Profile picks show incorrect location name after updating with 'set location'

Tini Jewell

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4744 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello all.  I have just updated the location for some of my profile picks since they were linked to previously owned land and I want to have them linked to my current land.  However, after pressing 'Set Location' on the specific pick, while standing on my parcel and hitting 'ok', the pick then shows someone else's name before the name of the location when I view the pick.  I have no idea who the individual is or even if they had owned the land prior to me.  I did not buy it from this individual and the land is set to my group - this person is not a member of the group.

Is anyone else having this issue?  I logged off and back in but it still shows the same incorrect info.  Perhaps I need to request a region reboot?  This is mainland, not a busy sim by any means.

I would appreciate knowing if anyone else has had this problem and how it was resolved.  Thanks!

Tini

3 answers to this question

How curious, haven`t heard that one before.

What viewer are you using? You would need to test it on an official LL viewer to report it as a bug to LL.

As that Pick is now already messed up, try going to a few more locations and resetting it to there and see if it still puts the wrong info on it.

Let us know what you find out (you can post back here using Comments)

After speaking with Live Chat and being directed to the Jira to search, it seems there have been prior old, unresolved, issues with it... https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/VWR-3758

I'm currently using one of the Phoenix viewers, RC 1050 at the moment. Creating new picks does allow the correct land name to appear but using the 'Set Location' on an older pick to just update the location shows the incorrect land owner name.

I've resolved the issue by recreating all my older picks and deleting the older ones, and am considering this closed.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4744 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.