Moonbase Alpha is recruiting!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 855 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Our recently-formed roleplay group, Moonbase Alpha Project, based on ideas and settings from Space:1999 is looking to expand its numbers.  Humans, robots, aliens considered :) We've got a cracking story going and have already had two sessions in locations on Earth, the Moon, and Ganymede (one of Jupiter's moons).

We're enthusiastic, light-hearted (we love a joke), and happy to look at new ideas.  The Commander is Mitch Charron.  Send him an IM for an invitation and take a look at our Facebook group here .

Example pics -

Moonbase Alpha.jpg

Outpost Delta Bar.jpg

Officers' Meeting.jpg

Edited by Garnet Psaltery
More detail.
  • Like 1

I don't know what 'space1999' is, but I do have a fun robot avie I haven't had a reason (or opportunity) to wear in a while. Looks like it could be fun. Mebbe I'll have a look-see tomorrow or sumfin. Though my in-world hours skew toward early mornings (SL time) so I rarely get to see a role-play sim that has role-players on it. :)

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Alyona Su said:

I don't know what 'space1999' is, but I do have a fun robot avie I haven't had a reason (or opportunity) to wear in a while. Looks like it could be fun. Mebbe I'll have a look-see tomorrow or sumfin. Though my in-world hours skew toward early mornings (SL time) so I rarely get to see a role-play sim that has role-players on it. :)

It was a campy tv show. You can find it on YouTube.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Alyona Su said:

OMG that music! Hahaha! So retro. I *have* to have a look-see now. And I think I have a B&W Sci-Fi outfit that kinda-sorta looks like that one guy's uniform. Except it's a touch racier. Bahahaha

We're pretty nearly PG so I hope you won't be disappointed. ?

The silliest premise behind Space:1999 is that the moon was somehow blown out of Earth’s orbit..but the space station was not destroyed. 

Just remembered, I had a model kit of the “Eagle” spacecraft. Do you have the Eagle on the RP sim?

Edited by Love Zhaoying
1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

The silliest premise behind Space:1999 is that the moon was somehow blown out of Earth’s orbit..but the space station was not destroyed. 

Just remembered, I had a model kit of the “Eagle” spacecraft. Do you have the Eagle on the RP sim?

Yes indeed!

• Thanks 1
  • 4 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 855 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.