constant interruption when prim kids are attached

CulliSheerfrost

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2043 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

so i recently bought a large (2 adjacent) parcel in Horizons.  it's an adult sim, and i have prim kids, but would keep them "out of sight' in skyhome while building a museum/gallery on main level.  

Love the sim, loved my plan, but the first time i picked up one of my primkids (Suki) i got a message saying

"Please remove your attachments as you are 'running too many scripts' and slowing the whole sim down.  Remove attachments or stop scripts so that everyone can enjoy second life as much as you do."

catty, eh?  I, btw, own several properties on mainland both general and adult and this has never happened before.  it made itself out to be 'official' (as coming from the sim operator - who is Gov. Linden) but in fact i traced it to a neighbor who owns what can only be called a 'f*ing parlor) in a skybox near my own.  I researched this accusation (slowing down the whole sim) and find it ludicrous that this person has a HIGHLY AND CONSTANTLY animated parcel with all sorts of devices and scripts, yet every time i pick up a prim kid i get  REPEATED harrassing notes, blocking my view and distracting me and basically not allowing ME to enjoy SL like 'everybody else' does.  ONLY on this EXPENSIVE and MAINLAND property.

what to do, friends?  I am thinking they want me to sell this land cheaply just to get the * OUT OF dodge - actually Horizons Triton.  Is there anything i can do to counter the 'script monitor' message?

it's continuous, repetitive, and floods my screen until i detach my kid. 

I am very new and maybe i don't understand something, but i sent this intruder a note (the owner of the 'script monitor' self-appointed lawman) arguing the fact that MY attachments certainly do NOT affect the whole sim and it's never happened anywhere else, and now i am kicked home if I go near their sleazy skybox.  btw - it's always deserted and have yet to actually find an avatar on that property.

IS THERE A WAY that i can ignore, block or mute this script monitor message? 

15 answers to this question

1. Find out if the device is detecting and sending messages across the entire region by going to the farthest corner from the object and holding your kid again.
  2. If it is, AR it and send messages to the other region residents asking them to AR it as well.
  3. If it is only affecting a limited range (i.e., you only get the messages while on your parcel), then AR it, but don't involve the neighbors.
  4. You should submit two ARs, one for harrassment and the other for impersonating a Linden (IF and ONLY IF the messages actually say they are from "Governor Linden"  Merely being written in an officious tone does not qualify).  Reference the first AR in the second one.
  5. Cam in, find the object, and mute it.  Or open the owner's profile and block him.  Either method should stop the object from sending you its messages.
  6. If the neighbor's property is next door to yours, you could also engage in a campaign to get THEM to move.  For example, putting a large and annoying border wall where he can see it.  However, I do not recommend this approach, it gives him a handle to AR you.
  • Like 2

OK this sounds serious, if the message indeed comes from Governer Linden it might go to everyone once a critical level of scripts is reached (easy to check: attach the same prim baby far away from that skybox) then in taht case there is not much you can do. If however your neighbour is claiming to be a Linden there is an easy way to remove it: report him. Be sure to include all reportable abuses then:

1. it is spamming neighbours
  2. it is imposting a Linden

until then you can rightlick the item icon before the messegae and block the sender... (not advisable for the real Govn. Linden though ;) )

And until then you can scream for a Linden on the forums like this: 

@Linden Lab If someone is indeed imposting as the Gov. Linden here this would be a serious offence, can you please investigate?

Edited by Fionalein

20 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

This way LL will see that you made a reasonable attempt to handle it yourself (because of resident-to-resident) by checking the IM logs and since the problem continues, they will (hopefully) fix it by removing the scripted object. If you are a Premium member, then maybe contact support if the problem continues for a couple days after filing the AR.

I see no use in trying to reach an agreement in this case. If the neighbour is imposting they IMHO should be ARed ASAP. See escalating it quickly as a faster road to public savety in this case ;)

Edited by Fionalein

Truthfully, LL doesn't care if you tried or not.  They will only get involved in TOS violations and in those cases, it makes no difference to them whether you tried to handle it or not.  If something is not a TOS violation they will not get involved and again, don't care if you tried resolving it yourself or not.

• Like 1

Thank you all so much.  it does NOT ever actually say it is from Linden Lab but it does use that officious tone and I thought (at first) it was a sim-wide thing from sl.  but it is privately owned and I can go to the device (the script monitor) owned by my neighbor but I am immediately booted and then am sent home to another sim (Bay City)….and have to try again.

