Callum Meriman

How does your Sansar avatar look today?

Our avatars define us, they reflect our dreams, desires, and our æsthetics. Our avatars tell a story and impart feelings into other people without the need for  words. With an avatar that makes someone feel good inside a person can be better compelled to explore and maybe fall in love with the game. Conversely, if the avatar is fat and frumpy the desire to stay is lessened substantially.

Although many will say it's shallow there is no doubt that our avatars are one of the many things that give others a first impression, and they can make us feel confident and joyous, or like that ugly kid back in grade school, the one who was terribly bullied for frumpy looks.

Let's share pictures, and maybe please a "how I did it" of our Sansar avatars.

921001ce001daa5bd155449558ce8b73.gif.b6372a01ae1e65b538199d8cb6c77297.gif

If you go over and make an avatar and really study the shape and details (elbows, ankles, shoulders, etc) the model is really quite good. The problem, and it's a HUGE one, is that it's nearly impossible to customize the avatar with the exception of clothing or using a totally custom avatar. This is because they have yet to give us a way to change the shape of the body, and what is available for the facial features is so little that no matter what you do you still end up looking like everyone else. This could be alleviated with the introduction of custom skins, but there is no word on when that's coming.

I've taken a long break from Sansar, but once they get the mechanism in place that will let us really change facial features and body shape, I will be back. I do think the avatar has great possibilities.

• Like 1

Forgot to add pics of my avie ... 

783668356_sansar1.thumb.jpg.7bf22cd93961cdd8f72d9525f3701314.jpg

I personally think my avie is too skinny. I would shorten the legs a bit add some flesh to the thighs and widen the hips a bit.

sansar2.thumb.jpg.996ca8fa2c9767fbbba4c1fc9a3f5d9f.jpg

I've made make-up for my avie and blue eyes to cover the dull brown ones. All items worn except for the hair, fishnet stockings (I'm wearing black socks over the stockings), and boots were made by me.

Edited by Blush Bravin
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Blush! If I look at my terrible attempt, then yours it's clear who did a better job.

Personally it's just way too hard for me to get into Sansar with an avatar that looks like someone who's seen the better side of 40. Hopefully seeing the avatars of the very skilled (Sansar concurrency is 15, so there should be 15 of you, come on gals and guys) and especially how they grew on from the seriously old and chubby options the Lab want us to wear can only help grow that world.

• Like 1

Being an granny in RL, I'm happy that the avatars in Sansar have an older appearance. I'm constantly trying to age my avatar in SL, but it's nearly impossible without looking like I'm 80 with gray hair. Mid thirties is ideal for me. Love being young again. :)

I don't think you're going to get much response here as those who are active in Sansar aren't necessarily active in the SL forums.

On 9/16/2018 at 12:17 PM, Blush Bravin said:

If you go over and make an avatar and really study the shape and details (elbows, ankles, shoulders, etc) the model is really quite good. The problem, and it's a HUGE one, is that it's nearly impossible to customize the avatar with the exception of clothing or using a totally custom avatar. This is because they have yet to give us a way to change the shape of the body, and what is available for the facial features is so little that no matter what you do you still end up looking like everyone else. This could be alleviated with the introduction of custom skins, but there is no word on when that's coming.

I've taken a long break from Sansar, but once they get the mechanism in place that will let us really change facial features and body shape, I will be back. I do think the avatar has great possibilities.

i hope they never do that becuz  females will go crazy elongating there avatars to non human  standards an makin tiny waists with huge rumps n fat legs that ***** n lets face it in rl they dont look that way no 1 does 

21 minutes ago, Quinn Lysette said:

i hope they never do that becuz  females will go crazy elongating there avatars to non human  standards an makin tiny waists with huge rumps n fat legs that ***** n lets face it in rl they dont look that way no 1 does 

I decided there was really no good reason to respond to this, so I deleted my post.

Edited by Blush Bravin
  • Like 2

On ‎9‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 8:11 PM, Callum Meriman said:

Let's share pictures, and maybe please a "how I did it" of our Sansar avatars.

921001ce001daa5bd155449558ce8b73.gif.b6372a01ae1e65b538199d8cb6c77297.gif

lol Callum I think he's been meditating far too long and gone totally 'out of body'.

Yank him up to do some yoga asana poses, get more grounded.