iamyourneighbour

Need ideas for drugs

Hello all,

I would like to pluck your brain and siphon your ideas. I have been scripting SL drugs with UI overlay effects, but I would like to look into scripting original fictional drug for use in SL than making imitation of IRL drug effects.

Please add in:
1. Name of your drug
2. Method of ingestion (Snorting, drinking, injection whatever you can think of)
3. UI effects you like to see
4. Other side effects you like to see.

Accepted ideas get 1000L ?

• Like 3

i will start

nostril plugs. Tube from plugs to a hand cranked dynamo. Crank it really fast. Makes lots of noisy whirring sounds. Drug chemical flows up the tube. Nostril plugs swell. Then boom! nostril plugs explode with particle effects. Avatar falls over and makes moaning noises. Then after a bit, gets up and does it again

:)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, iamyourneighbour said:

Please add in:
1. Name of your drug

- LoveAffair
2. Method of ingestion (Snorting, drinking, injection whatever you can think of)

- Skin-to-skin Contact 

- Hearts and rose-colored glasses

-Depression when Contact stops 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, iamyourneighbour said:

1. Name of your drug

1. Name: Forum OP

2. Injestion: Random position in region

3. UI: Screen goes red and throbs/pulses angrilly

4. Other Effects: Inject swear words randomly / locked in ALL CAPS / remove the effect of <enter> so everthing becomes one wall of text

• Haha 4

Drugs... uppers, downers... pot, coke, alcohol...

Trying to imitate RL in SL for drugs seems to me to be WAY restricted. I can see you might script control of the avatar via RLV to have motor control and balance issues... vision could be changed... passing out... 

But, most drugs have an effect on the psychological and emotional experience. They don't manifest significantly in the physical realm, other than as mentioned above.

You might pick up some of the post drug experience using a HUD that gave control of the avatar to others after a blackout or becoming incapacitated. Simulating a roofie shouldn't be that hard, degrees of conscious but out of control. Might be popular with the BDSM crowd.

12 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

For some, it might be more effective it were illegal.

Oh, kind of like how fornication seems more fun if it feels “dirty”.

51 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

I was thinking more of how good oatmeal chocolate chip cookies taste when you pinch one from the super secret hiding place your parents have been using for years.

Stolen sweets are all the sweeter.

On 20 September 2018 at 12:29 PM, iamyourneighbour said:

1. Name of your drug

1. Torlucinogen

2. Direct Application to targets skin...

Promo_Template.jpg?1488839483

3. Use of RLV/RLVa to force the sprayed victim to cycle through some of the more extreme Torley designed TOR windlights... The really freaky ones like neon coloured z-buffer stencil vision.

4. Override the victims AO with priority 4 '"drugged silly" stagger and fall over anims...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Klytyna said:

1. Torlucinogen

2. Direct Application to targets skin...

Promo_Template.jpg?1488839483

3. Use of RLV/RLVa to force the sprayed victim to cycle through some of the more extreme Torley designed TOR windlights... The really freaky ones like neon coloured z-buffer stencil vision.

4. Override the victims AO with priority 4 '"drugged silly" stagger and fall over anims...

Thanks I didn't know RLV has wind light control. I have made drugs that causes camera swing and falling over animations I can combine them to create  the Torloucinogen?

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/YN-Cryocaine-25-Recreational-drug-with-mini-fridge-freezer-cocaine-extract-luxury-cyberpunk-drug-3-colors-metal/15759207

Edited by iamyourneighbour

No drug in my mind, but what about a fullscreen effect, attached as a HUD, what generates a caleidoscopic/tunnel effect?

7 minutes ago, Resi Pfeffer said:

No drug in my mind, but what about a fullscreen effect, attached as a HUD, what generates a caleidoscopic/tunnel effect?

Yes, I have seen those.

You know there were a lot of "drugs" in SL a decade ago. Pretty lights, lot of "fuzzy" stuff.

My only suggestion based on a good book I just finished where I learned a lot (Lee Childs  - The Midnight Line) would be :

Pharmasutical Heroin (made in the good old USA and package in pretty "white and friendly we are doing good for you" patches.

Apparently you cut the patches into small strips (quarter inch in book)  and then put them under your tongue or chew them.

Book only said Euphoria and a friend of a friend and former user said "better than the best sex you have ever had" so that's all I've go there LOL.

