Callum Meriman

How does your Sansar avatar look today?

1 hour ago, Chic Aeon said:

OK a  picture in the middle of the night  *mine anyway*.

Coming to you from my new experience.

Why is the ground texture resolution that aweful, while the rest looks quite pleasant?

1 hour ago, Resi Pfeffer said:

Why is the ground texture resolution that aweful, while the rest looks quite pleasant?

The  landform is larger than a sim and the largest texture is 4096. 

That was a good point about the blurry "grass". I am attempting to do some tricky slight of hand to "fix" that.  TAKES FOREVER but we'll see.  

I got NEW HAIR today :D.    

I spent the whole day redoing part of the landform (thanks for the comment about the blurry). It is four times sharper but that is as good as it can get. Hence, no doubt, the preponderance of INSIDE scenes or solid colored platforms.  Lots went on today with quite a few "tricks" used, but the experience is way better than before and it is fine for now.  A Peaceful Place, you can find it under recently published sites. 

And in FASHION news, I bought some new hair. I really like it, but it doesn't play well with most clothes. That auto-rigging adjustment thing ^^. So close to the body garments only.  I did MAKE some hair (with hat) and got it uploaded successfully (not all that easy for some of us) but I didn't like it much so will stick to what I do well. I may try some poses and animations soon.  

50329301_Nov22hair.thumb.jpg.d384c0fb7106d832abe6e6fdd0c19912.jpg

• Like 2

Marvellous Designer is on special until February 2019 (personal edition though, so no selling clothing)

Personal Annual Subscription License $300 >> $190
Personal Perpetual License $490 >> $240

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Callum Meriman said:

Marvellous Designer is on special until February 2019 (personal edition though, so no selling clothing)

And like anyone is going to go by that LOL.  Well some folk might -- the ones NOT using their kids version of Maya *wink*  There is also a sale at STEAM evidently. It is version 7 but might be legal to sell clothes from :D.  

ACTUALLY I just read that page and it says only that it is an INDIVIDUAL license and not for game studios and the like. It doesn't say anything about it not being COMMERCIAL. Other software has similar licenses. 

Edited by Chic Aeon
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Callum Meriman said:

The MD team will occasionally hold workshops in Sansar. We specifically asked them if it was prohibited to use a personal license and sell garments in Sansar. The answer was that it's fine to use a personal license and also sell garments in Sansar. They said that if you are in the real world fashion industry and using it then it needs to be a commercial license. 

• Thanks 1

On ‎11‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 8:20 PM, Chic Aeon said:

I spent the whole day redoing part of the landform (thanks for the comment about the blurry). It is four times sharper but that is as good as it can get. Hence, no doubt, the preponderance of INSIDE scenes or solid colored platforms.  Lots went on today with quite a few "tricks" used, but the experience is way better than before and it is fine for now.  A Peaceful Place, you can find it under recently published sites. 

And in FASHION news, I bought some new hair. I really like it, but it doesn't play well with most clothes. That auto-rigging adjustment thing ^^. So close to the body garments only.  I did MAKE some hair (with hat) and got it uploaded successfully (not all that easy for some of us) but I didn't like it much so will stick to what I do well. I may try some poses and animations soon.  

What's this "Sansar avatars are ugly" complaint? You look lovely here...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Luna Bliss said:

What's this "Sansar avatars are ugly" complaint? You look lovely here...

Thanks but that is good lighting  and NOT being able to see my face. The body is pretty OK with me. hands and feet are both too big but --

Really, a better skin would go miles toward improvement. I look at the "gray" avatar in Blender and the mesh is pretty nice LOL.   

The new hair is flattering too. We do what we can do *wink*.

But EVENTUALLY we will get the default avatars and hopefully start looking better -- and DIFFERENT from one another. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

We do what we can do *wink*.

Are there non-human avatars there yet @ the store...like trees or butterflies? Or can they be created?  Someone entered an Experience that didn't have the typical face, so he must have created that?  I was scared I'd run into one of those scary looking faces that display no emotion whatsoever when I was in VR, as some of them look like that murderer in Fargo, the guy who stuffs people into the woodchipper...lol   It's very realistic and  intense in VR!

34 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Are there non-human avatars there yet @ the store...like trees or butterflies? Or can they be created?  Someone entered an Experience that didn't have the typical face, so he must have created that?  I was scared I'd run into one of those scary looking faces that display no emotion whatsoever when I was in VR, as some of them look like that murderer in Fargo, the guy who stuffs people into the woodchipper...lol   It's very realistic and  intense in VR!

Yes, lots of non-human avatars, some very impressive, some lots of fun and many free.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My project for the day was making some belts which turned out very nicely and since I couldn't manage to make a great (auto-rigged) belt with Marvelous Designer, this will work even better. 

It dances well. 

While I was testing the belt however, I noted that there was a lot of "break through" when dancing with the jumpsuit. A couple of other clothes designers had mentioned this but since I don't dance much "I" hadn't noticed ^^.  One old time designer said that the auto-rigging used to work better.  This isn't the direction that we want things to go methinks. 

I am hoping that the FINAL avatars will either have auto hid built in or that the avatars will have a method to alpha out body areas.  That or actually make the auto-rigging work REALLY well (which it currently doesn't). 

862684725_BlackBeltStore4.thumb.png.9be2db6c5d678fbecf91d9b7c653eb6f.png

I made both black and brown versions. 

1954562770_BeltBrownStore.png.b555bce6eb1663969e497f57c1c2fb58.png

• Like 3

On 11/22/2018 at 1:49 AM, Callum Meriman said:

It's not an excellent point.

90% of the SL MP for attachments isn't fitted and can be worn by anyone, no matter what gender or size - even what species. Want to wear some female jewellry in SL (as I have for about 5 years) edit it into place. Want to wear a hat made for females, just put it on.

And - keeping to the topic of attachments - ears, wings, and tails all carry the close to the same rigging in SL - male and female. For those that need a little adjustment like tiny wings, a deform does the trick.

Yes I hear you, and im not arguing with that, its simply that you cannot move and edit them yet in Sansar, thats the only difference.   I never buy mesh thats not fitted for my various mesh bodies here in SL, but accessories normally are not much an issue because you can adjust them.

On 11/22/2018 at 9:20 PM, Chic Aeon said:

How about make it a tileable texture, or even several of them for the shader, I thought at least one of the shader types allow that and with blending between them too, right?  Then you could also add over a detail layer and/or decals to diversify it even further.  I have to test this very soon, ive been so swamped with work and holidays ive not been able to bring in builds yet.

Edited by Macrocosm Draegonne

Pretty hard to detail a 300 meter piece of mesh :D.   Tiling textures pretty much look tiling and cookie cutter.  If you figure out a great way to do it I would be happy to come check your build.  Would love to see it.