Giant 128x128 Mesh Cave

AchillesAlpharius

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2036 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Looking for a giant cave that's 128x128 that will fit inside a skybox. I'm going to be placing buildings INSIDE the cave. Not sure if anything like that even exists, or something that will let me build that. That would also work. I have searched for the past 2 days on market and all I can find are small cavern systems, nothing that lets me construct giant caves. 

34 minutes ago, AchillesAlpharius said:

Looking for a giant cave that's 128x128 that will fit inside a skybox. I'm going to be placing buildings INSIDE the cave. Not sure if anything like that even exists, or something that will let me build that. That would also work. I have searched for the past 2 days on market and all I can find are small cavern systems, nothing that lets me construct giant caves. 

give this a try... https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/14830/search?utf8=✓&search[category_id]=&search[maturity_level]=G&search[keywords]=cliffs

Most likely you will need to purchase a mesh cave construction kit and stretch the parts to a larger size. Doing it with smaller parts might end up using way too much LI. However, changing the size can ruin the physics so the walls aren't solid anymore. You can solve that by using a few transparent prims to make it walkable.

*When you change the size be sure and group select all parts at the same time to maintain alignment.

• Like 1

Yeah I was wondering about that as I typed -- distortion in the textures when the mesh size is changed.

What I would do, and actually have done a lot as I create skyboxes, would be to texture your 128x128 skybox walls with a cave texture, and then place mesh cliffs and plants against the skybox in spots (especially in corners to disguise the box look). You might even be able to get a 'copy only' texture from the creator of the cliffs to reasonably match your skybox walls. Or perhaps find one on the MP that matches the cliffs fairly well.
Art is often just the skill of disguising well, and with enough fiddling I think you could make it seem as though you're in a cave.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2036 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.