Doubt about the GDPR law and scripts accessing external databases.

JJValero Writer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2021 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

31 minutes ago, Bradford Mint said:

But....then if the database is only for personal use, it falls outside the remit of GDPR anyway so *slam dunk* end of thread.

Thanks, you're welcome!

i thought it was understood that the OP was about business activity, not personal activity. So is unclear what the point of your story is

we're not in the deleted thread. We're in this one. And nobody here has shown any inclination to believe in magical things

the conversation in this thread has evolved into a discussion about what can or could a person do (if anything) should they be running an SL business from which they derive an RL income

We may not be in the deleted thread but the topic is the same and the same content is coming up and to be frank, my sentiments still apply.  Complain to the appropriate information commissioner that someone with a fake name, holds someone else's fake name and see how that goes. They really have serious things to do.

As I said in the other thread, go and issue a request for data, lets say against Blueberry or Maitreya and see how that goes.

I don't want to get involved again, but I'm complying because I want to, and because as a trustee I'm supposed to act in my charity's best interests.

The likelihood of the ICO fining a small charity like mine is vanishingly small, but that isn't a good reason for ignoring it. I'm a grownup, not a child who only tidies their room on threat of being grounded.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Qie Niangao said:

If my RL income depended on it, I might take this seriously. But it doesn't, so screw 'em. Just let 'em try to haul me off to the Hague. Meanwhile, seriously: screw 'em.

an appropriate philosophical response in a circular discussion. Meh! on them Hagueans, like all of them and forevers

:)

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2021 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.