Callum Meriman

How does your Sansar avatar look today?

Actually got into MD and made three little Halloween themed outfits. A very loose fitting dress with scarf and legwarmers to keep you cozy on those "cold" autumn nights.

skelly2018.png.5835baa161dcd6b883b7d7ec2b6bff12.png

I think I might be getting the itch to start "sewing" again. Something about fall and cooler temps make me want to sew.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Blush Bravin said:

I think I might be getting the itch to start "sewing" again. Something about fall and cooler temps make me want to sew.

Suggestion: Ugly Christmas sweater!

• Like 1

So this was my project for the day which I learned a lot on. BUT of course there is a but, the uploader autorig seems less than friendly with some things that should be fine being not so much. An oldtimer confirmed that it was much better "before". I am not sure what "before" means since I am new LOL, but I will confirm that some of my first made pants that USED to cover our mandatory panties no longer do, so something is up there.   The corset on this where I learned buttons and buttonsholes (a good skill) had a very bad crease in the back which is NOT there in MD (sigh) so it may get a belt or a cumberbun or whatever. 

This is NOT something "in my style" but was a learning thing and I did learn. So that works.

A big new update today but most of it was VR improvements and I am a desktop gal. Still we can NOW "take copies" of items rezzed in world which is very helpful for Home and Garden stuff. We can't LINK them yet but maybe someday. Also new is the ability to let others buy and use  items and resell them with the creator getting "royalties". I put up one item to test the system. Not sure that is my thing though. We had that feature in Cloud Party.

So here is my WIP dress of the day.  I am definitely looking forward to the next avatar update LOL. We still have teeth bigger than our mouths. 

Earrings are new and came in fine except much darker than planned so some adjustment needed there.  Will be interesting to see what this turns into when it grows up LOL.   

20579419_peasantdress.thumb.jpg.d468b7b869c7e68e16eeaa68b27e29ea.jpg

Played around a bit more and this looks like it "might" work better LOL. We will see when I test tomorrow.  Ah the trials of the seamstress.

This sort of seems like a '60s dress.

1639269127_modernpeasant.thumb.png.17e5968b6bb406d07e8f78ab53d5bf0b.png

Yep better -- stylewise and usability wise methinks. 

Edited by Chic Aeon
  • Like 3

On 10/8/2018 at 2:08 PM, Love Zhaoying said:

Suggestion: Ugly Christmas sweater!

Your suggestion got me interesting in making a new sweater. Here it is. I"m at Serenity, one of my home experiences https://atlas.sansar.com/experiences/debibaskerville/serenity. I really like how it turned out. It might very well turn up with some ugly Christmas graphics on the front after Thanksgiving.

sweater.thumb.jpg.d5c63af0e20a0aced0b8c5e9c53d89b2.jpg

I'm not sure if I like the black or white better.

877274593_creamfrtvendor.png.654169817d24f7b743904b90b2a5b3d4.png

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

Your suggestion got me interesting in making a new sweater. Here it is. I"m at Serenity, one of my home experiences https://atlas.sansar.com/experiences/debibaskerville/serenity. I really like how it turned out. It might very well turn up with some ugly Christmas graphics on the front after Thanksgiving.

sweater.thumb.jpg.d5c63af0e20a0aced0b8c5e9c53d89b2.jpg

I'm not sure if I like the black or white better.

877274593_creamfrtvendor.png.654169817d24f7b743904b90b2a5b3d4.png

Beautiful job!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Callum Meriman said:

Looks like beautiful nature. It's a great picture Chic.

Thanks. It is NOT easy for me, the picture taking in Sansar. Assume it is easier with VR gear LOL.  This was an experience from Skye which is lovely. The framerate isn't great  (85 for me which is normally 100) but loads fast and is definitely peaceful. Sure I will visit again.     

• Like 2

On 9/16/2018 at 11:37 AM, Phorumities said:

No offence, but are those avatars they are offering supposed to make us want to join sansar?

+1 I uninstalled and walked away and washed hands of sansar and never took any pictures as nothing sansar related was noteworthy

• Like 1

First off great shots! But... Its unfair the female at least looks healthy & can even be pretty! ? lmao... that default male looks rode hard and put away wet, like a deranged dock worker, that lives in his creepy white van, and smokes crack... with those giant deformed hands, and bizarre alien grasshopper ass... ?

I would imagine LL/creators are not greatly concerned about the "look" of the avatar, so much as the Bones, and what we can do with them, the base male avatar is hideous! lmao....  but them bones tho! Give me them bones!  Can we decide what the sliders mean/do on our custom avatars?  Add our own custom sliders?

In a vs-vs Avatar battle SL absolutely slams Sansar's head to little itty bitty bits, swallows it, and craps it out back down its throat, all whilst cackling gleefully... and licking its lips with mocap precision!  ?

