problem , i need linden lab help

senseart

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2046 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

i am general manager on fop club , for a week so far we have problem on sim , tipjar not working , paid teleport , lag even no one there , ppl cant change they clothes , swe restart parcel but still same , i need help , i am losing staff & clients , can you help me & send someone from linden lab to check it please 

hope you reply soon 

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Homes/91/32/22

6 answers to this question

7 minutes ago, senseart said:

i am general manager on fop club , for a week so far we have problem on sim , tipjar not working , paid teleport , lag even no one there , ppl cant change they clothes , swe restart parcel but still same , i need help , i am losing staff & clients , can you help me & send someone from linden lab to check it please 

hope you reply soon 

You will likely get a quicker response from LL if you file a support ticket rather than posting on resident forums.  Though some lindens visit the forums sometimes the correct way is to use support.  https://lindenlab.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/31000131009-contact-support

Edited by Cindy Evanier
silly link fail

1 hour ago, senseart said:

hope you reply soon 

i see that's a private sim... if you only rent a small part LL likely won't do a lot, because all they do at that sim will involve also the other renters, you need to be at your landlord.

If you own the sim, you have concierge support, you should been notified about that when you bought it.

Edited by Ethan Paslong

50 minutes ago, Ethan Paslong said:

i see that's a private sim... if you only rent a small part LL likely won't do a lot, because all they do at that sim will involve also the other renters, you need to be at your landlord.

If you own the sim, you have concierge support, you should been notified about that when you bought it.

Even full sims are shared on simulator servers. When I owned sims they were four to a system. The issue is if one of those sim regions that are on the same server machine as your sim region and that other region is full of clubs, scripts, whatever - think of worst-case scenario - that slog that sim down to a crawl, lag-wise then it will affect your sim.

Edit to clarify: The difference between private estate regions and the mainland is the number of regions to a server; mainland is something like 10 to 15 regions per server, private regions are (or were) four to a server system (at the time I owned them anyway). If I recall it was one region per CPU core - mainland was 3 or 4 per CPU core. Hazy now, so specific number may be incorrect, but the method is correct. Homestead and Open Space regions are closer to mainland type scaling. Which is why Homestead sims are not designed to handle heavy traffic. Better and cheaper to just buy an entire mainland sim and get the same performance, but with more prims and avatar count.

@senseart - the real question is: do you own the sim or rent it? If you own it (rent it directly from Linden Lab) then contact concierge immediately to get it fixed (like moving your region to a different system). If you rent it from another resident then consider abandoning it when rent expires and rent a different one.

Edit to add: Yes, Ethan, I'm not surprised your reaction is "confused" - I recommend you go hit the SL Wiki. :)

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Confused 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2046 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.