Blackmail on reviews

Naiman Broome

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2026 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

14 minutes ago, Naiman Broome said:

Is there a way to block certain people to access your merchant store and products?

I have got someone blackmailing to get free stuff or leave bad reviews.

Well the way I see it.  If they leave a bad review you have proof of the blackmail to get it removed and get to keep the money.  Or you can just AR then now with the blackmail proof

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

what Cindy says, as that behaviour is contraproductive to the whole SL community there is a good chance to get your blackmailer removed from SL alltogether... however make sure te person who did the bad review and the "blackmailer" are the same... could be some real weird revange act too...

• Like 1

It would be a case of calling their bluff then working with the reporting system and Dakota Linden to get the bad reviews removed.

Your products are pretty darned good Naiman and they speak for themselves, I use them extensively. I think the quality of your products on display speaks volumes and you have a good name as a creator. In many cases answering their bad review with a well written comment not only undoes their mean words, it can completely work in your benefit by making them look like unreasonable idiots and you as a patient person who does support their sales.

• Like 5

One of the AR categories is "Derogative comments about the creator" (paraphrased). I have a friend who sells stuff and always gets 4 and 5-star reviews. He says the thing is to leave a comment on a negative review to reiterate anything you've done to satisfy the reviewer. Then submit the AR. LL can look at all iterations of review and comments (even deleted ones).

I'd even mention the bullying (extortion attempt) in any such comment, too. Just to see how they reply to it, then do the flagging.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2026 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.