Hud

incubus1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1997 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

8 answers to this question

There can be several reasons for this.

The most common is that you happen to be on land that has scripts disabled.  Fly up to about 100m or so and see if your HUDs begin working again.  Or teleport to a different area that has scripts enabled.

You may have been wearing the HUDs when you suffered a crash that messed up their scripts.  Try rezzing a replacement by using the original one.  If you no longer have the original, see if the place you got it offers re-delivery.

You might simply have another HUD, or a big transparent prim, attached to your screen that is covering the other HUDs.  Try detaching everything that is on your HUD attachment points, then attach just one HUD and see if it works.

41 minutes ago, incubus1 said:

My huds do not work. I can not control them help me please

That doesn't really give us much to start with.  All we can do without more information is offer broad guesses.  So....

Which HUDs?  What are they supposed to do?  Did they ever work before?  What's "not working" now?  Are they all "not working" or just some?  What have you tried (detaching/reattaching them? restarting the scripts?  Going to a different region?  Making a fresh copy from your backup? Giving a copy to your alt (if it's transferable)? )  How many attachment points do you have things stuck to? 

On 9/19/2018 at 10:10 PM, Rolig Loon said:

That doesn't really give us much to start with.  All we can do without more information is offer broad guesses.  So....

Which HUDs?  What are they supposed to do?  Did they ever work before?  What's "not working" now?  Are they all "not working" or just some?  What have you tried (detaching/reattaching them? restarting the scripts?  Going to a different region?  Making a fresh copy from your backup? Giving a copy to your alt (if it's transferable)? )  How many attachment points do you have things stuck to? 

Aeros hud, Aesthetic hud,kiss and hug hud,spunk lower hud, and spank and more hud and I went to many islands but result did not change

2 hours ago, incubus1 said:

Aeros hud, Aesthetic hud,kiss and hug hud,spunk lower hud, and spank and more hud and I went to many islands but result did not change

That's a start. Now, what "result" did not change? Did the HUDs ever work before?  What's "not working" now? What have you tried (detaching/reattaching them? restarting the scripts?  Making a fresh copy from your backup? Giving a copy to your alt (if it's transferable)? )  How many attachment points do you have things stuck to?

On 9/19/2018 at 9:21 PM, incubus1 said:

What is that ?" The attachment has requested a nonexistent point on the Avatar. It has been attached to the chest instead." When i log on this message coming on my local chat 

4 minutes ago, incubus1 said:

What is that ?" The attachment has requested a nonexistent point on the Avatar. It has been attached to the chest instead." When i log on this message coming on my local chat 

Did you try to attach modern stuff in a non-bento viewer? Those old viewers might lack the knowledge about some attachment points.

On 9/19/2018 at 11:21 AM, incubus1 said:

Our answers are guesses. To get truly pertinent answers you need to give us way more information when you ask a tech question. Are you Windows or Mac? Are you running Linden, Firestorm, Singularity, Cool VL, RLV, Black Dragon, Alchemy, etc.... viewer?

The easy way to provide the information is with the viewer open, logging in is optional, click HELP -> About... and copy paste that information in with your question. 

You have now been chasing an answer since 9/19 and as best I can tell still do not have an answer that is more than a guess. If you are new, you probably don't understand the answers you have. Make it easy on yourself and gives us the information needed to provide a pertinent answer rather than play 20 questions over 3 weeks... :/

• Like 1

Incubus,

The suggestion about using an old viewer that does not support Bento is a good one.  The introduction of Bento added several new attachment points to the avatar.  Check your viewer and update it if necessary.

Or, try this: 

• Stand on a pose stand to make this a bit easier.
  • Find whatever item is sending you this message in your inventory. (Hint:  It will be attached to your chest.)
  • Right click it in your inventory and select Detach.
  • Right click it again and instead of Wear or Add, choose "Attach to"
    • You'll get a long list of possible attachment points.  Click the one that is the closest to where you want the item...right hand, mouth, etc.
  • You will most likely have to right click the item in world and choose Edit to rotate and position it as it should be.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1997 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.