Problem with the way lighting and shadows affect my avatar after applying a customised texture.

Tenacious1996

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2039 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi there. I hope I posted this in the right place. 

I'm just wondering if someone can help me out. I've been using a customised texture on my avatar 2.0 body for a long time now, but just recently, I've noticed that under certain lighting, the shading is all strange. some of my body parts pick up the colours cast by lights in the room, whereas my body won't, and appears a different shade than the rest of my parts. be it lighter or darker. I've tried to fix the problem, by grabbing my texture from the Cache, then creating a new file in photoshop, then re-uploading it. but that didn't work. I tested my avatar with the standard avatar 2.0 texture, and that seems to look totally normal. but if I pull that texture from the cache, then re-upload that, it acts the same as my texture. I'll include some screenshots so you can see what I mean. If someone could help me out, I'd really appreciate it. this is driving me nuts! xD 

2.PNG

1.PNG

Thanks for the reply. I have already played around with Windlight settings, and my graphics settings too. but no Joy. I've also asked a few of my friends, and they see the problems as well. I'm sure this shouldn't be happening. I've seen others using custom textures on avatar 2.0, and even using the same Head as me, but they don't appear to have this issue. Something is happening to the texture, between me pulling it from SL, and re-uploading it. I just can't figure it out.  

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2039 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.