Has anyone noticed that their featured items on the Marketplace aren't showing up?

Annie Melson

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4735 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Has anyone else out there noticed that featured items they have put up on the Marketplace aren't showing up? The listings are showing "views" but they can't be seen in the featured areas. I know that if someone is looking at the time it kind of locks it so it doesn't show up for everyone at the same time, so I had several others look for my items and they couldn't see them either. I've never had a problem seeing my listed items in a featured area. My sales have dropped dramatically where they had been climbing consistently. I sent a support ticket to get help. After a month the listings actually showed in the featured area for 2 days and my sales went back up to normal (without LL help or from the support ticket). Then suddenly they aren't showing again, and once again my sales have plummeted. Not cool for spending 4000L for items that aren't showing. Anyway they are now instructing me to issue a bug report, which I will be doing, but I was wondering if there are any others out there with the same problem?

3 answers to this question

Exactly! Yet that doesn't explain the loss in sales! I'm beyond frustrated. This is my rl income and I'm hurting badly because of it right now. Premium account hasn't helped me in this instance at all! Did it ever get resolved for you, Peewee? Did it fix itself? I'm wondering if I just let the "listings" expire and then relist them if that might work?

I did try an do as they suggested, but tbh I lost the will to live flicking through all them pages so I gave up. I "assume" that they show to some people, as the number of views on features is higher than reg items, but the difference in the numbers is not as high as it used to be on Xstreet. It could be that more people are featuring more items now and so each one comes around less often or something like that. I agree that it is frustrating, because unless you have 0 views for a feature then there is no way to really prove that its not working.

Try posting about it on the merchants forum http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Merchants/bd-p/Merchants to see if anyone there thinks they get a good result for their money with them.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4735 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.