Cart/Marketplace Glitch?

Raeannly

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2008 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I've noticed that there may be a rather irritating glitch with the marketplace cart. I was hoping there was a fix or explanation for it. 

I stash things to buy later in my cart on the web browser first of all. What is happening is that if I come onto the marketplace without logging in find an item add it to my cart, then log in it entirely clears what had been saved in my cart previous to logging out. This in it's self is odd and a bit of a bother for me personally. 

I've also noticed if I find my previous cart items and add them to the cart newly there will then be two of them in the cart not just one as though somehow the cart never actually lost it's previous info.

3 answers to this question

Hi Raeannly, I feel your pain. This is also something that is a little annoying for people who have various alts.

The shopping cart is tied to the browser cookie of the person logged in. If you log in after stashing things your browser cookie changes, so the cart gets messed up. The cart isn't destroyed though, so if you

• log out again you should be able to see the items,
  • open them in new tabs
  • login on a new tab again
  • refresh each tab to get the new login cookie
  • add them to a new cart.

Complex, yep.

I don't believe there is a real solution apart from making sure you log in with the correct avatar before you start shopping.

Hopefully someone else has a better solution!

This cookie-linked behavior is annoying in another way.  If I put things in my cart, and then buy them...and then go back another day to shop in the MP again...those items I bought are still in my cart.  If I don't want to wind up buying them twice, I need to manually delete them.

I was having major shopping cart issues: when trying to check out not all items in my cart would get to the cashier.

It turns out the issue is Microsoft Edge. All issues went away when I switched to Cliqz (a secured version of Mozilla) - I recommend you try a different browser, no matter which browser you are using now, whether it's Chrome or Edge or Explorer, etc. Just try a different one, any one.

This cookie-linked behavior is annoying in another way.  If I put things in my cart, and then buy them...and then go back another day to shop in the MP again...those items I bought are still in my cart.  If I don't want to wind up buying them twice, I need to manually delete them.

I would have this issue also. through I discovered (for me in my case) it was when I closed the checkout window before it updated saying purchase completed. Now I just go to another tab or back in-world and let that page finish doing its thing. I suspect that wiping out the cart is like the absolutely very last possible step it takes before finishing. LOL

FORTUNATELY, the times I have made a double purchase (separated by a day) the creators were kind. Because a 4000L double purchase is nothing to sneeze at.

Edited by Alyona Su

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2008 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.