Let us remove the firestorm experience...

InkScape

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2037 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Whilst I understand that the risk of the firestorm team abusing their experience is very very low, I would still like to be able to remove the experience from my experiences list. I really do feel some kind of way about having it forced upon me forever more when you have a 150% chance that I will never ever go near their starting area again. I think we should at least be able to remove it and retain control of what experiences we allow to have our avatar permissions instead of it being "enabled for all residents". I can't think of one person out of the 100s I have known and met on SL in the last decade that do anything Firestorm bar use their viewer....and even then I have switched over to Alchemy for the most part as its faster and more system friendly.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, InkScape said:

I can't think of one person out of the 100s I have known and met on SL in the last decade

joined here half an hour ago

inworld one month...

decade?

at least have the decency to enter the tournament with open helmet and don't hide behind a new account.

Your statement

31 minutes ago, InkScape said:

switched over to Alchemy for the most part as its faster and more system friendly.

is totally based on your side, your machine and your connection. It says nothing about Firestorm but about the lack of power on your side.

Come with something substantial and you'll get a real discussion, about system specs and viewers is enough to find on the forums.

And

33 minutes ago, InkScape said:

Whilst I understand that the risk of the firestorm team abusing their experience is very very low, I would still like to be able to remove the experience from my experiences list.

why do you want it removed while you don't even use it?
Don't you think, the creator of the viewer adds some things that are specific for their work?.. Don't like it? Don't use it.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I brought the issue up long ago with Linden experiences that won't let you forget or block them. The official response was, "These experiences are special and enabled for all residents. In the event of a bug or exploit with these experiences, we can disable the experience until the issue is addressed."

At least the Firestorm experience is land scope limited and able to be added on a parcel/region's blocked experience lists IF it ever was compromised.

There are many Linden grid scope experiences though that cannot be added to a land's blocked experience list.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Are you talking about The Bridge?

You can detach it.

The Firestorm LSL Bridge

The Firestorm client bridge is a scripted object that serves to enhance the user experience in ways that a viewer could not do otherwise.

If you are logging in with Firestorm for the first time, the bridge will be created automatically, and placed in a special folder in your inventory, called #Firestorm. The bridge will be named something like #Firestorm LSL Bridge v2.21 (the last numbers are the current version).

You do not need to log in to a parcel where you have build rights, in order for the bridge to be created. However, the parcel must be script enabled for you or the bridge script will not be able to initialize.

If for any reason you need or wish to detach the bridge, you may do so; it will not reattach automatically. To get it back on, you may rewear it, or, using the top menu bar, go to Avatar → Avatar Health → Recreate LSL Bridge. This will “clean up” any old bridges and make a new one.

Note: The bridge will not detach when using wear or Replace Outfit.

The bridge uses HTTP to communicate, which is inherently more secure than listens.

The bridge is created using an object from the SL standard library, which is part of your default inventory. For this reason, hiding the library is disabled.

Functions

Currently, the Firestorm bridge supports the following functions:

• Flight Assist: The Firestorm bridge has a built-in flight assist. This may be enabled in Preferences → Firestorm → Extras → Enable Bridge Flight Assist. Note that if you enable this, you should not wear any scripted flight assist; using both will cause them to conflict, with undesired results.
  • Script Count: If you right click you avatar, or any object, and select “Script Info” from the context menu, Firestorm will output a line of information similar to this:
    [17:16] Script info: '[avatar name]': [22/22] running scripts. 1408Kb consumed for 0.015702ms of cpu time.
    This indicates how many scripts the object contains, how much memory they are using, and the script time.
  • Radar: Radar functions are assisted by the bridge, particularly when people are beyond your draw distance. Enable in Preferences → Chat -> Radar → Enhance radar with LSL-client bridge.
  • Movelock: This function (in top menu, Avatar → Movement → Movelock) requires the bridge for it to function.
  • Additional Movelock functions: Firestorm -> Move & View -> Movement Always re-lock position after region change, and Lock and unlock position after stopping or starting movement.

Other features are planned, but not yet implemented.

For known issues with the Firestorm bridge, and how to deal with them, please refer to this page.

