Sign in to follow this  
Kiwi Runo

Billing Information

Question

5 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Kiwi Runo said:

Heyo. Can I use my relative's credit card for my account? My card doesn't allow me to bind to SL.

And can LL ban me for this? TY. 

Xxx

yes you can use it, but possibly LL asks for additional info when/if they notice account details and card details don't match.

Perhaps it's preventing some complications if you can find out why yours isn't accepted.

Setting up a verified paypal/skrill on your own name is also a option.

13 hours ago, Kiwi Runo said:

Heyo. Can I use my relative's credit card for my account? My card doesn't allow me to bind to SL.

And can LL ban me for this? TY. 

Xxx

From experience, the Lab don't like this. They can put an administrative hold on you and ask you to confirm who you are with faxed copies of legal paperwork.

I would suggest you create a support ticket beforehand to make sure they know it is ok with the relative.

I would not try using someone else's credit card.  Linden Lab is not the only one who is very suspicious of activity like this.

You'd be better off to use your own card and link it to a PayPal or Skrill account.  Then transfer some money into the PayPal account, and use that as your payment method for SL.

A possible alternative would be to ask your relative to make their own SL account, register their card, buy $L, and give them to you.

Basically what Lindal and Callum said. If you really want to use your relative's card maybe filing a suport case and waiting for the answer before risking your account by just doing it would be the more advisable way to go.