?

andreajonesms

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2043 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

6 answers to this question

Actually it depends on the license terms included - if there were none... I would never ever give away anything fullperm for free, as sadly a lot of SL users do not understana how user licenses work on top of the permission system...

As you said you just modded the item yourself - do you think the original creator would be happy if you gave it away fullperm again (some would be, but even those can contain user licenses like the free to mod and redistribute Arcadia Asylums items)?

Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, andreajonesms said:

A quick question, I had a item I modded, Changed the textures, added a bench etc.. It was placed in a advent calendar last Christmas accidentally as full perrms. Now I just happened to see it on the market place being sold as copy only. The seller didn't even change anything. Is it worth filing a complaint to Linden labs? and if So, how would I go about it? 

I agree with most other people. It was full perm without terms and conditions. DMCA doesn't cover that sort of mistake.

1 hour ago, andreajonesms said:

A quick question, I had a item I modded, Changed the textures, added a bench etc.. It was placed in a advent calendar last Christmas accidentally as full perrms. Now I just happened to see it on the market place being sold as copy only. The seller didn't even change anything. Is it worth filing a complaint to Linden labs? and if So, how would I go about it? 

File a DMCA takedown. That's all you can do.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2043 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.