Let's see how many people from 2017 remember me.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2012 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I know I had been absent for an entire year due to studies. Now that I have returned, I am curious on how many people I've met here from last year still remember me and how many of them I remember. Try to challenge my memory for fun while I try to challenge yours!

For the names I remember so far, I still remember Talligurl and perhaps LittleMe Jewell (Hadn't we've met before, Madame Jewell?). 

Edited by EmpereurNapoleonBonaparte

17 minutes ago, EmpereurNapoleonBonaparte said:

We’ve met last year? Alas, I do not remember. I guess we didn’t have enough conversations to leave a profound impact on my memory a year later.

I remember your posts, and I probably replied to a few. We did not meet in SL. Only forum posts (no IM’s).

3 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I remember your posts, and I probably replied to a few. We did not meet in SL. Only forum posts (no IM’s).

Ah, I see. Well, I did meet three people from the forums and into SL. All three were women. That last girl that I forgot to mention was Ivanova Shostakovich. I’m not sure what happened to her right now, but it tells me that she’s still active.

I still have nightmares about making Napoleon cakes as a baker's apprentice.

Image result for napoleonbakelse

The wafer thin biscuit is -very- much prone to breaking, the jam is sticky and the icing is sticky - icing the jam turns into such a mess! ... Don't think I ever actually ate one though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Orwar said:

The wafer thin biscuit is -very- much prone to breaking, the jam is sticky and the icing is sticky - icing the jam turns into such a mess! ... Don't think I ever actually ate one though.

But it looks soooo good!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Orwar said:

Those look tasty. I really do strongly yearn to cook French food. Alas, I do not know how to cook much. I shall someday hone my cooking skills, which are barely nonexistent! It’s just that other people end up cooking food for me while I barely got a chance to cook!

16 hours ago, EmpereurNapoleonBonaparte said:

I know I had been absent for an entire year due to studies. Now that I have returned, I am curious on how many people I've met here from last year still remember me and how many of them I remember. Try to challenge my memory for fun while I try to challenge yours!

For the names I remember so far, I still remember Talligurl and perhaps LittleMe Jewell (Hadn't we've met before, Madame Jewell?). 

We never met inworld, just here in the Forums.

1 hour ago, Lindal Kidd said:

/me teleports to Elba and starts sweeping out the Emperor's cell.

I read that after his death on Elba, they preserved Napoleon’s *ahem* manhood (presumably after some rudimentary autopsy). Not sure why I remember that. Perhaps because it sounds so..emasculating. Gives new meaning to the palindrome, “Able was I, ere I saw Elba.”

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I read that after his death on Elba, they preserved Napoleon’s *ahem* manhood (presumably after some rudimentary autopsy). Not sure why I remember that. Perhaps because it sounds so..emasculating. Gives new meaning to the palindrome, “Able was I, ere I saw Elba.”

It was only 1.5 inches too.

The 1.5in (3.8cm) organ now belongs to Evan Lattimer, who inherited it from her father, a renowned urologist who bought it at a Paris auction in 1977 for $3,000 (£1,800).

But this makes sense based on his personality

Urban Dictionary defines “Napoleon complex” as “a personality complex that consists of false machismo to make up for feelings of inferiority”.

5 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Think I read he died from some type of medicine which was poison. Mercury? Dunno. 

On 17 March he was confined to his bed, where he remained, apart from a few occasions, until his death on 5 May. Antommarchi, whom the Emperor accused of not attending to his needs with sufficient care, prescribed tartar emetic (a vomiting agent containing antimony) which further weakened the patient. Napoleon then called for a drink made with bitter almonds, which should not have been administered. The English naval doctor Arnott was then called for. To begin with, he did not consider the illness to be that serious, but ultimately agreed that Napoleon was nearing the end. After consulting with two English colleagues and despite Antommarchi's opposition, Arnott prescribed a massive dose of calomel (10 grains compared with the normal one or two), causing severe haemorrhaging and death.

Calomel is Mercury Chloride.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2012 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.