Which Do You Prefer COPY or TRANSFER?

FairreLilette

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2044 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Regarding non full perm items, which do you prefer...COPY or TRANSFER?

1)  Furnishings. 

COPY or TRANSFER?  

With copy you can copy as many chairs as you want for example.  But, with transfer, you could have your own little yard sale when you want to re-decorate or sell your items.

2)  Clothing.

COPY or TRANSFER?

With copy, you can make little outfits with the outfit feature.  With transfer, you can have a yard sale when you are tired of your old clothes.

So which do you prefer?  

Edited by FairreLilette

7 hours ago, Phil Deakins said:

It depends how you define 'greedy'. Nevertheless, I already said that me wanting to make money by selling stuff was probably greedy.

Yes you would, but I don't see what point you are making. In both worlds, furniture sellers sell furniture for profit, and they generally try to make as much profit as they can.

No it's not, and nobody said it was. We all want to save money. Greedy is wanting more for your money than you are offered. It's also taking most of the cakes when others are wanting some too ;) It's not just a desire for wealth and power.

tsk tsk, lets just bake more cakes so everyone can have more.

12 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Was watching Phil grovel.

In your dreams - or, if I'm in them, nightmares lol.

Since there have been a number of posts that quoted me, I'll write a generic one that should cover them all.

There are two sides to my part in the discussion. The first is that I sold, and would still sell, no-copy furniture, and I gave the reasons. I also provided the results of it, which clearly showed that it was very successful. There is nothing to argue about, or find fault with, there. A few people stated why they prefer it a different way. There's nothing to find fault with there either, and I haven't tried to. Each to his/her own, and all that. That should have been the end of that part, but there were some stange thought processes going on "illegal and immoral", for instance.

The other side is, I said that, imo, those who want copyable furniture, with the intention of rezzing multiple copies, are greedy. They want something for nothing. That's my opinion, and that's all there is to it. Some people say that my opinion is wrong, but they are wrong about that - again, imo. I don't see that there's anything to argue about. I knew, and stated, that it would tread on a lot of toes. It did, but that doesn't change anything. I said that I don't exclude myself, and I said why - I am the same. I said that I've been in the landlord boat, and I did exactly the same thing. I'll say now that, if I were buying, I'd do the same. We are all mere humans and most of us want something for nothing if we can get it.

But it trod on some toes. I assume it's because they fit into what I called greedy, and they don't like to be thought of in that way. I expected it. But there's nothing to argue about. I have my opinions, and others have theirs. I.e. we have different opinions about something. So what? Opinions are not known to be proven facts. They are opinions. We all believe our opinions are correct, of course. I certainly believe my opinion in this case is totally correct, and I'm sure that others think the same of theirs. Some people believe that I am wrong, and I definitely believe that they are wrong. So why continue to argue about it? Nothing's gonna change. I'm not going to be persuaded.

Edited by Phil Deakins

image.png.e41cb4c8f54fb40fdb24d92f5a5e86ba.png

On 9/18/2018 at 2:28 AM, FairreLilette said:

Regarding non full perm items, which do you prefer...COPY or TRANSFER?

1)  Furnishings. 

COPY or TRANSFER?  

With copy you can copy as many chairs as you want for example.  But, with transfer, you could have your own little yard sale when you want to re-decorate or sell your items.

2)  Clothing.

COPY or TRANSFER?

With copy, you can make little outfits with the outfit feature.  With transfer, you can have a yard sale when you are tired of your old clothes.

So which do you prefer?  

I thought I'd go out and look, since I've got the impression from here that 'copy' is the only way to succeed.

I went to two business that were comptitors of mine back in the day. I only examined a few samples from each. The most interesting one for me was Prim Possible, which sells some items that are copyable, and others, including sex beds, that are transfer only. The transfer only items did not have accompanying copy versions at a higher price. So I'm not convinced at all that copy is the only way to go. Of course, the majority of people here are buyers, not sellers, so views are bound to be biased in favour of copy, just as my view is biased from a seller's standpoint. It may be that a lot more money can be made by selling copyable furniture these days, but, in the unlikely event of me ever doing it again, I still wouldn't allow landlords to take advanatge and rez dozens of copies for the price of one, two, or three. It would grate too much.

That was just some observations - not arguments.

I wouldn't do it again anyway. I didn't intend doing it the first place, and I didn't particulary want the success. I just sort of accidentally stumbled into it. But that's an old story.

Edited by Phil Deakins

32 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

I went to two business that were comptitors of mine back in the day. I only examined a few samples from each. The most interesting one for me was Prim Possible, which sells some items that are copyable, and others, including sex beds, that are transfer only. The transfer only items did not have accompanying copy versions at a higher price. 

Apparently the market forced them to change that approach -  it's been a while since the days of the ancients... look again ;)

And honestly prefurnished rentals? I guess most folks do not want those, I wouldn't.

Edited by Fionalein

It's only a matter of minutes since I looked, and transfer-only stuff was on sale. Market forces can't have caused any changes since then ;)

5 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

And honestly prefurnished rentals? I guess most folks do not want those, I wouldn't.

Presumably many people do - or did. I imagine there's a market for both. Certainly the word "most" can't come into it, because we don't know. We can only guess.

Edited by Phil Deakins

i love how this talk become a silly ass debate between reasonable people and idiots using logical fallacies of all sorts and making claims on our behalf while shifting the burden like how dare you ? 

we dont want a no copy products because we cant mod it in the risk of losing the original product and the risk of losing money due to SL rez function and mechanics  and the fact that its unfair to charge me for content you can make an infinite amount of times free of charge and effort ...any claim that follows this is silly broken and you need to prove it first, your opinion is not a fact when the facts are stated , eat it  

Edited by vvvRavenvvv

7 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

It's only a matter of minutes since I looked, and transfer-only stuff was on sale. Market forces can't have caused any changes since then ;)

Ahhh, so this is how you "checked" if there are higher price trans versions available instead in the first time too? Not checked at all, that is?

