Sign in to follow this  
Garnet Psaltery

Moonbase Alpha is recruiting!

Our recently-formed roleplay group, Moonbase Alpha Project, based on ideas and settings from Space:1999 is looking to expand its numbers.  Humans, robots, aliens considered :) We've got a cracking story going and have already had two sessions in locations on Earth, the Moon, and Ganymede (one of Jupiter's moons).

We're enthusiastic, light-hearted (we love a joke), and happy to look at new ideas.  The Commander is Mitch Charron.  Send him an IM for an invitation and take a look at our Facebook group here .

Example pics -

Moonbase Alpha.jpg

Outpost Delta Bar.jpg

Officers' Meeting.jpg

Edited by Garnet Psaltery
More detail.
  • Like 1

I don't know what 'space1999' is, but I do have a fun robot avie I haven't had a reason (or opportunity) to wear in a while. Looks like it could be fun. Mebbe I'll have a look-see tomorrow or sumfin. Though my in-world hours skew toward early mornings (SL time) so I rarely get to see a role-play sim that has role-players on it. :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alyona Su said:

I don't know what 'space1999' is, but I do have a fun robot avie I haven't had a reason (or opportunity) to wear in a while. Looks like it could be fun. Mebbe I'll have a look-see tomorrow or sumfin. Though my in-world hours skew toward early mornings (SL time) so I rarely get to see a role-play sim that has role-players on it. :)

It was a campy tv show. You can find it on YouTube.

• Like 1

It was a UK production from Gerry and Sylvia Anderson, who created wonderful things with puppets such as Thunderbirds :) 

Edited by Garnet Psaltery
  • Like 1

OMG that music! Hahaha! So retro. I *have* to have a look-see now. And I think I have a B&W Sci-Fi outfit that kinda-sorta looks like that one guy's uniform. Except it's a touch racier. Bahahaha

Yep I always loved the theme song! I remember watching the show when I was young, and playing a recording of the theme song on Halloween at my house.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alyona Su said:

OMG that music! Hahaha! So retro. I *have* to have a look-see now. And I think I have a B&W Sci-Fi outfit that kinda-sorta looks like that one guy's uniform. Except it's a touch racier. Bahahaha

We're pretty nearly PG so I hope you won't be disappointed. ?

12 hours ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

We're pretty nearly PG so I hope you won't be disappointed. ?

No, no.. by "racier" I mean is shows legs. LOL It's kind of a leotard-ish outfit. :)

The silliest premise behind Space:1999 is that the moon was somehow blown out of Earth’s orbit..but the space station was not destroyed. 

Just remembered, I had a model kit of the “Eagle” spacecraft. Do you have the Eagle on the RP sim?

Edited by Love Zhaoying

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

The silliest premise behind Space:1999 is that the moon was somehow blown out of Earth’s orbit..but the space station was not destroyed. 

Just remembered, I had a model kit of the “Eagle” spacecraft. Do you have the Eagle on the RP sim?

Yes indeed!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

No, no.. by "racier" I mean is shows legs. LOL It's kind of a leotard-ish outfit. :)

If you do join as a crew member you'll have to wear our uniform but as an alien or civilian you would have more choice.  Mitch can advise you :o)