Homestead Purchase WITHOUT Full Region Ownership?

Julia Blackwood

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2048 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

As I recall, this is because when they introduced Homestead regions, it was explicitly intended for "homestead" (hence the name) - for you to build your private ranch or whatever (I owned three full regions at the time so I paid special attention to it). Though a lot of people started abusing that and creating shopping malls, public beaches, and venues, etc. (some even tried this nonsense with Open Space regions if you can believe that); full region sales dived.

Since the policy is hands-off regarding what you can do with your virtual land, LL then made it that you must own a full region before you can own a Homestead region or Open Space region and it's a policy I wholeheartedly agree with. Because of the abuse, they should be "add-ons," not stand-alone offerings.

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Callum Meriman said:

The current system, which means homesteaders get support from their estate agents is one that works well.

this is partly true.. if your landlord uses the rental system with customers buy the land, if they own a full homestead they get ability to use concierge support.

I have no figures but think also most homestead owner have more clue about running a sim than the average event/store sim owner :) with still their script warnings and other useless lag preventing rules.

I wouldn't be against homesteads available for all, but think it would disturb the market/sl economy to much to roll that out now.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Ethan Paslong said:

I have no figures but think also most homestead owner have more clue about running a sim than the average event/store sim owner :) with still their script warnings and other useless lag preventing rules.

I have to agree :)

You are absolutely correct that as a manager they have authority to get some forms of direct support. When I used to rent a homestead I certainly did that myself for performance issues.

My opinion has always been a fair chunk does still go to the landlord.

For many people it's quicker to write an IM over finding and using the ticketting system. Without premium the ticketing system is even more restricted.

6 hours ago, Callum Meriman said:

Hopefully Never.

It's a bar to entry that shows you are not going to overload the concierge team with silly questions. They are busy enough as it is.

The current system, which means homesteaders get support from their estate agents is one that works well.

What if they made it so you don't get concierge support until you have 1 full sim or 4 homesteads?

22 minutes ago, Hintswen Guardian said:

What if they made it so you don't get concierge support until you have 1 full sim or 4 homesteads?

That would be ok, but it would leave people completely in the lurch as they wouldn't get support with just a private homestead for their breedables and family.

So let's do the costs on this:

Right now the going rental price is L$6999 a week (based on the forum price from that large estate agent whose surname starts with C)

The Lab charge US$109 a month. - That's $28340 a month (using 260)

Multiply by 12, divide by 52 = L$6540

So, the saving for buying from the Lab and not an agent is L$459 a week.

That US$1.76 goes to paying the estate agent support, and it goes to paying the estate agent for collections.

Is it really worth buying a homestead alone, for a saving of US$1.76 a week considering the cost to the lab would be much higher, and that cost would affect everyone? Lindex Fees or tier would need to go up for everyone to pay for the extra staff that Chung et al provide for free.

right now, it requires physical hardware, LL opened that up and kept the prices LOW on them, guess what that means,  running out of space quick on the physical hardware side, meaning new machines have to be orders and such and guess then whom get's to eat those prices along with what else is needed to power them and such,  US.  nope, well pass on this idea.    maybe it might happen if and  when they start pushing things to the cloud setup they have been working on.   but dont count on it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2048 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.