Marketplace Listing Issue: Related & Demo Items

mozdesign

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2044 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Dakota, the way it is implemented is not helpful (my opinion). When listing a new item, it had always been possible to scroll through and find the related items that haven't been made active/listed yet. It is much more efficient rather than activating individually and going back to then add related. The issue of seeing inactive products that really should be hidden from drop downs as well as reports such as top selling is a real issue. To fix it, when an item is deactivated, we should be able to "hide" it from the drop downs and other reports (if wanted). The way this change was implemented sweeps everything together. The associated JIRA was closed as working as "intended" - the thing is, it may be working as it was deployed, but it is not working a in way that helps Merchants.  https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-225307

• Moderators

Hello Arwen,

At this time, there is no other option. Either you can see ALL items, including inactive, or you only see Active items.  So yes, it is working as intended and that is why the bug report was closed.

If you wish to request a NEW feature where you can selectively choose which items to see on a list, it will be necessary to create new Jira Issue Tracker ticket requesting that feature. 

I thought I was misunderstanding this, which is why I've not replied to any of the threads about this, but it appears I was not after all. And now I'm just more confused lol

Why would you want to link an inactive item to an active listing? Why would you want to link a product with an item, either related or as a demo/non demo that your customers can't use, can't buy and can't even see? Does that not negate the entire point of linking items to begin with?  I am not understanding why this is a thing, and I would love to know why someone wants to do that. (if that sounds judgmental, my apologies, I really just don't understand, and want to). 

The suggestion to simply "delist"(lack of better term on my part) certain inactive listings from those drop downs seems quite time consuming, since I would imagine one would have to go through and declare each individual item as "not to be listed in dropdowns" (make sense?)...and that seems extremely counter productive, especially for anyone with more than a few items in their store. It seems far easier to simply not allow any inactive listing to be linked...and it seems, at least to me, this should be the desired outcome. 

Can someone please help me understand this?

I thought they were fixing this, it has made MP listing take so much longer. 

I now have to activate my listings leaving them blank except the basic info and go back and add the photos, related and demo I easily get confused which listing I am up to, it takes a lot longer. 

The old way I could list the demo first and then list the other items as I list the and all the info would be there on the active listing, the unactive items list would get shorter as I listed and I’d know where I was up to.

It’s true they wouldn’t show up on the active item related listings until they were active but they would appear as soon as I listed them which didn’t take long to do. The way now how they have to be activated before I can add them to the related items and demo is annoying and time consuming, it leaves me with blank items being listed until I edit them.

It was fine how it worked before making the changes, I add new products every week and it has made it harder and longer to list them, takes a lot more work. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

@Dakota Linden

The Linden comment on https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-225317 suggests LL are going to fix this.
Has it been decided not to fix it after all?

HI!

Welcome to the sometimes confusing way Jira tickets are handled :)

BUG-225307 is reporting that the Inactive items are not visible.  Correct!  This is the way it is supposed to be.  So the ticket was closed as "Expected Behavior" because currently, inactive items are not supposed to be showing. (Hey, these are not showing. Yep, we know, we changed it so that they no longer show.)

BUG-225317 is the request to revert the change. So that is a valid and open request, with a comment that says devs are actively working on it.  (Hey, this was a BAD choice, put it back the way it was.  Okay, we have added this to the list of things to do!)

Jira doesn't really have a Features/Change request section, so 99.999% of reports submitted by users go into the default BUG section, where they are triaged and then routed internally to the teams that will be tasked with fixing or changing whatever it is that is reported or requested in the bug report. 

• Thanks 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2044 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.