Where are the regulars?

Lindal Kidd

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2017 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Got tired of the negativity. First time looking in a week. Heading over to post on the Sansar thread LOL.  If folks wanted me gone, they got it :D.  

I noticed a while ago that a lot of really SMART folks have left the building. That isn't a plus. Keep on dispensing info OP! Someone needs to stay.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Cindy Evanier said:

didn't realise there is a hierarchy on who should answer questions.  

should answers... more accurate... The hierarchy does not decide WHO answers or even who has the BEST answers. But, serves the excellent purpose of allowing us to tease one another. Rolig has been around a while... you know, she is LIKE REALLY OLD... ? so has the lead in having helped others. It is also a good indication she has amazing patience in dealing with other residents.

Her helpfulness shows in her ranking. Some of the rest of us are just rank... ? 

There are several that put lots of effort into helping others. I appreciate them, regardless of ranking. In my first years in SL they helped me a bunch.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Nalates Urriah said:

Rolig has been around a while... you know, she is LIKE REALLY OLD... ?

Gosh .... um ... thanks, Nalates.  Some days I feel a lot older than others, but most days nobody else notices.  ;) 

Really, though, there are maybe a dozen of us who hang around here.  The cast changes gradually over time as new folks wander in, and we lose an old friend now and then.  I've never thought of this as any sort of hierarchy or a competition. We each know more about some things than we do about others, but we all know more than most newbies (we've made all the common mistakes a few hundred times more than they have), so we help out where we can.  I try not to jump on the "me too" bandwagon when I see that one of you guys already gave a perfectly good answer, but if I think I have something valuable to add (or, very rarely, if I think someone gave bad advice), I'll hop in.  We all do that. This isn't exactly a team, but it feels like it sometimes. Mostly we're just smart friends.

1 hour ago, Ethan Paslong said:

kinda silly to see a post keeps getting voted down for giving a personal opinion.

Silly indeed, although I imagine some people could have read the bit about smart people the wrong way.  Looking around, I see a lot of smart people still here. ?

Voting down doesn't make much sense to me, except in those rare cases when someone gives advice that is flat-out incorrect. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:
3 hours ago, Ethan Paslong said:

kinda silly to see a post keeps getting voted down for giving a personal opinion.

Voting down doesn't make much sense to me, except in those rare cases when someone gives advice that is flat-out incorrect. 

^^This -- I tend to vote things back up if they have a negative vote unless the answer given is flat out wrong or the person involved is truly being extra pissy (name calling, playing the victim card, being an extra PITA because they didn't get the answer they wanted).  I've even logged in alts to vote things back up if there are multiple negative votes that I don't think should be there.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

I imagine some people could have read the bit about smart people the wrong way.

Burnout is a terrible thing, and something we all feel from time to time. Hopefully Chic's time alone in Sansar will help cure her of this feeling and reinvigorate her creativity. I know we all value her input and all hope she eventually feels happier about SL and the community.

When she returns maybe she will see there are still a lot of nice people left in SL

20 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

If folks wanted me gone, they got it :D.  

I noticed a while ago that a lot of really SMART folks have left the building.

Only the derps are left :(

2 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I’d post more, but in Answers, I assume they want “Good” answers!

I think you are fully capable of giving "Good" answers, Love.

I gave lots of good answers over the years... and a few of them were correct!

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

My contribution to the answer section dropped, because the new forum design makes it harder to find new, unanswered questions and the down and up voting system makes it more difficult to understand whats going on in questions that have already a few replies to them.

I can't help with the first, and I agree with the second, but there is a workaround.  On the right, just below the original post, are two buttons, "sort by date" and "sort by votes".  Sadly, votes is the default, but one click puts the thread back in chron order.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2017 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.