What mesh bodies do you use?

Tess Falworth

Is the Venus the one with the smallest waist-to-hip ratio?
I would love to dress my avatar in a corset that looks like a legit corset and we unfortunately never got waist size sliders for body shapes. Though I guess  good tight laced corset mesh with alpha maps on the waist could do it too, but even better if no alphas are needed! I currently only have a Maitreya Lara body but am considering a new one...

26 minutes ago, Bitsy Buccaneer said:

Wouldn't Blueberry's long association with Maitreya mean those results are likely to be skewed in that direction?

also the text below the survey is wrong... the question that was asked was "which body would you like BB to produce for in the future" - not "which body do you use" I voted for bodies I don't have because I might have bought them if there were a fitting cloth market...

... it is kinda funny - almost like RL... Wether you like the body you have or not. you gotta arrange yourself with it ...

Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Bitsy Buccaneer said:

Wouldn't Blueberry's long association with Maitreya mean those results are likely to be skewed in that direction?

I don't think her "association" with Maitreya is any different than her association with Belleza or Slink. In fact, she's made sizes for Maitreya, Slink, and Belleza since she's been making fitmesh. I'm not sure what association you are referring to anyway. Do you consider anyone who makes Maitreya sized clothing to have some kind of unique association?

1 hour ago, Fionalein said:

also the text below the survey is wrong... the question that was asked was "which body would you like BB to produce for in the future" - not "which body do you use" I voted for bodies I don't have because I might have bought them if there were a fitting cloth market...

The real tell here isn't the number that request for Maitreya .. it's how few ask for the other bodies. So using your argument, there are many who don't think that at some point they might want to even try the other brands. Even more telling!

She is probably the most popular clothier on the whole grid and has been for some time now. So no, I don't think the fact that it's Blue makes the numbers any less valid, quite the opposite in fact. She is in a unique position to gather more data than most.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

She is probably the most popular clothier on the whole grid and has been for some time now. So no, I don't think the fact that it's Blue makes the numbers any less valid, quite the opposite in fact. She is in a unique position to gather more data than most.

so effectifely you are saying the brainwashed mesh body herd buys at the outfitter for brainwashed masses... it is still skewed, ;)

1 minute ago, Fionalein said:

so effectifely you are saying the brainwashed mesh body herd buys at the outfitter for brainwashed masses... it is still skewed, ;)

Sour grapes? You just can't accept the FACT that the vast majority of people prefer the shape and HUD of the Maitreya body. No one has been brainwashed. We know what we like and no crying "brainwashed" is going to change that. Better luck next time!

30 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

I don't think her "association" with Maitreya is any different than her association with Belleza or Slink. In fact, she's made sizes for Maitreya, Slink, and Belleza since she's been making fitmesh. I'm not sure what association you are referring to anyway. Do you consider anyone who makes Maitreya sized clothing to have some kind of unique association?

Well that's a leap :(

Maitreya is known for not being generous with their mesh creation kit which leaves many if not most clothing creators using an approximation for their rigging, weighting and fit. What I've read several times was that Blueberry has always had that data, leading to its popularity amongst Maitreya users. This could be wrong of course, I'm hardly in the inner circles to know.

But where did you get this "unique association" idea from? Look back, I wrote "long association" which is rather different. The rise of the two brands certainly accompanied and helped drive the other's.

44 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

The real tell here isn't the number that request for Maitreya .. it's how few ask for the other bodies. So using your argument, there are many who don't think that at some point they might want to even try the other brands. Even more telling!

Unless Blueberry's user base is skewed towards Maitreya in the first place. One store's user base isn't likely to represent the grid even if it is large. It represents the desires of the customers who are able to use what she's already creating. The rest of us are shopping elsewhere.

24 minutes ago, Bitsy Buccaneer said:

Maitreya is known for not being generous with their mesh creation kit which leaves many if not most clothing creators using an approximation for their rigging, weighting and fit. What I've read several times was that Blueberry has always had that data, leading to its popularity amongst Maitreya users. This could be wrong of course, I'm hardly in the inner circles to know.

There requirements to get a mesh kit are simple. You have to be able to show that you create mesh clothing and that you have a established store selling your mesh clothing. The CSR for Maitreya has handed out hundreds of kits. I know this personally. It's unfortunate that these false rumors continue to be spread.

29 minutes ago, Bitsy Buccaneer said:

Unless Blueberry's user base is skewed towards Maitreya in the first place. One store's user base isn't likely to represent the grid even if it is large. It represents the desires of the customers who are able to use what she's already creating. The rest of us are shopping elsewhere.

Blueberry has included sizes for all of the major brands of clothing since she began making fitmesh so why would you think it would be skewed to Maitreya over any other brand? Do you even use a mesh body, Bitsy? I thought you were still using classic, in which case, of course you are shopping elsewhere. 

