Bringing Inventory into Sansar (SL 2.0)??

Goldenstar Sands

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2043 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

10 answers to this question

Don't think of Sansar as SL 2.0.  It is nothing of the kind.  Sansar is designed to work best with Virtual Reality gear, SL doesn't support VR.  Sansar is designed to be a platform for people who want to design their own unique little virtual worlds, which may or may not link with one another.  Second Life is one big interconnected world where you can literally walk from one region to the next (if they're adjoining).  Sansar does not have any built in creation tools, everything must be made in an external 3D modeling program.

As far as I am aware, there are no plans to allow transfer of avatars or objects or anything else between SL and Sansar.

Maybe the best way to find out more about Sansar is to head over there, set up an account, and try it.  https://www.sansar.com/

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Goldenstar Sands said:

I don't know much about Sanar. (SL 2.0) - In fact I'm having trouble finding any information about it at all! 

But what I've been most interested to hear about is if there will be a way to bring SL inventory into Sansar. or if everything in SL will be left behind. ))):

Bite your tongue. Sansar and SL are totally different animals and I sure as heck hope they never cross into each other.

Side bets are that Sansar won't actually last long anyway.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

At this rate, we will all be too old to care, by the time Sansar has features approaching Second Life. Which makes me think that LL is really not investing as much time and money (developer salaries) as everyone thinks. A full scale project would never move this slow. My opinion, as a developer with 32 years experience.

1 hour ago, Goldenstar Sands said:

I don't know much about Sanar. (SL 2.0) - In fact I'm having trouble finding any information about it at all! 

But what I've been most interested to hear about is if there will be a way to bring SL inventory into Sansar. or if everything in SL will be left behind. ))):

You can UPLOAD mesh (with textures all in one) into Sansar. You cannot 'PORT' existing content to Sansar. So if you are a creator it is "fairly" simple to upload your items in Sansar (note you had the name wrong  -- hence not finding any info). 

Completely different platform. If you are a regular citizen and not a creator -- you leave everything behind. Happily there are a fair amount of nice freebies at the store. 

14 hours ago, Goldenstar Sands said:

1. Project Stupid is NOT SL-2, and certainly hasn't been promoted as such for nearly 4 years.

2. Our Glorious Leader, made it clear in official LL blog posts, 4 years ago, that there would be NO migration of SL accounts or their inventories to Project Stupid.

3. Information about Project Stupid is easy to find, look in the sub forum here dedicated to "Project Stupid for SL Residents", where you will find all the evidence you need to convince you to avoid it like Typhoid Mary.

4. Project Stupid, realistically, has already failed, concurrency figures of 15, compared to SL's 30,000-50,000 concurrency. It's been over a year since they opened toe doors to the public, and it's a ghost town.

15 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

SSP MOO

1 hour ago, Klytyna said:

it's a ghost town.

There was the suggestion by Luna to Chic that she needed tumbleweeds.

(a lighthearted cooment, not a snark also ❤️ as Medhues and Chic's experiences do look lovely in the photos)

15 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

At this rate, we will all be too old to care...A full scale project would never move this slow.

309570440_download(66).thumb.jpeg.c8e773dcb114e427861dcb69d63cc3e5.jpeg

Edited by Callum Meriman

On 9/13/2018 at 7:44 PM, Goldenstar Sands said:

LOL no, you have to start over fresh and buy everything new. But you won't be able to buy a new sex bed, because sex isn't allowed, neither is nudity.

IF you want to know more about Sansar check out https://ryanschultz.com. Dig back through his older articles. Go to YouTube and find Strawberry Singh and Drax. Watch their stuff. Also, there is a Sansar forum run by the Lab.

On 9/13/2018 at 5:31 PM, Love Zhaoying said:

At this rate, we will all be too old to care, by the time Sansar has features approaching Second Life. Which makes me think that LL is really not investing as much time and money (developer salaries) as everyone thinks. A full scale project would never move this slow. My opinion, as a developer with 32 years experience.

It is taking awhile. I'm getting older by the minute.

Development time for Sansar is not particularly slow. Put it in proportion. Go over to Massively OverPowered and read up on the Star Citizen alpha (?) where a Beta Starship can cost US$2,000... Or ...

Games taking a long time
  • Shenmue: 1994-2000 (6 years) ...
  • StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty: 2003-2010 (7 years) ...
  • Galleon: 1997-2004 (7 years) ...
  • L.A. Noire: 2004-2011 (7 years) ...
  • Spore: 2000-2008 (8 years) ...
  • Too Human : 1999-2008 (9 years) ...
  • Team Fortress 2: 1998-2007 (9 years) ...
  • Prey: 1995-2006 (11 years)

The Lab isn't saying how many people they have working on Sansar and/or SL. Company employee pictures are misleading as some number work through the wire. Oz Linden is in the Boston area, I believe.

So, your 'informed' opinion is a guess without any real information to base it on.

On 9/14/2018 at 7:25 AM, Klytyna said:

1. Project Stupid is ...

I hate to agree with you, but that may turn out to be an appropriate name. But, we aren't there yet. There is still a huge amount of money going into VR.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2043 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.