I love the idea of trying it from far points in the sim.  will do that next and then, find it as well as I can, but if I cannot mute it I will AR it.

Thanks so much everyone for the kind advice.  I'm getting so used to mean girls and boys here that I've become quite tenuous about reaching out to anyone at all.

I will persist. 

3 hours ago, CulliSheerfrost said:

Thank you all so much.  it does NOT ever actually say it is from Linden Lab but it does use that officious tone and I thought (at first) it was a sim-wide thing from sl.  but it is privately owned and I can go to the device (the script monitor) owned by my neighbor but I am immediately booted and then am sent home to another sim (Bay City)….and have to try again.

I love the idea of trying it from far points in the sim.  will do that next and then, find it as well as I can, but if I cannot mute it I will AR it.

Thanks so much everyone for the kind advice.  I'm getting so used to mean girls and boys here that I've become quite tenuous about reaching out to anyone at all.

I will persist. 

you don't need to be on the same parcel to be able to mute it, if you cam close you can do the same...

as long as I wass able to mute them, i'm fine and don't need to submit a report.

I did contact them directly and sent them a detailed notecard explaining how I was NOT slowing down the sim no matter how many prim kids and attachments I had on....but the 'griefing' (and I too believe that's what it was) TRIPLED as in they put in two more devices programmed to 'spam' me with constant ims from their 'thangs'....but I set up a house right near their skybox and they can no longer im me - or at least i'm not seeing it so all is good.

Thanks everyone for the help.  I want to cause as little trouble as I can - in sl anyway....;-D

?

oh, didn't think of that....and I am hoping to rent a skybox or two in the future.  okay.  I will venture back over there and ar.  We aare same level (3000M) neighbors now.  so.  

10 hours ago, Fionalein said:

Constant IMs are ARable... remember they will annoy all your guests as well who have not blocked the guy yet.

will do.   uh, got there and had the two monitors in my sights and ….

how do you abuse report (or is it report abuse) again???  sorry.

Edited by CulliSheerfrost

41 minutes ago, CulliSheerfrost said:

how do you abuse report (or is it report abuse) again???  sorry.

No problem, we should not be in the need of doing so every day ;) so it's something easy forgotten

rightclick an item or avatar and select "report" from pulldown/pie menu (in pie menu if not there hit "more" until it appears)

look also here:

and here for abuse report category:

https://www.lindenlab.com/legal/community-standards

in disturbing peace:

Community Standards

... Examples of prohibited attempts to disturb the peace include, but are not limited to: 

• Repeated transmission of undesired content

Edited by Fionalein

It actually sounds like some kind of griefing to me based on the way you describe it.

Abuse Report them for harassment. Because it is a mainland sim they do not have the right to use security orbs or other likewise scripted objects (such as the one you describe) that extend beyond the boundaries of their parcel borders.

The first step, to be fair, is to contact them directly. Be polite and as friendly as possible and let them know that their script-counter tool is leaking from their parcel into yours and affecting your home. If you do not get a reply in a couple days (or a rude reply for refusal to fix it) then file the AR. In your AR take a snapshot of your screen showing the error, be sure you are standing in your home. In the description - explain that this is the notice you get while standing in your home and include the date and time of the initial IM you sent.

This way LL will see that you made a reasonable attempt to handle it yourself (because of resident-to-resident) by checking the IM logs and since the problem continues, they will (hopefully) fix it by removing the scripted object. If you are a Premium member, then maybe contact support if the problem continues for a couple days after filing the AR.

These things require a lot of patience on your part. If you become impatient, then (as you say yourself) - sell the land and move on, or change the height of your skybox so it isn;t so close to the scripted object. 

2 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

I see no use in trying to reach an agreement in this case. If the neighbour is imposting they IMHO should be ARed ASAP. See escalating it quickly as a faster road to public savety in this case ;)

The reason is so that you can show LL staff that you have tried. I've been in SL a long time, and even though this isn't the same people (Lindens) - I had found that this method helps with AR case a lot. You make very good points about the AR. BUT, this is a sky-box and only affects one person (the OP) - therefore it should be easy for LL to just write it off and do nothing because it is a resident-to-resident issue.

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2043 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.