Is there Anyone

HeavenlyGirlAngel

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2040 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

7 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, HeavenlyGirlAngel said:

hi there i know this is a place wher u can aske your questions , but is there any way of contacting the developers, i want to ask them a question, personialy ? 

Depending on what it is you could always contact support with a ticket ticket https://lindenlab.freshdesk.com/support/tickets/new

There are eight seven ways to contact Linden Lab, and each is used for a different purpose.

1.  A Support Ticket.  If you are having some sort of technical problem, use this method.  Use Help/Support/Create Case on your Dashboard page.  You can only choose certain classes of issues.  If you are a Premium member, you get access to an expanded level of support, and can also use Live Chat instead of submitting a ticket.
  2.  You can submit an Abuse Report from the viewer in world (Help/Report Abuse).  Use this if you are being stalked, harrassed, or griefed, or observe someone who is breaking the Terms of Service.  This is not a two-way conversation, though.  You submit the report, and get a confirmation email from LL that they got your report, and that's it.
  3.  Billing issues.  You can call 800-294-1067 or 703-286-6277 during normal US California business hours.
  4.  You can call the Fraud Hotline if you believe your account has been compromised.  800-860-6990.
  5.  You can submit a bug report using the JIRA system. https://jira.secondlife.com/secure/Dashboard.jspa. You can also use the JIRA to submit a suggestion for a new feature.
  6.  You can attend an in world Office Hours session.  Several Lindens hold more or less regular office hours, or sometimes meetings will be announced on the official blog.  See this link: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:User_Groups
  7.  You can send an actual paper letter to LL headquarters, or telephone them or send them a fax.  Here is the contact information:   Linden Research, Inc.  945 Battery Street, San Francisco, CA 94111    Phone: +1 (415) 243-9000.     Fax: 415.243.9045   Note:  I do NOT recommend doing this if you just want to chat with LL.  It will not go well.  Usually, the only reason you'd send them a letter is to inform them you're suing them for some reason, or to send them your resume to ask for a job.

(And yet people say that LL never listens.  With all these ways to communicate, who could ever think such a thing!?)

Edited by Lindal Kidd
Corrected erroneous information
  • Like 3

For any informal question, you can attend a User Group meeting facilitated by a Linden. (Lindal's #6) These days there are often 2 or 5 Lindens around. You can IM them for privacy.

But, they may not provide an answer. Those at the meetings are generally not general managers, more likely an engineer. They specialize in some part of the SL system. So, they may not know an answer. Most won't venture to answer on subjects outside their immediate first-hand knowledge. Some won't answer off meeting-topic questions. They are pretty good about saying 'I don't know' or it is above my pay grade or outside my area. I am often surprised how narrow a knowledge field some have.

And there is the opposite problem. You may get to one of the upper management types. Then you're likely to find they don't have the details to make a knowledgeable answer. So, you may hear, "We've talked about that, but I don't know where we are on that." "We are working on that, but..." "It's on our list, but..."

And there are security matters they simply will not discuss. Management matters and company policy are solely Ebbe's domain.

And... they do not respond well to anything they feel may pull them into some drama.

other than that... you can ask them anything... ?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2040 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.