How to reduce my land use fee

TerryAnn Antonelli

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2034 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

33 minutes ago, TerryAnn Antonelli said:

How do I reduce my land use fee? I have already sold extra land and just want to be charged for a regular membership land from now on.

If you have sold all land over the 1024 sqm that your membership allows and if you are not donating tier to any group, then your monthly fee will go away after the final bill.  Tier is always billed in arrears for anything used in the previous month. Thus if your monthly bill typically generates on the 5th of the month and you didn't sell your land until the 7th of the month, then you will still have one final bill coming for the tier that was used from the 5th to the 7th.

• Like 1

Some also say that once you have decreased the amount of land you own, you should go to Land Manager on your Dashboard page and check the bottom radio button for $0.00 per month.  I have not found this to be necessary...just because you CAN own more Mainland does not mean you'll be billed for it.  But you might want to do this just to be on the safe side.

Capture.thumb.PNG.48de0c3d48593f1b379ce52b446d9c9c.PNG

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Some also say that once you have decreased the amount of land you own, you should go to Land Manager on your Dashboard page and check the bottom radio button for $0.00 per month.  I have not found this to be necessary...just because you CAN own more Mainland does not mean you'll be billed for it.  But you might want to do this just to be on the safe side.

Yeah, all that radio button does is set the level at which you will be warned inworld when you try to purchase land that will toss you into a higher tier level.

The one thing that it IS good for -- the system will never let you set that button lower than however much tier you are currently using.  Thus if you cannot reduce it to the USD 0.00 level, then you are still using more that your 1024 somewhere.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2034 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.