Cyberpunk84

Is this weird or just uncommon?

so me and my partner faye [[ Will not disclose her rl name for privacy]] became an online couple September 29th 2017, it is getting very close to the date and we have no intentions of meeting up .. we are very much in love , take our online relationship seriously too the point where we do not see other people [[ not that it is not allowed but it requires discussion ]] is this normal.. we both are recluses .. and love our isolation/alone time .. i dont know what i would do without her in my life.. and since have transformed from SL to Discord.. where we spend our time gaming.. 

i hear of all long distance couples meeting up never of any couples happy with there online relationship and just staying committed to each other

are we freaks in the digital age or is this just uncommon?

from fuzzy

Edited by Cyberpunk84
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Whatever floats your boats. If that's all you want, then that's what you should stick to.

• Like 8

20 minutes ago, Cyberpunk84 said:

It's normal for both of you, and that's all that matters :)

• Like 6

Not all people are interested in meeting. Or just simply can't. A previous lover of mine lived in Finland and there was no possible way for it to happen. At all. So we were strict SL with voice and cam time via Skype.  No, it doesn't make either of you "freaks" by any means. If you're both happy, then why does it matter what other LDRs are doing? :)

• Like 4

I think if you're happy then who cares what anybody else thinks! Although I think it is slightly uncommon, I don't think it's weird at all and actually I find it really cute!

I wish you both the best of luck. :D

• Like 3

I think its pretty common to play video games on steam and chat on discord with people you met on SL now a days. I know a few people that play video games on steam with their SO. As long as you're happy and you're enjoying yourself with someone you enjoy being on SL, sounds like a good thing to me.

• Like 3

Aren't you at all concerned about the possibility of missing out on opportunities to meet someone in RL and have a RL relationship?

• Like 1

This has been "normal" for quite a while. It has definitely been going on since the early chatroom days, though back then it probably wasn't "normal" or even thought of as a possibility by almost anyone, but we definitely live in the digital age now.

Also, I already said this in another thread recently, but I have very close friendships from SL that have lasted for around 9 years without me still having heard their voice, seen their face, or knowing their real first name. These things have no impact on the quality of those relationships.

I may not know what they are, but I can confidently say I know exactly who they are.

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator
  • Like 6

yea i dont think that's weird at all. infact with my RL as it is i cant travel very easily so to have someone who would want SL only and never meet me in rl would be a nice thing to have. and if that person never cheated on me either that would be a nice bonus. but so far after almost 9 years of being in sl guess my standards arnt really what "most" people want? IDK all im saying is that dont think of it as weird think of it as something really special and rare and treasure it for as long as you can.  :) considering Second life tends to move fast and with drama and real life getting in the way more often then not ive seen people bale to many times and its kinda sad. altho maybe its just me and im just repellent to most people? 

On 9/11/2018 at 8:51 PM, Phorumities said:

Aren't you at all concerned about the possibility of missing out on opportunities to meet someone in RL and have a RL relationship?

That is up to them what they want to in that conversation. But if someone wants real the others not its good not to mess with a  relationship allow someone that can meet in real you can all way's be friends. Truly I could not wait around for someone or even years game is all fun and all but meeting in real is being willing and committed and upfront not being lead on. People can be what they want but you can't mess with people's emotions or feelings once the trust is broken it can never be.      • Its rare to find love the person you maybe looking for is not on this planet its take someone special to wake that up. Someone who can really have deep connection in the soul and mind. That connects on the same page and criteria.•-

Edited by Dreamerra

I definitely agree that if you are both comfortable with the arrangement, then that really is all that matters. With that said, It's an online relationship that is either going somewhere or nowhere. As long as you know how you feel about either scenario, then take it for what it is.

Hey. In my opinion this isn't strange. (same situation with me) We could see each other in real life and lived side by side, it was easier. And we're 6 years together. ?

3 years ago we began to live together and everything is fine. 

Second Life unites hearts. ???

