Annabell Wandsworth

Looking to restart Texas group

2 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

What are you planning to do with the group?

Hi Rhonda. I have met several people here in sl from Texas before, and just thought it would be cool if we could all get together here. No big plans, really. I am currently though setting up a group hangout place inworld.

Are you in Texas?

4 hours ago, Annabell Wandsworth said:

Are you in Texas?

Yes.  Born and raised and back again.

Anyway, if it is a Texas chat group, I would like to join.  So what is the name of your group?

• Like 2

There’s a saying, “Only steers and queers come from Texas”, and my momma didn’t raise no steer. ?? I went to Texas A&M, so I are an Aggie Engineer (pronounced with a hard “G”).

27 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

There’s a saying, “Only steers and queers come from Texas”, and my momma didn’t raise no steer. ?? I went to Texas A&M, so I are an Aggie Engineer (pronounced with a hard “G”).

Love, I have no idea why you think that statement is appropriate in any setting. I find it offensive, and I wonder why you are posting in this topic at all. 

33 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

Yes.  Born and raised and back again.

Anyway, if it is a Texas chat group, I would like to join.  So what is the name of your group?

Hey y'all! It's Lone Star State in SL, and I have sent you a group invite.

2 minutes ago, Annabell Wandsworth said:

Love, I have no idea why you think that statement is appropriate in any setting. I find it offensive, and I wonder why you are posting in this topic at all. 

I think:

1) You never heard that quote before “steers and queers”. I did not make it up. While TX may not be LGBT friendly, Second Life is.

2) You missed that I’m from Texas: grade 4 through college, with family still in TX.

3) You will find that anyone will post “seemingly meaningless or confusing” things on any thread posted on the Forum. Did you miss that I explained several other people’s response to your post?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I think:

1) You never heard that quote before “steers and queers”. I did not make it up. While TX may not be LGBT friendly, Second Life is.

2) You missed that I’m from Texas: grade 4 through college, with family still in TX.

3) You will find that anyone will post “seemingly meaningless or confusing” things on any thread posted on the Forum. Did you miss that I explained several other people’s response to your post?

Love, yes I see your posts on many threads here. I do not find this one or any of your others helpful or enlightening, and still do not find your post about Texas "steers or queers" anything other than offensive.

1 hour ago, Annabell Wandsworth said:

Who is Quinn

Unless you can afford to move out of Texas, you don't want to know.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Again, this post is to look for people who live in Texas to join an inworld group. Thank you to those who posted responses directly related to this topic.

Many people have weird ideas about what Texas is and isn't. 

Edited by Annabell Wandsworth
  • Confused 1

49 minutes ago, Annabell Wandsworth said:

Many people have weird ideas about what Texas is and isn't. 

Well it's Texas... the state kinda invites folks of having silly ideas about it, both Texans and non-Texans alike.