Edited by Fionalein

2 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

Presumably many people do - or did. I imagine there's a market for both.

At the L$50/week end of the rental market there is. Once you are over a few hundred a week people seem to prefer to decorate the provided home if there is one.

There are a few agents in that L$50 space who actually care about their tenants and try to decorate them out nicely. 

2 hours ago, Phil Deakins said:

The other side is, I said that, imo, those who want copyable furniture, with the intention of rezzing multiple copies, are greedy.

If people are selling copiable items and I buy them, that's me paying money for what is offered.  It isn't wanting something for nothing.  If it were, I'd nick it.

Edited by Garnet Psaltery
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

If people are selling copiable items and I buy them, that's me paying money for what is offered.  It isn't wanting something for nothing.  If it were, I'd nick it.

this  phill fella is getting on my nerve , so many logical fallacies and so many claims and talk based on one way thinking in a world that fits only his viewpoint regardless of facts  

you dont have to know what  a person Wants to do with a product they payed to have and use and in a world where freedom is key doing WHATEVER WE WANT WITH A PRODUCT  is none of the creators concern especially when its harmless use with in the legal rules of said world which in this case is SECONDLIFE anything else you want to '' assume '' is yours to do freely without implying that you should in fact know ... who the hell do you even think you are ?

Edited by vvvRavenvvv

34 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

Ahhh, so this is how you "checked" if there are higher price trans versions available instead in the first time too? Not checked at all, that is?

Great scott! I look at an item. I read the signs. If there is no indication that there is a higher-priced copy version, I naturally assume there isn't one. What do you expect? You're just being argumentative for the sake of it.

Edited by Phil Deakins

21 minutes ago, vvvRavenvvv said:

this  phill fella is getting on my nerve

Welcome to the Forums, you will have this happen a lot of times from now if you stay ;) But to his defense: Even if I almost never agree with him he always stays civilized unlike others... so I can live with the risk of him being on the other side of a debate.

Edited by Fionalein
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

Yes it is. But if you want something, and you won't buy it unless you can have multiple copies wherevr you want them, that's wanting something for nothing.

15 minutes ago, vvvRavenvvv said:

this  phill fella is getting on my nerve , so many logical fallacies and so many claims and talk based on one way thinking in a world that fits only his viewpoint regardless of facts  

12 minutes ago, vvvRavenvvv said:

you dont have to know what  a person Wants to do with a product they payed to have and use and in a world where freedom is key doing WHATEVER WE WANT WITH A PRODUCT  is none of the creators concern especially when its harmless use with in the legal rules of said world which in this case is SECONDLIFE anything else you want to '' assume '' is yours to do freely without implying that you should in fact know ... who the hell do you even think you are ?

7 minutes ago, vvvRavenvvv said:

way to go on enforcing a *****ty D**k practice ....

Aren't you the one who said that it's "illegal and immoral" to sell things that are no-copy? :D

And you expect your posts to be given any credence and taken seriously? :D

ETA: You can always opt out, y'know. You do have a choice ;)

And in case you hadn't realised it, you don't have buy anything if you don't want it. There. I hope that helps :)

Edited by Phil Deakins
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

Yes it is. But if you want something, and you won't buy it unless you can have multiple copies wherevr you want them, that's wanting something for nothing.

dude please stop ...
This you are doing has a name for it which is the  fallacy of equivocation ...you are killing me with this broken argument of yours  
you cant compare the two like this it simply does not work because they are not the same and they dont work the same or are valued the same way unless we throw away any sense of fairness

2 minutes ago, vvvRavenvvv said:

dude please stop ...
This you are doing has a name for it which is the  fallacy of equivocation ...you are killing me with this broken argument of yours  
you cant compare the two like this it simply does not work because they are not the same and they dont work the same or are valued the same way unless we throw away any sense of fairness

Streuth. If you don't like it, stop reading it. It's nothing to do with you.

I hope that helps :)

Edited by Phil Deakins

1 minute ago, Phil Deakins said:

Streuth. If you don't like it, stop reading it. It's nothing to do with you.

I hope that helps :)

yet another fallacy... its every thing to do with me as A an SL user my self and B as a content creator and C as a part of this argument , but good luck with that 

16 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

checking "related items" of course, ... but to be fair they didn't link to the copy version - oh those MP merchants 9_9

Ok. I went back to look in case I'd missed something and, for the life of me, I can't see any 'related items' anything. I'm there now (Prim Possible adult store) if you want to come and show me.

And don't concern yourself with the other guy. He's only here to be argumentative for the sake of it. He thinks that selling no-copy is both illegal and immoral lol.

Edited by Phil Deakins

13 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

Aren't you the one who said that it's "illegal and immoral" to sell things that are no-copy? :D

And you expect your posts to be given any credence and taken seriously? :D

ETA: You can always opt out, y'know. You do have a choice ;)

And in case you hadn't realised it, you don't have buy anything if you don't want it. There. I hope that helps :)

i love the big claims and shift of burden of proof while actively creating a straw men out of the things i said 
also me not buying some thing is a choice  but watching a practice in a community i am involved in which is damaging and objectively so based on experience that has been shared and events that actually do happen and facts regarding a system function IS not a choice so you just made a 2nd E-C fallacy , you are Really beyond repairing  

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2044 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.