What mesh bodies do you use?

Tess Falworth

I used to use Slink Physique, but have switched to Maitreya Lara because of the clothing issue. I can get very similar shapes from the two bodies, but Lara just seems to have a higher silicon content than Physique, which isn't ideal for me. I still swap between the two occasionally.

From the surveys I've seen, rigging for Lara only means you cut out ~40% of your market. Which seems like a bad thing to do. Rigging for Lara, the three Bellezas and the two Slinks would cover ~95% of the mesh female market, according to those same surveys. Anything else seems to be a bit... niche, and probably not worth the effort.

Edited by AyelaNewLife
I did typo

I wasn't aware there were any full permission mesh bodies available .. but then I haven't been looking either lol.. But I imagine if there were any, what you would have to get with the package is the .dae files.. that would allow you to upload the .dae file to Blender or another 3D program that accepts .dae files.  IF there is a full perm body that you are interested in make sure you can get the .dae files for it otherwise there is no way to get the actual body into blender.

6 hours ago, Kurshie Muromachi said:

What options are there as far as full mod permissions bodies that can also be opened in programs such as Blender?

I only know Opensims Ruth 2.0...but hey she's free... (licensed though, license might be or might not be compatible with SL TOS... better read it before uploading)

Edited by Fionalein
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Kurshie Muromachi said:

What options are there as far as full mod permissions bodies that can also be opened in programs such as Blender?

I've only come across the Adin body by Meli Imako https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Adin-Full-Perm-Male-Bento-Fitmesh-Body/14138472
and Ocacin Standard & Voluptous bodies that are full perm you'd probably need the dev kits to be able to use them in blender

• Thanks 1

The survey results that MeshBodyAddicts released will probably give a better indicator of what people are using, but I own Freya, Isis, Physique, HG, TMP, and Lara. Lately, I have been using Lara. You just can't beat product accessibility when it comes to Lara, but I do like having options if I want to create different looks. 

Heads:
Catwa Daniel and Skell

Bodies:
Signature Gianni
Belleza Jake
Adam Male
Yabusaka Petite Bento Male
ND/MD Nano Male

I've got various creatures and whisps too, and now also I can wear the bake-fail cloud thanks to Whirrly Fizzle, she put up the bugged brow shape on MP for free, love it! :)

Edited by Macrocosm Draegonne

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, BeatriceSamson said:

i had to switch to lara because of that.

You didn't have to, no one forced you - it was your own choice to go with a body that the high SL fashion considers the "one and only" - However I won't say I don't understand your motivation - Clothing availability kept me from getting a second body so far.

funny side fact: the abbundance of available MI templates made Occacin almost instantly as well supplied as Maitreya (teaming up with a fullperm template supplier seems a pretty neat marketing move) - but of course that body is only supplied with the much looked down upon template outfits... 

Edited by Fionalein

i have a lot of bodies. Maitreya, All Belleza, Both Slink, Tonic Fine and Curvy, eBody Curvy, Kemono, SMB and more I am sure. I wear Lara most for convenience. I don't think its the best, just the most popular. I was happy to see Kaithleens start to support eBody. I would LOVE to see more original mesh for Tonic bodies. With the last update they are greatly improved and some of the nicest bodies on the grid IMHO. I agree with one of the previous posters that of the three Belleza bodies the original Venus is still the best. Um.. Not sure if that helps. 

Summary: Lara is what i wear, Tonic Fine is what i would wear with more support, Venus is my preferred Belleza, Hourglass is my preferred slink. (and dont forget petite chest for Slink)

40 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

You didn't have to, no one forced you - it was your own choice to go with a body that the high SL fashion considers the "one and only" - However I won't say I don't understand your motivation - Clothing availability kept me from getting a second body so far.

funny side fact: the abbundance of available MI templates made Occacin almost instantly as well supplied as Maitreya (teaming up with a fullperm template supplier seems a pretty neat marketing move) - but of course that body is only supplied with the much looked down upon template outfits... 

i know that, shrugs

2 minutes ago, BeatriceSamson said:

Hmmm I fail to see why template outfits are so "much looked down upon".  A template is just that, I look at it as a canvas upon which to create something beautiful.  A well made template can be an artists joy.  I create from templates simply because I love to texture them with my own creativity.  I do however, not see the point of taking a template and using the textures supplied with it, and just selling the item as it comes out of the box.  Where is the creativity in that?  

As for the bodies I look for in a template:  if it does not contain at least, Belleza (all three). Slink (both, and Maitreya I won't even consider using it.  Any others included such as Tonic, or eBody are a plus.

• Like 1

The Maitreya only thing used to make me upset, but never enough to switch. I’ve conditioned myself that when I see certain brands to just keep on walking.

The funny thing is, if I started creating I’d include Maitreya. I just would do only them because of the pain I feel sometimes.

• Like 2

I've always used TMP just because it was my first mesh, I'm used to it, and I'm not shelling out for another body type lol

The only downside is the HUD, which loads slow or sometimes refuses to load at all.

But I'm happy with it. It just feels like me and that's all that matters

Edited by epiclolz

• 4 weeks later...

I exclusively use Belleza freya. I've got an image on my blog showing the bosom of several (at the time I made it current) mesh body brands - and the only brand that holds a good bosom shape was belleza. Particulary in a side view, as the under-bosom on most brands juts out unnaturally.

When the move from rigged to fitmesh came about, I ended up dropping a lot of brands off my list if they didn't include Belleza.

The waist/hips/buttocks of Belleza are actually just as distinctive. Something I get more keen on the more I see people with Maitreya is just how bad it tends to look from behind to my eyes. On the one hand this is shapes - most people in SL don't know much about anatomy... and most shape makers know even less than the average day 1 'noob'... It's like the longer people sell the shapes, the more ignorant they become...

But the body itself... in my own attempts to do a good form with it, while I can get good anatomy outside of the bosom, I end up finding the look unappealing. And with other brands (except for the old 'Lena'), the issues are even worse.

On 10/30/2018 at 8:59 PM, Chase01 said:

The survey results that MeshBodyAddicts released will probably give a better indicator of what people are using, but I own Freya, Isis, Physique, HG, TMP, and Lara. Lately, I have been using Lara. You just can't beat product accessibility when it comes to Lara, but I do like having options if I want to create different looks. 

These are the results of a more current pole taken from a wider audience with more participants.

bluePOLE.png.3d523d9a52d686ee1a898dc787484516.png