• Like 1

I think it might be this, not the bridge?

9fef7d104eb3d279819af9774da9afa9.png.df76e4eb224f77cb2ca1ae7f7735a65e.png

At this time I dont see the problem.

5 hours ago, InkScape said:

Whilst I understand that the risk of the firestorm team abusing their experience is very very low

It's zero. Absolutely Zero.

Jessica needs to write the script to utilise it. Nobody else in the firestorm team can create a script that uses it. Only Jessica, simple as that.

It's a G rated experience, so it must abide by the G rated content rules no matter where it is. If she codes something devious into the script she will be banned from SL. 

Paranoia?

Edited by Callum Meriman
The strike out is incorrect, yay for awesome group maintained experiences
  • Like 5

This is kinda the whole point of experiences. If someone has a experience, it is owned/operated by someone who knows what they are doing and is trusted by Linden Lab not to abuse this blessing, or shall fire rain down by a thousand angry fire breathing hippos upon their house.

This experience was granted as to help new residents in Firestorm Orientation, which helping residents and giving them a good first experience is all worth while as it helps to try and get them to stay and be part of the Second Life community.

Edited by Chaser Zaks
i am good read at text
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, InkScape said:

Whilst I understand that the risk of the firestorm team abusing their experience is very very low, I would still like to be able to remove the experience from my experiences list. I really do feel some kind of way about having it forced upon me forever more when you have a 150% chance that I will never ever go near their starting area again. I think we should at least be able to remove it and retain control of what experiences we allow to have our avatar permissions instead of it being "enabled for all residents". I can't think of one person out of the 100s I have known and met on SL in the last decade that do anything Firestorm bar use their viewer....and even then I have switched over to Alchemy for the most part as its faster and more system friendly.

Given it's a Land Scope Experience, perhaps request that you be banned from the Firestorm Gateway. Risk averted! 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Are you talking about The Bridge?

No the experience.

1 hour ago, Callum Meriman said:

I think it might be this, not the bridge?

9fef7d104eb3d279819af9774da9afa9.png.df76e4eb224f77cb2ca1ae7f7735a65e.png

At this time I dont see the problem.

It's zero. Absolutely Zero.

I appreciate that but I would still like to be able to remove it if I so did wish.

59 minutes ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

The sock-puppet account with an agenda is talking about this

Sock puppet?. This is a alt I created to develop some products on. Try again.

39 minutes ago, Callum Meriman said:

But if you ban the noob how will they ever have a nice starting experience!

Im sure I said that I had been in SL longer

3 hours ago, Ethan Paslong said:

joined here half an hour ago

inworld one month...

decade?

at least have the decency to enter the tournament with open helmet and don't hide behind a new account.

Your statement

is totally based on your side, your machine and your connection. It says nothing about Firestorm but about the lack of power on your side.

Come with something substantial and you'll get a real discussion, about system specs and viewers is enough to find on the forums.

And

why do you want it removed while you don't even use it?
Don't you think, the creator of the viewer adds some things that are specific for their work?.. Don't like it? Don't use it.

So I'm on a new alt, talk about desperately trying to find SOMETHING to complain about. Grow up. As for the viewer comment, its based on experience....on both my gaming rig and my MacBook, Alchemy performs faster looks better. Its a simple fact. And not just me, a few of my friends are using it and reporting the same thing. What I would like to know is why are you so angry?. Surely my original post hasn't rattled your cage THAT much. Perhaps time to evaluate your life choices.

You all get so upset over so little. My post was simply stating that I would like to be able to remove the experience. I am more than well aware that there is zero chance of it being abused. I just don't like the fact that its forced upon you to the point of being irremovable when the chance of the average person ever being near that experience again is 0. I see no harm in stating this. You all need some chill in your lives.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Just now, InkScape said:

My post was simply stating that I would like to be able to remove the experience. I am more than well aware that there is zero chance of it being abused. I just don't like the fact that its forced upon you to the point of being irremovable when the chance of the average person ever being near that experience again is 0. 

The Lab added the experience, they are the only ones who can remove it. So, the forums are not the place to ask, Lindens rarely come here, just residents.

