Annabell Wandsworth

Forum becoming more negative?

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Do we need to call the ASPCA again? 🙀😹😻

I think the forum better monitor my hunger level...…..

8 hours ago, Ethan Paslong said:

from all people here i would think you would respond to my other post, but now you'r only cheap out on revenge.

Hope this thread now get closed very fast.

But I did respond to your other post. I gave it a like. It was close to my bed time and I didn't have time to say any more than give a like.

And I meant my post to you to be light hearted humour and not an attack or revenge, but if you saw it that way then I'm sorry. Gosh, I'm saying that a lot in a thread where most people don't feel the need for soft blankets. It just shows how we need to be very careful with what we say, and I need to be even more careful than I think I am, even with those who say soft blankets aren't necessary. 

And yes, it does show how tone can be misread, so for those who have been saying it, there's an example.

Ethan, I wish I knew what to say. I know you are suffering, as many of us are and I do genuinely feel empathy for you. I only do warm blankets, so I want to wrap you in a warm hug and I do believe it works. I don't think anyone is damaged by a warm hug.

Edited by Rya Nitely

13 hours ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

Is this too negative? 9_9
From the Linden Lab Official:Community Participation Guidelines

Off Topic Content: Please keep your commentary relevant to the discussion and within the format that the forum, board or question and answer area require. (For example, in the Answers section, please follow the Q&A format of the discussion.) Content that is blatantly off topic is not permitted. You may also not post regarding subjects that do not relate to Second Life except in the General forum discussion board.

Yes, but we all know that we are allowed a bit of off topic ramblings as long as it doesn't go down some deep dark hole.

Some off-topics are just a few statements because some piece of a post sent someone's mind on a tangent - those usually come back to the topic pretty quick. 
Some times, the off-topic is needed just to lighten things up a bit (heavy topic) - sometimes the main topic will get picked up again and sometimes the thread just dies. 
Then there are those that have gone down the wrong track - still on topic, but not necessarily in a good way - and thus, while waiting for the lock, the thread really needs to be derailed..

• Like 3

And my comment about the public supporting our struggling farmers was not off topic. As I explained. It was very much triggered by this thread.

• Like 1

So to get spot on topic :)

On 9/11/2018 at 8:19 PM, Annabell Wandsworth said:

Maybe it's just my perception, but it seems like the forums are more full of people wanting to troll than those wanting to actually add to the conversation. I'm not saying these people haven't always been here, but it sure seems like these kinds of posts are much more numerous than in the past. 

I don't think the forum is "more full of people wanting to troll", because those who do it aren't very many. However, we do have a few people who are generally negative characters, and post negative comments all over the place just for the pleasure of it. At a stretch, it could be called trolling, but (I think) it's only trolling if the purpose is to trigger reactions. It may be but I'm not sure that it is. I think it may be that some people have above average negativity in their natures. That kind of negativity has significantly increased, and it may be what led you to think that the forum is more full of people that do it. Certainly it is more full of such posts (including using the laugh icon as scorn), but there are only a very few people who do it.

Edited by Phil Deakins
  • Like 1

I actually see a lot of positivity on these forums, and outside of the obvious trolls which are good for a laugh every now and then; most arguments I see are started as a result of a misunderstanding.

If only more people took the time to say "I'm sorry", this forum and the rest of the world would for that matter be a better place.

• Like 5