SpinLightDash

The Five Love Languages

Hello Everyone !

So according to this interesting book called "The Five Love Languages", peoples have 5 ways to express Love in relationships:

receiving gifts, Quality Time , words of affirmation, acts of service (devotion), and Physical touch.

And from what i've understand even though we may appreciate more than one or all of them, people usually have a Language that they like more than the others.

What's yours ? which language do you use most to express love and which one do you like to receive the most ? ( :

Edited by SpinLightDash
  • Confused 1

German. For obvious reasons.

Hearing a fräulein speak even just in English with a Germanic accent.. Phew. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Callum Meriman said:

für Liebe? Auch Deutsch

(just wish I didn't murder it so much)

... Now say it like a lady... Wags eyebrows.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Callum Meriman said:

OP,  you forgot... Humour. Love thrives on humour and good natured FUN~

100%!!  if you don't make me laugh I won't fall in love with you

• Like 3

I don't see how anyone survives any relationship, romantic or not, without humour. I have exes with whom I was unhappy, and with whom I no longer speak - and I have exes who'll send me random jokes when I least expect it. And I have an ex with whom I've occasionally sat down to watch taxidermy tutorials on YouTube with for a drinking game.

"Two shots if she ****s up dismantling the rat's knee!" Emily (the taxidermist): "Frick!" <both of us guffawing> "Drink! Drink! Drink!" 

Good times.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

...sets you all on fire.

See, here we've got warmth, humour, and acceptable grammar. Flashes Maddy a wicked smirk.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

...sets you all on fire.

Yes! Another love language! It's rare though - mutual immolation puts a damper on survival of the species.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

It's not a language, but it is soooo sexy to me. Intelligence.  Having a guy explain the battle of some old Viking king or the formation of stars, or whatever gets me.  If they are knowledgeable  and passionate about the subject,  I find that incredibly sexy. I don't even need to understand half the concepts they talk about.  As long as they understand it, I'm okay. Except, for sports related things.  I tend to zone out on those.  ?  Otherwise,  I'm done for. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

I speak the language of chocolate.

so do I.  It works REALLY well with me. lol

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Parhelion Palou said:

Yes! Another love language!

In the McMasters house, if you experience any of five love languages mentioned in the OP, you're probably dying of something awful and would be better off seeking morphine.

5 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

I speak the language of chocolate.

White and/or Dark? I recently learned that “true” chocolate contains cacao butter, which is white!

25 minutes ago, Orwar said:

I don't see how anyone survives any relationship, romantic or not, without humour. I have exes with whom I was unhappy, and with whom I no longer speak - and I have exes who'll send me random jokes when I least expect it. And I have an ex with whom I've occasionally sat down to watch taxidermy tutorials on YouTube with for a drinking game.

"Two shots if she ****s up dismantling the rat's knee!" Emily (the taxidermist): "Frick!" <both of us guffawing> "Drink! Drink! Drink!" 

Good times.

Bad taxidermy is funny. Because dead animals mishandled and preserved!

1AA93D85-65C1-4928-8535-43BE4CD4D89A.png

• Like 2

Chocolate is great, it releases endorphins, just like love, pain, and spicy food.

As a language of love it makes your time together feel just that extra bit more special. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

...sets you all on fire.

I give up, it wont let me insert a small gif

You'll never know 

Edited by Cindy Evanier
  • Like 2