Search jira and see if there is a ticket there, if not create one.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Callum Meriman said:

The Lab added the experience, they are the only ones who can remove it. So, the forums are not the place to ask, Lindens rarely come here, just residents.

Search jira and see if there is a ticket there, if not create one.

Nope. The Lindens are here really quite often. As of late I have been noticing them here and responding to threads way more often than they usually do. But they do very much so read these forums.

• Haha 1

So, anyway, there is nothing the Firestorm team can do to allow you to remove the Firestorm experience.
Only a Linden can do this for you.  I'm not sure it's even possible without breaking the experience.

But you could file a support ticket & request that LL remove it from your experience list (if possible): https://lindenlab.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/31000131009-contact-support

You could also file a JIRA issue as Callum, said, but it's not a bug so it doesn't really belong on the JIRA.
Linden already closed the previously filed report as expected behaviour.

If you believe the Firestorm experience has been used badly on your avatar in world, you can also use the "Report Experience" option from the experience profile.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Callum Meriman said:

Jessica needs to write the script to utilise it. Nobody else in the firestorm team can create a script that uses it. Only Jessica, simple as that.

Experience collaboration

To enable others besides the experience owner to create scripts for the experience, the owner can set a group in the experience profile. Anyone in that group with the Experience Contributor power can then create scripts for the experience. Additionally, anyone with the Experience Admin power can update the profile (with the exception of the group). Use caution when assigning a group to an experience as anyone who can assign powers to members effectively has the ability to control who can contribute to the experience.

• Thanks 1

Awesome, thanks KT! That will make my experience much easier for me and my alts, woohoo!

Can't wait for grid wide, it will be much better.

What the lab needs to do though, (to stop scaring ocd people) is make the permissions granted a little more granular, I often think "track the camera" one scares people the most.

Edited by Callum Meriman

1 hour ago, InkScape said:

You all get so upset over so little. My post was simply stating that I would like to be able to remove the experience. I am more than well aware that there is zero chance of it being abused. I just don't like the fact that its forced upon you to the point of being irremovable when the chance of the average person ever being near that experience again is 0. I see no harm in stating this. You all need some chill in your lives.

I don't know about upset. Enthusiastic perhaps. There are any numbers of things that someone can object to having forced on them. Perhaps ask yourself in the grand scheme of things, is it going to ruin your Second Life? Are you going to be miserable every day and feel like rage quitting? Is it going to change all those plans you've made with your new account. I would like to think there's enough chill for all sides. 

• Like 3

Sorry, what?

In your personal experience, one client/viewer may or may not perform in specific ways - this means nothing whatsoever.

Don't like the Experience? You've been given specific advice and apparently a JIRA entry was already made, answered and closed with a response from a Linden on the matter.

Don't like the response?

Option 1: Make a new JIRA entry.

Option 2: Find a way to directly contact a Development Team Linden.

Option 3 (the correct course): Move. On. With. Your. Life.

It's a Land Scope Experience, set the way it is by Linden Lab itself. While just about any Premium User can make an Experience (and get one free actually), what they cannot do is make one that cannot be removed - Period.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I don't get it. I've never been interested in Experiences, but my inclination is to agree with the OP. But where is it in the Firestorm viewer? Is it something new? I haven't updated mine for a while but it's not listed under Avatar > Experiences in mine.

Edited by Phil Deakins

1 hour ago, Phil Deakins said:

I don't get it. I've never been interested in Experiences, but my inclination is to agree with the OP. But where is it in the Firestorm viewer? Is it something new? I haven't updated mine for a while but it's not listed under Avatar > Experiences in mine.

You don't see the experience listed because you have never been in that region. Therefore the experience has not been forced on your avatar.

That region http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Firestorm Orientation/128/128/2 with that particular experience in question is only available for newbie accounts. The experience is forced on all those accounts who have been in that region, not on anybody else. I see nothing wrong with it, it's nothing bad, it's actually good for the newbies as they can learn something useful there with that experience.

Some people just get paranoid over something what they don't understand what it actually is. "Forced something on my avatar? OMG! It must be very bad!" :S xD

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2037 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.