Second Life's Alright For Fighting!

wolfshanty

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1536 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

8 hours ago, moirakathleen said:

Just curious, does this really happen at places?  and do sim owners generally 'boot' someone for that? 

I have seen them do that for less, I bet OP just desperatley tries to find a way so it does not happen to him again ;) ...

• Like 4

15 hours ago, wolfshanty said:

Nah, it is cowardly. ? What do you think impresses one's SL g/f more? "Hold on, I'm going to tell the sim owner this person was rude about you and hope he gets booted". Or - give 'em a smack in the gob and have a fight! fight! fight! This option could also save a lot of doomed SL relationships, where the woman realises her Gorean master is actually a tell-tale and dumps him for a furry instead.

I dunno, if people are worried about griefing, LL could make it so if you get knocked out, you get logged out for a few hours on 'hospital break'. That would keep a lid on casual violence IMO.

But to be cowardly, the opposite reaction to simply reporting the offender to the business owner would have to be a brave one. And I'm still trying to see whats brave about using a virtual fighting system. Am I brave for playing a video game that includes player vs. player combat? Or am I, the player, brave for engageing in a roleplay fight? No, I'm not. I'm not risking anything, but sitting comfortable in my chair at home, clicking and pressing buttons (or writing elaborate text, in case of a roleplay).

And don't get me started on how Gor is supposed to be a roleplay and roleplay shouldn't be taken out of its dedicated sim...but thats another story.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fionalein said:

I have seen them do that for less, I bet OP just desperatley tries to find a way so it does not happen to him again ;) ...

The irony is, that, if we had such a system like the OP describes, instead of threads complaining about being booted or banned, we would have threads complaining about the unfair combat system.

• Like 7

On 18 September 2018 at 11:00 PM, wolfshanty said:

What do you think impresses one's SL g/f more?

Having an IQ that is LARGER than your shoe size?

"Hold on, I'm going to tell the sim owner this person was rude about you and hope he gets booted".

If it's the kind of sim where the owner boots people for being rude to other people, what makes you think that your G/F can't IM the sim owner and complain, all by her self, without your help?

This option could also save a lot of doomed SL relationships

Yeah, sure it could... LMAO...

where the woman realises her Gorean master is actually a tell-tale and dumps him for a furry instead.

Are you assuming the "gorean master" will automatically beat the furry or vice versa? Not that it matters much...

If you have taken the rather sensible decision to dump a Gorean, how does said Gorean getting into an ePeener vs ePeener brawl "save" the, for want of a better term "relationship. Bearing in mind you have probably already seen the fight-obsessed knuckle-dragging buffoon fighting other Goreans already, BEFORE choosing to dump his ass...

I dunno

I'd noticed...

if people are worried about griefing, LL could make it so if you get knocked out, you get logged out for a few hours on 'hospital break'. That would keep a lid on casual violence IMO.

So, your response to the fairly obvious point that such a "bar fight" system would be a new weapon for griefers to use against the rest of SL is to suggest...

That Macho-tard EPeener vs EPeener Trash, be allowed to FORCE random strangers out of SL for several hours at a time, just because their PC's give a higher frame rate, thus allowing them to "digital-punch" people before they can mute the Macho-tard.

You actually THINK being able to go to a NON combat social sim and "ePeen" the "old ladies" off SL for several hours as a gratuitous griefer attack would "keep a lid on casual violence" ?

Edited by Klytyna
  • Like 8

On 9/19/2018 at 12:00 AM, wolfshanty said:

This option could also save a lot of doomed SL relationships, where the woman realises her Gorean master is actually a tell-tale and dumps him for a furry instead.

Thanks @Klytyna for highlighting this, I would have missed it. So it is about loosing face and "porperty", not saving relations...

See, @wolfshanty your gor-y slaves look for a master, that is an authority. Your "slave" will stop seeing you as an authority if you cannot prove it and run away, right? That is why you want to beat up folks, right - to prove your authority? See, that is also why even the usually much frowned upon furries are respected more than your kind by the rest of SL. The moment your "slave" realizes that she's usually a goner. Think about it ;)...

Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 2

On 9/18/2018 at 4:00 PM, wolfshanty said:

Nah, it is cowardly. ? What do you think impresses one's SL g/f more? "Hold on, I'm going to tell the sim owner this person was rude about you and hope he gets booted". Or - give 'em a smack in the gob and have a fight! fight! fight!

If my husband / boyfriend, in SL or RL, acted this way, I'd smack him up one side and down the other and then ditch him because his actions showed that he was an immature a-hole.

• Like 6

On 9/18/2018 at 6:00 PM, wolfshanty said:

Or - give 'em a smack in the gob and have a fight! fight! fight! This option could also save a lot of doomed SL relationships, where the woman realises her Gorean master is actually a tell-tale and dumps him for a furry instead.

Quite right, Furries are better lovers!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 1 year later...
On 9/18/2018 at 12:13 AM, Bree Giffen said:

I'm all for as much player interaction as possible. Fighting people. Carrying people. Pushing people down stairs. Grabbing someone by the arm. It's kind of boring just standing around most of the time. If a huge amount of inter-avatar actions could be done without actually turning SL into a festival of grief i think we'd have a much more realistic and interesting virtual world. 

sometimes I fight an urge to push people down stairs....I fight it. I do ... but.. still...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 9/17/2018 at 9:54 PM, Phorumities said:

The demon group  I belonged to used to have what were called snuff events.

Life was enabled and we ran around the sim killing each other with rifles.

No damage or health meters, just one shot one kill. It was quite exciting, especially seeing those tracers coming towards you as ran  for cover.

Occasionally, someone would try flying, big mistake.

We'd tally our kills after an hour or so and have a party afterwards.

That... Actually sounds like it would be loads of fun.

52 minutes ago, Lavaliere said:

That... Actually sounds like it would be loads of fun.

Consensual pvp can be fun not what the op wanted though, his complaint was basically when someone insults my gf all I can respond is "no you" because I dont have any skill with putdowns so I should be allowed to beat them up and knock them off line

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/24/2018 at 2:30 AM, Lindal Kidd said:

Actually, most Gorean slave girls run away after their Master gets done spending money on them for clothes, silks, hair, and jewels.  Or that's what I heard.

Bah. My experience was that not enough of the feckers ran away at all. You couldn't walk from one end of a sim to the other without tripping over at least 12 of them like some sort of rubbish blingy infestation. It didn't help that they were so desperate for something, anything, to do that they'd deliberately plonk themselves down in front of you if you were trying to walk somewhere and start desperately emoting about how skilfully and thoroughly they would please you. (You want to please me? Piss off and let me get to the tavern where another 16 of you can compete over who gets to mess up my drinks order.)

Or they'd sit alone in a sim for hours waiting for someone to come along so they could para RP about pint pulling (I've done that in real life, and it really isn't that exciting). Come to Gor, they said. Sexual escapades and high adventures galore, they said. 

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Bree Giffen said:

Perhaps SL can reintroduce the tradition of dueling. There were many rules to be followed and was done to satisfy one's honor. There should high stakes such as the loser bring banned for a month. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, KanryDrago said:

Consensual pvp can be fun not what the op wanted though, his complaint was basically when someone insults my gf all I can respond is "no you" because I dont have any skill with putdowns so I should be allowed to beat them up and knock them off line

Kids these days just don't learn enough 'Yo Momma' jokes growing up... so we get threads like these...

@OP; Yo momma so lame; she didn't teach you any sass...

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 1

Oh I got properly griefed this morning at the Truth hair store. 

Guy comes running in, pushes me a long way, and when he's gone, I'm running on all fours like a dog.

I reset avi health, and it was gone, and I had a record of the shove,  so reported the incident. That's the first time I've had to do that so I've probably been lucky.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1536 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.