any one know off hand will bouncey boobs and butt work on rigged av's?

linkin Slate

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3892 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

thats a question i tought 5 minutes ago, i was thinking, the first thing im gonna do when mesh comes out is to have a mesh body, to take advantage of mesh clothes, but, how will mesh interact with body physics?

since mesh is an attachment you wear, it will not move, unless, theres a way to import some kind of flexibility with the mesh itself

another idea is to add to the original body (the one we modify with sliders) mesh attributes, like a "mesh touch" layer, after all, is a mesh, right?

another idea, would be to have a mesh body in different pieces, one attached to the breasts, another piece as the belly, and another as the butt, once it gets figured out how to make attachments move with avatar physics (an idea how to make them move: that the right/left chest, right/left hip, and spine attachment points get affected by the physics sliders too)

there must be a solution

Even though  i hadnt tested it  and just asked here i basicly went with the idea it wasnt going to work with mesh av's or attachments, so as allways the lindens, seem to cause  confusion,

Allmost like for example  coming out with a feature  that will only work on  veiwer 1.25. and not for v2 veiwer back tracking kinda, i guess in my eyes mesh , was to allow devolopment in mesh clothes and av's, leading away from the club foot, bad uv  av we use in sl today,

Unless this is a sign  there planning  them selfs to devolop a avatar 2 for sl, i know they talked about it, 

• Lindens

In a word: no.

Avatar physics will not affect avatar attachments, which rigged avatar meshes are. Avatar physics utilizes some morph parameters that exist in the standard SL mesh that aren't exposed to imported rigged meshes, and therefore won't have an effect on them.

Good question though!

• 2 years later...

I one no 2 times  saw  a person  wit a odd looking metallic spine  with some lights  and  her Avatar moved unlike most

the  shake of  breasts  was Ni perfect and  when you touched  the breasts they moved instead of my hand  passing thru  a phantom in pose balls and off also would hang like  real boobs would not just bouncing too and  fro  with movements I can tell you  who  the  person is that had it but the person wont  talk to me or told me anything and has  not  responded  to  any one  that  asked  the person, that I mentioned  the person too,

if you know more  about particular  subject of physics in SL please let me know.

I did an experiment back in the hopeful stage of an avatar mesh deformer. I weighted and rigged two small mesh cubes to the avatar's breasts. I uploaded them on ADITI with a deformer project viewer. They moved with the physics layer according to breast movement. There was no latency in the movement of the attachment relative to the physics. It was spot on.

This is because, I think, the deformer works on the morphs, not relying on bones. This made me suspect that rigged and weighted mesh nails might have accurately tracked the movements of the avatar hands during hand morphs associated with avatar animations. Though I did not test this.

I like exposed boobies as much as the next y-chromosome bearing human.  And I agree.

Expose the morph parameters for rigged mesh uploads.  Let us make mesh avatars that can do what the existing avatar can provide.  Yes, it makes more work for us to do all the morph targets and vertex groups in our rigged meshes......and we'll have to modify all the tools to give us ways to prepare the data for uploads.....and probably a lot more.  But the option has to be there first.

And with that, we'd have the functionality for facial expressions, hand poses, and rigged mesh clothing could also follow avatar shapes (since AFAIK, the shape elements that don't adjust bone position are morph targets.)

A lot more work for the mesh modellers, but what a return on investment!

(Of course, this means we need a way to include, or a separate mechanism to upload the morph data, and it will increase the download weight of a mesh considerably.  A fully rigged avatar this way could easily be 5-10 times the simple rigged mesh download size.  There are a LOT of morphs in there.  Of course, you could always not include morphs you don't want to support or that aren't required by that particular element....pants don't need to implement breast morph targets......so except for full avatars, the file sizes and data sizes won't increase more than 2-3 times....)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3892 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.