EstelleDeBoer

Do the AFK girls actually earn any real L$?! And whats the best AFK place to make L$?

Hello, 

I have been watching this for quite a while and considered taking a job in one of these AFK sims, as there are sadly not a lot of jobs in SL to get L$ to get started with as SL is a very very expensive hobby it seems. Just getting a basic avatar seems to cost 50-60 $ already, not counting in expenses for shopping, buying furniture or a house. 

Are there actually any girls making enough L$ with this AFK doll thing? 

Its a serious question, because I have been in a lot of sims and looking at the girls there and the amount of L$ they spent on their avatars, but the tip jars of most of the girls are just empty all the time

Do you work as AFK Model? What is your experience? 

How much do you make per day/week/month (averages, no exact)?

How much does it COST you to do this job? Tier/rent, electric power costs? How much power does your computer draw?

Any advises on how to increase the tips? What type of avatar yields most L$ with your clients? 

I ask because I want be sure to get it right and make enough to justify the investment of >=50$ for buying initial stuff for my avatar so I can keep playing SL afterwards without investing 100s of $ every year

If you will just sit AFK, you have have to be of pretty good visual quality or stand out or maybe serve a specialized fetish or something like that to make good L$. But you will never get rich from it for sure. I think a good avi doing pure AFK and no extra effort, on a public AFK spot, if your doing well, maybe average 250 L$ a night,

That said, if you put effort in it, by advertising a lot in the bigger AFK groups, keep being interesting with outfits, maybe rent a room with interesting furniture, your income can increase. Seen girls make 2k L$ a night, but those are high numbers for just AFKing, and will be every now and then, not every night.

Best money is made though by those who mix the AFK when they really are away, with role playing/active sex when they are available. If they are good, and build up a base of regular clients, you can make pretty decent money. 5k+ a night. Will require much more effort and skill than just being AFK though.

About the best place to be AFK, well I cant be fully objective about that since I own one ;)

You should though find a sim that has moderation and does get rid of non tippers, if not you will be used a lot but not get much in return. I would advise a rental sim, there are several, where you can set up your own room and get clients to come in directly to your room (by advertising). For starters, try out a few on public spots. See if you like the sim, the traffic is good and so on.

There are several popular crowded sims. This is good for traffic it generates. Downside is, you will also have to compete with a lot of other AFK models. Just try out and find what suits you best.