Horse Breeders Wanted

Blue Myanamotu

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4731 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On May 25th we are having a special all day auction, black tie ball and all day auction to benefit Red Cross Relief in Alabama.  We are looking for good horse breeders who would like to participate in the auction and rent a stall prior to the event.  Those that rent stalls will be featured.  We ask that participants donate a horse to the auction.  Horses must be 5+ traits, black or white, and/or limited edition/charmed horses.

Here's your chance to donate money from your limited edition horses to a bigger cause.  If you've bought LE horses to donate to a charity, now is your chance to use those horses to donate twice.  Please send an notecard in-world to either Blue Myanamotu or Akemi Myanamoto if you are interested in participating.

Thank you!

Blue

Hi Jazen!

Thanks for the response.  The sim that was originally going to host the event fell through, so I guess...I'm in need of finding a sim that would be willing to let us host the event for a week.  But, what I originally thought to do was to allow stall/prim rentals to go to the sim owner.  Then in terms of donated horses for the auction, horse owners take 10% while 90% goes to the charity.  I've never done an event of this magnitude before, so any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.  ^.^  I'll post as I know/learn more. 

Blue

A new update!

Upon hearing my situation, the Happy Homeland Auction House has been generous enough to allow us to host the Gala Charity Social on their sim!  Which means, we need interested horse breeders and horse instructors who would be willing to teach and place horses for auction.  Right now, we are waiting to hear from the charity - we have selected some very reputable, and viable charities to work with and I will update as I know more.  However, to answer your previous questions:

Event will be from May 23rd -May 25th

May 23-May 24th we need instructors who would be interested in teaching one or more of the following classes:  How to be an auctioneer, pricing horses according to the market, intro to horse breeding, joining helpful groups and where to get help. 

May 25th - we need auctioneers who would do shifts throughout the day of the event leading up to the Gala Ball.  

May 25th at 5 pm SLT - we are looking for a DJ and auctioneer for music and an occasional special auction.  This may be a charity auction/silent bid board, depending on the details, which we are still working on. 

Instructors and auctioneers may have a stall with 50 prims, for free for the 3 days of the event.  For others, stall rentals will be 150L for 50 prims for the three day event.  Rental goes to the sim owner (who has allowed us to use her sim for free and is working with me to plan the event), whereas 90% of the auction money will go to the charity and seller keeps 10%.  Sellers must provide their own food.  

I guess, the purpose of the social isn't to make money.  It's a chance for people to get together in the horse breeding community, meet, greet and learn something.  There's so many nice people in our community, but we rarely get to do anything other than sell bargain, so now... we can talk and teach horse, plus... those of you (like me) who bought LE horses to support a charity?  Now we can get a chance to give back even more to another worthy cause.  ^.^  I kinda liked that idea.  

Okay.  I think I answered all the questions.  ^.^  If not, please feel free to ask more.  You can send me a notecard in-world to Akemi Myanamotu or Blue Myanamotu if you are interested in helping out or renting a stall and participating in the charity auction.  

Thank you everyone!

Blue

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4731 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.