TY, Second Life! :D

• Like 1

On 9/12/2018 at 11:51 AM, Phorumities said:

No not at all were very happy and happy in each others digital arms, if she wanted that then there are options

• Like 1

On 9/11/2018 at 1:05 PM, Cyberpunk84 said:

Lets be perfectly real here for a moment. To the general public, what ANY of us do in SL would make us freaks. 
"You make virtual clothing and sell them to other virtual people so you can buy your own virtual clothing made by other virtual people?"
"You play music in a virtual club to virtual people from around the world and they tip you the equivalent amount of the cost of a cup of coffee for 4 hours of this?" 
"You have virtual sex with virtual... people.. and enjoy yourself in RL at the same time?" 
"You spend hundred if not thousands of RL $ on a virtual "game" and have nothing to show for it?"

Yeah, most people would think we are all freaks. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

Lets be perfectly real here for a moment. To the general public, what ANY of us do in SL would make us freaks. 
"You make virtual clothing and sell them to other virtual people so you can buy your own virtual clothing made by other virtual people?"
"You play music in a virtual club to virtual people from around the world and they tip you the equivalent amount of the cost of a cup of coffee for 4 hours of this?" 
"You have virtual sex with virtual... people.. and enjoy yourself in RL at the same time?" 
"You spend hundred if not thousands of RL $ on a virtual "game" and have nothing to show for it?"

Yeah, most people would think we are all freaks. 

We are cutting edge freaks! All this will be normal one day.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

We are all freaks! Ahem...

Online relationships are real and valid, even if you are just friends or if there is something more serious going on. There is a person behind the screen and feelings exist.

You do what you want, and if you're happy with how things are, then keep doing it. I'm also a loner, but not because I want to.

I have difficulty with talking to people in real life, so the Internet is my primary means of communication.

I've known my online best friend for 8 years almost. He is the most important person in my life along with my mother I guess. We didn't meet on SL, but he did try it out once. We haven't met in real life yet but who knows if/when that will happen. It doesn't depend on me, otherwise I'd have done that a billion ages ago. I have also made many friends throughout my 13 years on the Internet. I unfortunately lost contact with almost everyone I knew but there are certain relationships that will always exist and stay strong.

You do you. Good luck with your relationship, darling.

Edited by LennoxGregor

On 9/11/2018 at 1:05 PM, Cyberpunk84 said:

so me and my partner faye [[ Will not disclose her rl name for privacy]] became an online couple September 29th 2017, it is getting very close to the date and we have no intentions of meeting up .. we are very much in love , take our online relationship seriously too the point where we do not see other people [[ not that it is not allowed but it requires discussion ]] is this normal.. we both are recluses .. and love our isolation/alone time .. i dont know what i would do without her in my life.. and since have transformed from SL to Discord.. where we spend our time gaming.. 

i hear of all long distance couples meeting up never of any couples happy with there online relationship and just staying committed to each other

from fuzzy

If you both don't have any intentions of meeting up, then don't. Why thinking too much? If this is something that both agrees or feels comfortable, then settle with what you enjoy best. If the best is a long distance relation, that's not weird, considering that there are tons of couples in the same situation.

If both get to have the intentions of meeting up, then go for it. The point is... both have to agree and feel good about it. If one of you disagree and the other one pushes it, that's when the problem will start. So leave it as it is, and go with the flow.

Your relationship isn't uncommon at all. If you two are comfortable with where you're at then just sit back and enjoy the relationship, brother. 

(Discord is the number one place to go to for decent voice anyhow,  lol)

I would not say you are a freak for this (and if you are, so what? We're all freaks in some way), or that it's uncommon. I think people have been doing this since meeting online was a thing. Just be advised that it isn't gonna fulfill you forever, or the other forever. Sooner or later one, the other or both of you will want a real* connection to someone and then your thing will sink or swim depending on if you decide that the connection should be with each other, thus your relationship should move into reality or plan to do so... or if it's a terminus for your relationship and you should move on.

That also happens most of the time. It comes to a point when you need to make it real or forget about it.

Edited by Don Kobichenko