Jump to content
Hilary Querrien

Where did my inventory go?

Recommended Posts

I logged in today to get a message that 13 items had been returned to my lost and found folder. Which I sort of expected as the place is being redesigned.

 

However, my lost and found folder has absolutely nothing in it apart from 1 object that ended up there early this morning.

 

Where are the other 13?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did you rez it and make sure it was only 1 object?

Items get returned in coalesced form (kind of linked together)...so check and see if this is the case for you..

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Hilary Querrien said:

I logged in today to get a message that 13 items had been returned to my lost and found folder. Which I sort of expected as the place is being redesigned.

 

However, my lost and found folder has absolutely nothing in it apart from 1 object that ended up there early this morning.

 

Where are the other 13?

 

they could all be linked together in one object that looks like a few little boxes linked together.  Like that  c59d58660de5640a623d6791a0d5ab6b.png

You will need to go to a sandbox or area with plenty of space and rez it in edit mode and take back each piece one by one

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Did you rez it and make sure it was only 1 object?

Items get returned in coalesced form (kind of linked together)...so check and see if this is the case for you..

the thing that was in there was from earlier this morning before i logged in to find out 13 objects had been returned. And it's still that single object

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Hilary Querrien said:

the thing that was in there was from earlier this morning before i logged in to find out 13 objects had been returned. And it's still that single object

Hmmm... Unfortunately this could mean your items are lost.

Or...they might have gone to other folders in your inventory.

I have witnessed some strange happenings with this feature over the years.

But you did own these 13 objects right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Hmmm... Unfortunately this could mean your items are lost.

Or...they might have gone to other folders in your inventory.

I have witnessed some strange happenings with this feature over the years.

But you did own these 13 objects right?

Yes. I'm beginning to wonder if they've gone into the folder where they originally came from as i went to look for one that was copiable and I seem to have two of them there now. However, there was another thing that i had and i don't have two copies of that so maybe not

Edited by Hilary Querrien

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you rezzed that single object to see exactly what it is? You said that it arrived there this morning, so it does look promising.

Incidentally, when objects are coalesced, the resulting coalesced object is given the name of one of them, so you might think that that is all it is. E.g. Dining Table. All the chairs, the table, the rug, the bed, and the stuff from the next room might all be in there, but it's simply called Dining Table so you wouldn't know.

Edited by Phil Deakins

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

Have you rezzed that single object to see exactly what it is? You said that it arrived there this morning, so it does look promising.

Incidentally, when objects are coalesced, the resulting coalesced object is given the name of one of them, so you might think that that is all it is. E.g. Dining Table. All the chairs, the table, the rug, the bed, and the stuff from the next room might all be in there, but it's simply called Dining Table so you wouldn't know.

Yes I did. This morning was this morning where I am. The other stuff got returned this afternoon. The thing from this morning I did rez just now to check and it was just the single object, it hadn't added friends

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sometimes items do go back to the original folders, so I'd double check all original locations - or just search inventory for the names of the missing items.  Sometimes 'no copy' items don't return well and sometimes they just don't show up right away.  I'd first try logging in with a different viewer and searching for one of the items.  If it exists in one viewer and not the other, the Firestorm support pages give a way to fix it.  As a last resort, if you know enough specifics about the item, sometimes LL can help recover it.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

 I think a dog got the kitten. I saw it in another thread.

I know, right? It looked like it was gently holding the kitten in its mouth to me. But, what do I know?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:
9 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

 I think a dog got the kitten. I saw it in another thread.

I know, right? It looked like it was gently holding the kitten in its mouth to me. But, what do I know?

If you pray to a Hindu God sometimes the kitties will return :)

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good luck Hilary...!

I lost an entire region design once!  A kind Linden got into my inventory and searched far and wide for it.

Of course I would not have wasted their time had it been an inconsequential lost item..

Edited by Luna Bliss

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I know, right? It looked like it was gently holding the kitten in its mouth to me. But, what do I know?

Maybe the dog was rescuing the kitten in an act of supreme mercy. The kitten certainly looked alive.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Hilary Querrien said:

My firestorm kitten has disappeared ?

Just file a support ticket to KittyCatS. They usually send the lost kittens back pretty quickly — a couple hours, the most. It will help if you have the kitten's ID.

If you don't know your kitten's ID, login to KittyCatS, click "Pedigree" on the menu, then your cat's name and you will get the genealogy page which will show only yours, as Firestorm cats have no parents. There you will see its ID. ?

Edited by MBeatrix
additional info

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×