbinants about.

But, he'd need to be collared first to learn it.  Now that would be interesting. heh.

Sadly, I won’t go on SL everyday because I’ll find a job after my studies. It won’t be long until I’m retired. The problem is—will Second Life still be around in a few decades from now? I know that other companies started making their own VR worlds, and those are becoming popular already. SL will have a lot of competition.

But that idea does, indeed, sound interesting. I was one like that in a different website, but then I got betrayed and lost my dominance and power.

29 minutes ago, EmpereurNapoleonBonaparte said:

A dictator?! You mean Adolf Hitler? Lesser known dictator who was a Roman Emperor and senator was Julius Caesar and his adopted son named Augustus. I’m trying to remember this at the top of my head, but it’s been a while since I got a chance to read about ancient history as a joy due to not having a history class for a long time. I really enjoyed it when I had history class.

You don’t think Napoleon was a dictator? Interesting.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2018 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.