My avatars.
Sansar left / SL right

29537677047_f965fd80a5_o.thumb.png.2b5615f855c3d8ed76b892576e1ce84b.png

Edited by Macrocosm Draegonne

Agreed the avatars really need work :D. They ARE better than several other platforms I have been on though LOL.  And yes, those of us building are mostly BUILDING so not "as" big a deal.   More sliders in listed as being in a not too distant future update. I actually thought they would be in this last one but that didn't happen.  Even face sliders would be good. SKINS would be lovely!  

There ARE by the way some folks that want to look OLDER and FRUMPIER in Sansar === so it just depends what you want :D. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

Agreed the avatars really need work :D. They ARE better than several other platforms I have been on though LOL.  And yes, those of us building are mostly BUILDING so not "as" big a deal.   More sliders in listed as being in a not too distant future update. I actually thought they would be in this last one but that didn't happen.  Even face sliders would be good. SKINS would be lovely!  

There ARE by the way some folks that want to look OLDER and FRUMPIER in Sansar === so it just depends what you want :D. 

Yes, hehe, I do have tons of looks too, not all human either, I never stick with one for too long since I have so much fun putting them together heheh, thats one of my favorite things.  Just guessing, but the bones/joints we will have use of are exciting, maybe the default mesh isnt too great, but you're right, its not the worst.  Especially if there are a good bunch of free and paid avatars to get, and most especially if LL will let us set the parameters of the sliders for our custom avatars, or even to add additional custom sliders perhaps?

Im excited to see how it all develops, its really made great progress over the last year since i last visited.

Edit: I can see custom avatars are allowed already, ive got a mushroom avi now :)  , but he's got no sliders, is that not allowed yet, or just not used often for custom avi's?

There we go, thats a whole lot more attractive!  And my experience is visually improved from when I built it last year too.  Must have enhanced the shaders and whatnot.

I like my avatars to be intriguing, or sexy, or entertaining, etcetera; but never do I want a deranged dock worker with grimy sausage fingers on a crack break lol... maybe for NPC's.... yes, but nope for what I've got to look at all the time.

Edit: I just cant get over the amazing performance!  its pretty much always at 100fps which ive capped it at. im thinking VR will work fine on this GTX980ti Hybrid liquid cooled. They both perform so well I can run SL and Sansar at the same time on two screens, plus im running about 10 files in photoshop, and three separate blender instances, and about 40 webpages in firefox, and several other apps running too... lmao

Sansar-11_12_2018-3_45_54-PM.thumb.jpg.a1f0458c28f37c591ef9b9132f96a62d.jpg

• Like 2

Ok so ive had an absolute blast with Sansar today,  and.. the api, scripting... textures! Wow!  Its fantastic!  I can haz many Steamers to flip it back backward and reverse it all up over them? lmao! 

Its going to be crazy what we can do over there, in its own way it will be a great game im sure of it.  Its not an SL replacement, nothing can do that, and SL will continue to evolve probably even far beyond Sansar, but its already got a lot of promise and is fun to create for! 

Edit:
The SIM's are huge 4km2? and we have 20??  For real??
....is it Winter Solstice already?  Is LL the fairy godmother we all wished for, or what? How is anyone upset?  My mind is reeling right now with creations to let out I hadnt considered because SL size, last I remembered Sansar was smaller SIM's than SL.  This Winter is going to be insane, and I want my SL builds too lmao, it's a good thing Winter is perfect for such work out here on the mountainside. 

I've already got a 33% done Biltmore Estate i meshed, its epic, the grounds are massive but I can get some in, the main house is 175,000 square feet (four acres) with 33 bedrooms, 65 fireplaces and 43 bathrooms. ahahahaa!  I will have to take massive design liberties to optimize of course, plus mine will be more mystical to further play up the Roman Pantheon designs all over the estate.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Macrocosm Draegonne said:

Edit:

The SIM's are huge 4km2? and we have 20??  For real??

What I have read is that the maximum area size for Sansar experience is 4096 m x 4096 m. And it goes also up 4096 m.
So the max area is 4096 m x 4096 m = 4.096 km x 4.096 km = 16.777216 km²

How this compares with Second Life region size?
SL region is 256 m x 256 m
How many SL regions maximum Sansar experience size is?
Sansar exprience side length / SL region side length = 4096 m / 256 m = 16
So, the maximum Sansar experience size is 16 x 16 = 256 SL regions.

And we can have amazing number of 20 experiences. So in Sansar we can have equivalent of 20 x 256 = 5120 SL regions to play with! :o For free.

:ph34r: (Now, I wonder what would the loading time for 4096 m x 4096 m densely built Sansar experience be?)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Coby Foden said:

What I have read is that the maximum area size for Sansar experience is 4096 m x 4096 m. And it goes also up 4096 m.
So the max area is 4096 m x 4096 m = 4.096 km x 4.096 km = 16.777216 km²

How this compares with Second Life region size?
SL region is 256 m x 256 m
How many SL regions maximum Sansar experience size is?
Sansar exprience side length / SL region side length = 4096 m / 256 m = 16
So, the maximum Sansar experience size is 16 x 16 = 256 SL regions.

And we can have amazing number of 20 experiences. So in Sansar we can have equivalent of 20 x 256 = 5120 SL regions to play with! :o For free.

