MESH stuffs

resha29

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2034 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 hours ago, Sagadin said:

Try clicking on "add" rather then "wear," after right clicking on the item in your inventory. If you "wear" something it replaces whatever is attached to that point, adding doesn't do that.

screen-01.png

That's an impressive set of folders for dresses......*thinking*......?

• Thanks 1

Just now, Sagadin said:

sorting is still very much a work in progress! any volunteers to do it for me?

I wonder if it's worth making a Jira requesting the Lab gives us a way to let other people sort our inventory?

Those with submissives can command their pets to do the dirty work. Those who don't like RLV can enlist friends for a fun 'sorting party' sitting around a campfire and chatting as they drag someone's folders around. One could even see a way that people could get quite rich creating businesses to do it.

A sorting party could be sort of fun. Almost like a Amish Barn Raising.

proxy.duckduckgo_com.png.d2e4798afe3333f5dc99dc2ab7a7aee8.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Callum Meriman said:

I wonder if it's worth making a Jira requesting the Lab gives us a way to let other people sort our inventory?

For privacy's sake: PLEASE NO! People will try to take a keep into your inventory and will build up peer pressure to do so: So NO! I say and so most likely will the Lab.

• Haha 1

On 28 September 2018 at 4:13 PM, resha29 said:

like if i put met tops my pant or hair is gone forever. what shud i do??? plz help me out

On 28 September 2018 at 4:20 PM, Sagadin said:

Try clicking on "add" rather then "wear," after right clicking on the item in your inventory. If you "wear" something it replaces whatever is attached to that point, adding doesn't do that.

screen-01.png

Many of the LAZIER clothing content creators, forget to assign a logical attachment point for their mesh clothing items...

The system defaults to "right hand" so WEARING a coffee cup on your hand will replace whatever is already on that attachment point... Like your mesh dress and mesh hair, and your mesh shoes...

Don't panic. You, yes you the ordinary SL user in the street can FIX this problem easily...

The first time you wear/add a new mesh item, see where it attaches, and if it's right hand, take it off and then right click, as per the picture above, but choose "Attach to..." then pick a suitable spot from the list...

Rigged mesh hair should be worn on the "skull" point, rigged mesh boots/shoes on one of the feet if it's a pair (left foot is best for Maitreya users as the Maitreya feet attach to right foot) or both feet if separate shoes, dresses/skirts attached to "stomach", panties to "pelvis", bras to "chest", and so on, choose logical places and be consistent...

Once a rigged/fitted mesh item has been attached this way, and detached, it "remembers" where to attach NEXT time you wear it. So NEXT time you wear a dress it will replace the dress you have on and leave your hair and panties, and shoes alone...

AND as an added bonus...

You don't end up bald, barefoot, and naked when you pick up a cup of coffee... ;) 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2034 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.