Avatar Moves Forward when Standing Up

agentronin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2033 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I created an animation where an avatar pushes against a cage's door for an escape attempt. The animation's last part, which plays in an infinite loop, is when the avatar gives up on the escape attempt, and remains on its knees with its hands grasping the cage door bars. This part is in an infinite loop to allow the user to decide when to end the animation's giving up part.

While testing this I discovered that when an avatar stands up from an animation it is moved forward in the direction the avatar is facing. Unfortunately for me this has the undesired effect of moving the avatar through the cage door which ends it up outside the cage.

I have considered including a Stop animation that would move the avatar far enough away from the door. This has a less than fully satisfactory solution because the user could forget to use it, and stand up from the animation instead.

Please suggest solutions that would keep the avatar inside the cage when the user selects stand up in the Pie menu.

If the avatar "jumps" forward (or sideways) when standing it is because of collision with an object. Check that the cage door is thin as possible. Because if the hands are "inside" the prim/mesh during the animation, when standing the avatar will be "pushed" forward "out" of it. This is all I can think of based on your description.

It's worth noting that animations don't actually move an avatar (as in, change it's position).

To me, it sounds like it could also be the animation has the avatar behind it's actual position, so it seems to "move forward" as it snaps back to a standing animation centered at the avatar's actual position.

Or if the avatar is visually clearly being pushed, it probably was inside the collision shape like Alyona said. If the cage has poor collision shapes, you can set it to none and use regular prims instead. 

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2033 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.