If I were going to make "the drug" for SL I would have a lot of very short dreamy flashback scenes like an animated gif maybe but full screen and FUZZY so "dreamlike".  I am not sure if we can do that or not since I stay away from scripting as much as possible.  Maybe some fast and sensuous music. 

Edited by Chic Aeon

Hi all, thanks for the input. 

Descriptions of actual drug experiences are helpful as well. 

All the aforementioned are possible and have been done by one of my products before (except the brightness via RLV which I didn't know was possible) The animated dream like state/hallucinating/HUD is also possible script wise. My rohypnol uses pose change scripts. 3D effects are also possible in isometric fashion.

Random selection of animation is also possible. 

So any fictional effects you come up with are fine as well.

Edited by iamyourneighbour
  • Like 2

The other day I had my eyes dilated for a pre-glaucoma check. It reminded me way too much of an LSD flashback without the epiphany, just blurry vision, stress, and a headache. Not that I’d know what an LSD flashback is like.. *innocent look fail*

On 10/17/2018 at 6:03 PM, iamyourneighbour said:

Thanks I didn't know RLV has wind light control. I have made drugs that causes camera swing and falling over animations I can combine them to create  the Torloucinogen?

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/YN-Cryocaine-25-Recreational-drug-with-mini-fridge-freezer-cocaine-extract-luxury-cyberpunk-drug-3-colors-metal/15759207

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LSL_Protocol/RestrainedLoveAPI#Viewer_Control its through the use of setting environment debug settings. its how some of the newer blindfolds work cause colour effect changes on the screen. 

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LSL_Protocol/RestrainedLoveAPI#Camera_and_view in that section you can see how to add other view effects on supported viewers like a fog effect or disabling textures or making avatars into silhouettes.

oh one bit of advice for anyone that doesn't know you can always undo those unless @setenv=n has been used. plus you can also pixelate the screen but that can be undone manually as well unless @setdebug=n has been used by the object for the duration of the effect.

and another bit of advice, the blurring and colour effects won't work if the users turns of all shaders. it requires at least basic shaders to be left on for any of the effects to really work. all they would experience at that point is the camera swaying.

On 9/20/2018 at 1:29 PM, iamyourneighbour said:

Hello all,

I would like to pluck your brain and siphon your ideas. I have been scripting SL drugs with UI overlay effects, but I would like to look into scripting original fictional drug for use in SL than making imitation of IRL drug effects.

Please add in:
1. Name of your drug

Accepted ideas get 1000L ?

Actually, a friend of mine invented a drug in one of his stories:

1. Ultracandy (that's the name *I* would give it)

2. - 4. see excerpt:

And there she found some cookies and candies in a transparent plastic bag in the mini-bar under the TV. She stuffed quite a handful of the candy in her face, and after meeting with her friend in the kitchen, she suddenly felt strange. So strange, that she rather decided to call it a day and say goodbye.

As she was on her way walking home, everything started to feel amplified, louder, brighter, with more contrast, and bigger than normal. To all her senses it felt as if her little TV monitor at home had changed into a really huge 3D Ultra Surround Sound Cinema screen. She didn't realize herself that she was rather stumbling forward, that she loudly admired the simplest things on her way. It was sheer luck that no passers-by were on the streets, otherwise, her unusual behavior would have attracted attention.

[...]

Ivette didn't see her Dad leave the ground and drive away, didn't see her Mom throw her hands up in horror, didn't hear the “Oh my god, Ivette!” of her Mom, didn't feel her hug. She just stood there, caught in a dream world caused by the candies fully kicking in.
The drugs she unknowingly had taken by having the candies made reality meaningless. Weeks went by during which she perceived nothing, during which she wasn't responsive, catatonic, calling both her Mom and her Dad. Weeks, during which her blood was exchanged, during which she was fed through a tube. Weeks during which her Mom and her Dad met in her hospital room and bitched at each other.
She didn't perceive any of it.
In her dream world, nothing of this happened.

(excerpt from: "Mirror Visions", by Bernd Häckel, chapter 18; with friendly permission)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ThorinII said:

Actually, a friend of mine invented a drug in one of his stories:

1. Ultracandy (that's the name *I* would give it)

2. - 4. see excerpt:

(excerpt from: "Mirror Visions", by Bernd Häckel, chapter 18; with friendly permission)

Kind of sounds like a rose coloured glasses syndrome. where the person perceives the world as if there is nothing wrong and everything is enhanced. An altered state of reality and thinking. sort of like in a hypnotic trance but caused by drugs.

• Thanks 1