Jump to content
WeylynMingan

Paid for updated Landmarks.

Recommended Posts

I own a full sim where I was running a magazine.  Decided after four years to try something different...  So I paid for Linden Labs to change the sim name as well as move it to a different location.  In doing so the old landmarks which led to the magazine were supposed to not work anymore...  Here I am with my new name change and sim moved but I go to test my old landmarks to the magazine and they are not shut down.  They now lead to the new sim which is a totally different idea than a magazine.  What's up?  If they can't  kill the old landmarks that now lead to my new sim shouldn't I get some refund?  I mean come on I paid a hell of a lot of mullah, I've waited over a week for the basics to be taken care of when I was told it would only take 24 to 48 hours and now after a week all is done EXCEPT what I asked for?   Anyone shed any light on this?

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, WeylynMingan said:

I own a full sim where I was running a magazine.  Decided after four years to try something different...  So I paid for Linden Labs to change the sim name as well as move it to a different location.  In doing so the old landmarks which led to the magazine were supposed to not work anymore...  Here I am with my new name change and sim moved but I go to test my old landmarks to the magazine and they are not shut down.  They now lead to the new sim which is a totally different idea than a magazine.  What's up?  If they can't  kill the old landmarks that now lead to my new sim shouldn't I get some refund?  I mean come on I paid a hell of a lot of mullah, I've waited over a week for the basics to be taken care of when I was told it would only take 24 to 48 hours and now after a week all is done EXCEPT what I asked for?   Anyone shed any light on this?

The servers stay the same, so I guess the LM still works. Landmarks are not your property anymore but got handed out with the magazine to other residents. The Lab cannot remove other residents items for you.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WeylynMingan said:

Here I am with my new name change and sim moved but I go to test my old landmarks to the magazine and they are not shut down.  They now lead to the new sim which is a totally different idea than a magazine. 

That’s great, it worked as designed!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ethan Paslong said:

adjust your expectations?

Now that's a good one....  even though they told me this could be done and charged me for it...  you think I should get a little bit of a refund?  :)  Don't hold my breath, eh...  

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, WeylynMingan said:

Now that's a good one....  even though they told me this could be done and charged me for it...  you think I should get a little bit of a refund?  :)  Don't hold my breath, eh...  

Did you just assume it would change the LMs or did they tell you it would? That would make a big difference.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Fionalein said:

Did you just assume it would change the LMs or did they tell you it would? That would make a big difference.

Somehow I do not think Weylyn understood the answer they got nor how Landmarks in a user's inventory function ....

When a Private Island is moved, only the location portion of the Landmark is updated. Any parcel names/descriptions remain the same as when the Landmark was taken/added to inventory.

This can include Landmarks bundled together with item purchases.

In short: Existing Landmarks are only updated to reflect the new Grid position. Nothing else.

Edited by Solar Legion
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, WeylynMingan said:

In doing so the old landmarks which led to the magazine were supposed to not work anymore

What exactly did LL tell you? Did someone at LL actually tell you that the old LMs won't work? Or did someone say that the old LMs will be fixed, or something like that? If you were definitely told that the old LMs won't work, it may be that the person meant that they won't send people to the old location. If they said something like they will be fixed, you might have understood it to mean they won't take people anywhere, when it meant they'll go to new location. Your only options are to contact LL, or forget it and let it ride out. If you choose to forget it, it would be good to put a sign up at the landing spot, explaining the change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×