Kenya Tourism experience

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4683 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi,

I am a doctoral student at Clemson University and am working with Dr. Sheila Backman on a research roject for my dissertation. We are recruiting participants to take part in our research study. This research is open to any Second Life users, who (a) are 18 years of age or older, and (b) have owned and maintained a valid Second Life character (“Avatar”) and account for at least 6 months.

Participation length: 30-45 minutes

Activity: Treasure Hunt Activity

Raffle Prizes: 5,000 Linden Dollars (five winners)

Dates and Times:

Dates: April 30th/ May 1st/ or May 2nd, 2011

Times:

Between 7:00AM (PST) to 9:00AM (PST)

Between 10:00AM (PST) to 12:00PM (PST)

Between 5:00PM (PST) to 7:00 PM (PST)

Masai Tourism Island (http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Massai%20Tourism/101/78/22)

I (Yu Chih Andel) and Dr. Backman (Sharper Shinn) will be at Masai Tourism Island at the above times to welcome you. We will be located at the front desk of the reception area.

Description:

Your participation in our study will involve visiting a destination in Kenya within Second Life. You will receive instructions to participate in a treasure hunt activity and explore the site during your visit. This activity will take you about 30-45 minutes to complete. After the completion of activity, you will take part in two Web surveys as part of the in-world activity to evaluate your experience while visiting this site. Participants will be asked to provide their Avatar’s name at the end of web survey, which will enter them into a random drawing. Multiple entries from the same person will not be accepted.

Prize:

The researcher will randomly select five winners from all eligible participants on May 10th, 2011. The prize of 5,000 Linden Dollars will be given in-world to each of the five winners. The winners will be notified via in-world message so the prize can be awarded to your avatar accounts. The prize is non- transferable, and no cash substitutes for prizes are available.

If you have any questions, please contact Yu-Chih Huang at

yhuang@clemson.edu.

Best Regards,

Yu-Chih Huang (in-world Yu Chih Andel)

PhD Candidate in Park, Recreation and Tourism Management at Clemson University

Dr. Shelia Backman (in-world Sharper Shinn)

Professor in Park, Recreation and Tourism Management at Clemson University

• 2 weeks later...

I disagree! Why go to Australia and New Zealand? Why not just stay put in Singapore?

It's like me going to Cyprus... why not just go to England?

Kenya would be an adventure of a lifetime. I myself would love going to South Africa if it weren't for the ridiculously over inflated prices.

--||-

• 3 weeks later...

Hi thanks for your message.

Here is the information bout the winners.

Re: Exploring Kenya in SL (Treasure Hunt Raffle Prizes 5,000LD)

Options

Reply to yuchih Andel - view message

05-10-2011 06:56 PM

Hi,

Thanks for those who came to participate in our research study. We very appreciate your help on this dissertation research. Five winners of raffle prizes were randomly drawn from all eligible participants.

The five winners are Esthxxxa Anxxl, Oronxxxe Westlxxd, Pelxxxa Sahxxa, Aaxxxn Montxxe, Kaxxxe Joubxxt. The winners will be notified via in-world message on May 11th and raffle prizes of 5,000 Linden Dollars will be awarded to each of the five winners on May 12th.

Again, thanks for your participation.

If you have any questions, please contact Yu-Chih Huang at yhuang@clemson.edu.

Best Regards,

Yu-Chih Huang (in-world Yu Chih Andel)

PhD Candidate in Park, Recreation and Tourism Management at Clemson University

Dr. Shelia Backman (in-world Sharper Shinn)

Professor in Park, Recreation and Tourism Management at Clemson University

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4683 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.