34 minutes ago, Bitsy Buccaneer said:

But where did you get this "unique association" idea from? Look back, I wrote "long association" which is rather different. The rise of the two brands certainly accompanied and helped drive the other's.

I'm not 100% positive about this, as my memory fails me at times these days, but if I recall correctly, Blue made clothing for Belleza and Slink before Maitreya. Remember the Slink and Belleza bodies were released before the Mait body. I also remember Blue's clothing not fitting so well on the first pieces I bought from her for my Maitreya body. I have no idea when she got the kit. I'm not privy to that information. I'm just saying that as for a "long association" she has been associated with Slink and Belleza longer than Maitreya.

My Main: I use the Tweenster Meshermized mesh body and the Catwa Steffi mesh head for my boy avi since using male mesh heads don't work too well with Tweenster - boys that age don't look too disimilar to girls pre puberty anyway. Me on the right: 

39657162203_a5d5df34a7_o.thumb.jpg.adde2c1e7cc3c09b941f3b6c1b88e788.jpg

My alt: For my big I have the Belleza Jake mesh body and Catwa Daniel mesh head. I really like both! 

I also have a Toddleedoo boy which I don't use all that often anymore. I'll need to update his mesh head and invest in a quality skin if I want to use him again since his look is a bit dated now. 

Edited by brodiak90
  • Like 1

On 1/5/2019 at 2:48 PM, Blush Bravin said:

There requirements to get a mesh kit are simple. You have to be able to show that you create mesh clothing and that you have a established store selling your mesh clothing. The CSR for Maitreya has handed out hundreds of kits. I know this personally. It's unfortunate that these false rumors continue to be spread.

Blueberry has included sizes for all of the major brands of clothing since she began making fitmesh so why would you think it would be skewed to Maitreya over any other brand? Do you even use a mesh body, Bitsy? I thought you were still using classic, in which case, of course you are shopping elsewhere. 

If you say so about the mesh kits, Blush. A couple of friends with small but established stores weren't able to get them, but never mind.

Look back at what you just said to me, that of course I'm shopping elsewhere because I don't wear a body the creator supports. Take it a step further and you're right at my point - those whose bodies aren't supported by the creator aren't going to be doing much shopping there and won't be well represented in the survey. Not just classic avs but every brand except the big three. It does say something about which of the three current Blueberry customers favour but not much else.

1 hour ago, Bitsy Buccaneer said:

Look back at what you just said to me, that of course I'm shopping elsewhere because I don't wear a body the creator supports. Take it a step further and you're right at my point - those whose bodies aren't supported by the creator aren't going to be doing much shopping there and won't be well represented in the survey. Not just classic avs but every brand except the big three. It does say something about which of the three current Blueberry customers favour but not much else.

Blue did this survey to see which were the top bodies her customers wanted her to create for. Some of those who use the less popular brands were asking for their favorites to be added so this was a method to determine which bodies she would add or remove from her line of sizes. You'd think that every person who wanted Blue to create sizes for their favorite body would vote as such, but it ended up being basically the same as she's been doing all along with the three Belleza"s, the two Slink's, and the Maitreya. That's six sizes she has to have rigged. That's a lot of work. By the way, I have no affiliation with Blueberry whatsoever. I am just an info junkie who is constantly looking for the latest trends. And I admit that Blue's clothes are faves of mine so naturally I pay attention to that brand.

I agree it's possible that this is not a good indicator for the smaller mesh body brands since she doesn't create for their brands. But considering that every other survey I've ever seen, no matter who was conducting it, shows basically the same data (with Maitreya way out in front of any other body) I think it's still a useful source of data. I doubt you could get more reliable information unless LL themselves ran a survey on mesh bodies, which is highly improbable. So we go with what is available. 

2 hours ago, Bitsy Buccaneer said:

If you say so about the mesh kits, Blush. A couple of friends with small but established stores weren't able to get them, but never mind.

If your friends are proficient making and rigging mesh and have established stores then tell them to apply again. 

On 1/5/2019 at 8:33 AM, Blush Bravin said:

Sour grapes? You just can't accept the FACT that the vast majority of people prefer the shape and HUD of the Maitreya body. No one has been brainwashed. We know what we like and no crying "brainwashed" is going to change that. Better luck next time!

Strawberry Singh's latest poll has Maitreya at only a little over 40%, which suggests that the majority doesn't, at least any more.

1 hour ago, Theresa Tennyson said:

Strawberry Singh's latest poll has Maitreya at only a little over 40%, which suggests that the majority doesn't, at least any more.