:ph34r: (Now, I wonder what would the loading time for 4096 m x 4096 m densely built Sansar experience be?)

Wow!  This is actually quite astounding & impressive, I love Moonshots!

The loading time would really depend on quite a lot of things, optimization is a super high priority of course, and that increases exponentially with size, but LOD and smart design should keep performance good.   At least we can stream in larger textures (although thats only on first load in), and we can stream in other data as well I see.  No matter what, its all about optimization, thats one of the fun parts of the challenge for me really!  I can barely describe how exciting this is!  Mind = Blown! 

• Like 1

The largest scene that I have worked on is a bit over a sim size (300 ish by 300 ish).  Scurry Waters is -- if I remember correctly -- is four sim size.   

Unless you want endless desert or water giant areas aren't very practical as putting in all that content would be beyond time consuming (or if you purchased, very expensive).  Many experiences are small with the default template being a quarter of a sim more or less.   It is also important to note the Sansar avatars are SMALLER than SL Avatars with things like furniture needing to be downsized to 75% of SL sizing.  

image.thumb.png.ea8dfd54b058923a83930ed513be0f17.png

• Like 2

Well as far as size, sometimes i'd want strong separation space between scenes, with TP's or rides to the zones, sometimes those would not be walkable between them at all, im thinking this mostly for ones that need multi-scenes, and loading another experience would be overkill.  Then there is our distance art and world edge effect, those will eat up some space too of course.  Given all that, one SIM could have several smaller scenes in it, or be a grouping of levels to get through, etc. 

There will be some I make that have no SIM at all, its a giant 4km2 obelisk of blackness, within being sub-zones sectioned off with their own lighting and limited walkable spaces, and tightly controlled distance views, for mini multilevel games.   I think of it like Kubrics Black Shard! ?

Is there a way to preserve experience cache? So jumping to a tertiary experience loads faster?  Just like when returning to a SIM, or are all assets per-sim?

Edit: After reading that article shared here about the one texture scene Im inspired that optimization can do quite a lot, not that im going to that extreme, but a good set of textures & modular mesh components can go a very long way.  Especially if scenes are smallish zones encased in visuals to immerse them in only that space.  I have loads of things ive made already, so content is not a worry for me, plus im fast at making things.

I have NOT bonded with the new desktop walking interface. Once in awhile though (not often) I get close enough to myself without going THROUGH myself (sigh) so standing in my almost completely furnished house I took this snapshot. SO GLAD to have that mouth fix. We don't look great, us gals, but we look WAY better than the teeth through the skin bit :D. 

701401138_nov14.thumb.png.f63d4a42c27bce7f621b2d82d92e1ba5.png

• Like 1

The very first item I made for my avatar was this:

bag.jpg.c3cfa8de2d7630e529b2a427ee2f0b45.jpg

It was a visual comment about the appearance of the avatars. Later in an attempt to be more fashionable I made this:

veil.thumb.jpg.424ed29a4aa9d74fda38e2358db5df4b.jpg

I am still waiting on sliders that really make a difference in the facial features. It's been over a year of waiting. There's been a lot of talk about the feature coming and yet it keeps getting pushed to the back burner. At this point no matter what you do with the sliders for the face we still all look like we have the same mother and father over in Sansar. So I continue to wait.

One very nice improvement I noticed this morning however, is that you can now zoom your camera in and out and it will stick in that position as you walk, which IMO is a huge improvement.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

I have NOT bonded with the new desktop walking interface. Once in awhile though (not often) I get close enough to myself without going THROUGH myself (sigh) so standing in my almost completely furnished house I took this snapshot. SO GLAD to have that mouth fix. We don't look great, us gals, but we look WAY better than the teeth through the skin bit :D.

Did you try with an xbox controller?  Its nice!  I did notice how the cam wouldn't allow too close a zoom, unless you hit F4 and go into freecam mode, then its much more free.  The other thing really needed is camera smoothing, id like to set that high when im shooting videos, or better yet have all sorts of scripting means to control the camera too!  Is Sansar also in the amazing awesome sauce Jira system in a copy of its own?

Edit:  Just wanted to say I am on cloud 9 about Sansar!  OMFG! ❤️  I've got a premium account over there now too. :D

1 hour ago, Macrocosm Draegonne said:

Did you try with an xbox controller?  Its nice!  I did notice how the cam wouldn't allow too close a zoom, unless you hit F4 and go into freecam mode, then its much more free.  The other thing really needed is camera smoothing, id like to set that high when im shooting videos, or better yet have all sorts of scripting means to control the camera too!  Is Sansar also in the amazing awesome sauce Jira system in a copy of its own?

Edit:  Just wanted to say I am on cloud 9 about Sansar!  OMFG! ❤️  I've got a premium account over there now too. :D

No controller. I just play PC games.  It WAS much better before this latest update -- at least for the desktop folks.   Presumably our loss is the gain of the VR folks :D. 

• Thanks 1

I tried running this morning when I logged into Sansar and couldn't! Did they switch running to something other than double tapping W?