The pole opened 12/3/18 with an impressive 4,408 responses so far. Maitreya with 40.25% of those responding and the next closest, Freya, at 11.12%, then the Hourglass barely nosing out the Isis at 6.96% and 6.24% respectively followed by the multitude of mesh bodies now available on the grid. If you look at her results in the 2017 pole the results are about the same. For me the interesting part is not that Lara is at 40% because that's been pretty standard for the past couple of years, but that when you combine the next three top selling bodies they still don't come close to Maitreya, 11.12 + 6.96 + 6.24 = 24.32.

And no one can say that this pole is skewed toward one brand or another, so thanks for sharing. :) 

2 hours ago, Theresa Tennyson said:

which suggests that the majority doesn't

majority.png.7f74098df268708494dc502d979738b8.png

By this definition, it still looks like Lara has the greater part, majority. Majority doesn't necessarily mean you must have 51%. :) 

Edited by Blush Bravin

3 hours ago, Blush Bravin said:

majority.png.7f74098df268708494dc502d979738b8.png

By this definition, it still looks like Lara has the greater part, majority. Majority doesn't necessarily mean you must have 51%. :) 

A good wordsmith uses the proper tools:

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/us/plurality

Because looking at the Blueberry poll, someone who only makes for Maitreya are looking at more than half the market, and looking at the Strawberry Singh poll it's less than half the market.

2 minutes ago, Theresa Tennyson said:

Because looking at the Blueberry poll, someone who only makes for Maitreya are looking at more than half the market,

I'm confused. Who only makes for Maitreya? Blueberry makes for all the Belleza and Slink bodies as well as the Maitreya body. Am I misreading you? 

Also, remember the purpose of the pole was for her to determine if she needed to change which bodies she was making sizes for. The whole point was for people who wanted her to make for other bodies to vote. She makes for the top six bodies. If there are so many using the other bodies then they should have voted!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

I'm confused. Who only makes for Maitreya? Blueberry makes for all the Belleza and Slink bodies as well as the Maitreya body. Am I misreading you? 

Also, remember the purpose of the pole was for her to determine if she needed to change which bodies she was making sizes for. The whole point was for people who wanted her to make for other bodies to vote. She makes for the top six bodies. If there are so many using the other bodies then they should have voted!

You presented the Blueberry poll as evidence of Maitreya's overwhelming popularity. It is the most popular, yes. But it isn't nearly 82% of the market, which is what that poll would appear to say by looking at it quickly. In fact, I believe polls used to say Maitreya had 60% of the market - it appears to be dropping if it's at 40% now.

In other words, if Lara were running for Governor it would win most states, but if it were after Prime Minister it'd need help.

Edited by Theresa Tennyson

38 minutes ago, Theresa Tennyson said:

You presented the Blueberry poll as evidence of Maitreya's overwhelming popularity. It is the most popular, yes. But it isn't nearly 82% of the market, which is what that poll would appear to say by looking at it quickly. In fact, I believe polls used to say Maitreya had 60% of the market - it appears to be dropping if it's at 40% now.

I think the discrepancy in the numbers is due to comparing poles from different sources. 

MBA July 2017 = 67.73                

MBA July 2016 = 62.5   

Strawberry Singh  2018    = 40.11          

Strawberry Singh  2017 = 40.09     

Strawberry Singh 2016 = 60.52 

I tend to think Berry has the more accurate as her sample pool is much larger.

It was not my intent to mislead anyone with the Blueberry pole. I think the information displayed in the pic I posted is very clear as to who conducted the survey and who responded. Since Blueberry is a widely known creator with people who wear mesh bodies, I figured it was good information considering the topic of this thread.

On 9/14/2018 at 11:09 AM, Tess Falworth said:

So, I am trying to get an idea of what mesh bodies are used the most. I have a general idea that perhaps Maitreya is the one that is most popular, with Slink and Belleza there as well.. but, even after looking at various surveys, I'd like to get some more input. For example, I have seen a trend of creators selling clothes for Maitreya, Slink Hourglass, and Belleza Freya ONLY, and not including the other bodies. I personally would like to be more inclusive, but I also don't want to waste my time.

If anyone has any input, please let me know!

Thank you!

Tess Falworth

.lovelysweet.

On 10/12/2018 at 5:13 PM, Nalates Urriah said:

Mesh Body Addicts did a survey of a couple of hundred residents. The results are on the website.

WHere would I go to get the  Maitreya  body with bento hands included and skin? If I bought a Head in tan.. does the body and skin come with??? I am a little lost here. LOL

I bought the Entity Catwa head in Tan

37 minutes ago, skrafty said:

WHere would I go to get the  Maitreya  body with bento hands included and skin?

You can get the body from the Maitreya & Lelutka mainstore's (easily found using search). If you do get a Maitreya body it's included skins are from Glam Affair you should not have any trouble sourcing an applier for your Catwa at their store. There are plenty of other skin stores out there too it will not be hard finding body & head appliers