LAND RATING

DaddyJax

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2024 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello I am Daddyjax I just recently bought some MODERATE waterfront beach from a group <8192sqm> paying very good money for 3 of their parcels. I bought it outright and now pay the teirs to Linden labs per month....Now all of a sudden something or someone changed that to GENERAL. Dont I OWN this land? Is it not my land to make Moderate if I wish. It IS a residence BUT I do live her with my GF and have things in here that General rules says you should not have . I have the land set to its privacy settings but I am worried about that and hate getting this General land warning everytime I get naked. 
        I would hate to think I wasted 100,000 Lindens on useless land that I wont be able to be happy on and NEVER would have bought if it was GENERAL to begin with. Thank You 

Daddyjax 

12 answers to this question

(Nobody) means that you are on the Mainland. The region is owned by Linden Lab.   The lab does not change the maturity level of Mainland regions, so clearly there is a misunderstanding.

If you own a parcel on your region, you must be a Premium member.  Therefore, tomorrow morning, contact Live Chat and tell them your problem.  There is something missing in what you have said here.  Live Chat should help you figure out what it is. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The region's owner determines the maturity setting for the region.  All parcels on the region have exactly the same rating.  You cannot change it for only one parcel.  The region's owner (Linden Lab on the Mainland) has complete authority to manage the land as he sees fit. Unless you bought the entire region, you are subject to whatever the owner decided.   Having said that, however, I find it hard to believe that a region owner would make a major change like that without notifying the owners of parcels on the region.  If you haven't already had a polite conversation  with the owner, now might be a good time to start.

5 hours ago, DaddyJax said:

Is it not my land to make Moderate if I wish.

no, never..... if you don't buy a full privat region, you never can change maturity levels.
And only private regions allow it, mainland regions are never possible to change.

Could it be this misunderstanding came up because the seller sold it as changable?

Actually, just looking around the blake sea and nautilus areas.... there is a huge amount of new general land I don't recall being general! Almost all the seaways around Nautilus are now general and a huge slice of the land above Grumphmunch (which was always G), I really don't recall that being the case.

Something is wrong to my eyes. Maybe I have a faulty memory. Hmm.

Edited by Callum Meriman

15 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

Others will attempt to debunk what I am saying right now and proclaim "TOS FORBIDS IT ON PAIN OF DEATH!!!11!!1!" Which is BS because reading the TOS carefully it is very easily argued that it refers to publicly visible and accessible areas.

The TOS links to the "Maturity ratings" wiki page (https://community.secondlife.com/knowledgebase/english/maturity-ratings-r52/ which has the following info:

image.png.34931e90f2d947b89d35e59d1dd70aee.png

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Callum Meriman said:

Actually, just looking around the blake sea and nautilus areas.... there is a huge amount of new general land I don't recall being general! Almost all the seaways around Nautilus are now general and a huge slice of the land above Grumphmunch (which was always G), I really don't recall that being the case.

Something is wrong to my eyes. Maybe I have a faulty memory. Hmm.

"He who controls the present controls the past. He who controls the past controls the future." - Orwell.

• Haha 1

Well, if it's all been changed to General, I guess I can no longer sing ribald sailing songs with my first mate whilst sailing around the "horn" - the Florida-esque promontory protuding prominently from Nautilus. (Thank the gods that males are allowed to show their nipples on General Land)!

But back on topic, General Land as a parcel is not so popular and the prices are substantially less. It's very much against the TOS to install a sex bed in your own home, even inside privacy. Closed doors acts are for Mature and up.

Tyche may have a record of any changes, I know she does collect the region's rating in her grid survey. The OP might be able to ask her for the historical results.

Edited by Callum Meriman

First of all, let me put this rumor to rest before it spreads.

Linden Lab has NOT suddenly changed the maturity ratings of any Mainland regions, around the Blake Sea or elsewhere.  I researched grid stats back into July, and the number of General regions has not increased in that time (actually, it went down by one region.) [CAVEAT:  the latest data is as of Sept 2.  If changes were made between then and now, I can't tell.  Yet.]

Second, some things said by the OP don't make sense.

DaddyJax...if you are actually paying tier, in $USD, monthly, to Linden Lab, then your land must be Mainland.  Go to the About Land window (World menu, Parcel Details).  Look in the General tab where it says "Type".  Does that say "Mainland/Full"?  Then you have Mainland, and the maturity level, whether it's G or something else, has not changed.  You made a mistake...checked the maturity of a nearby region, perhaps.

However, some other things you said make me suspect that you are on Private Estate Land.  If you bought an 8192 parcel on a Private estate, first of all, if you paid $L100,000 for it, you got royally ripped off.  Most estate parcels, no matter what size, "sell" for no more than the first week's lease payment.  If you are paying your tier in $L, weekly or monthly, and/or if you are paying it to another SL resident, you are on Estate land.  Do the same check as I described above.  If the Type says "Estate/Full" or "Estate/Homestead", then you're on an Estate.  The Estate Owner can change the Maturity level of the region.  Contact them and ask them to change it back.  If they won't, then ask for a refund of what you paid.  You probably won't get it, but you can ask.

Edited by Lindal Kidd
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, DaddyJax said:

Hello I am Daddyjax I just recently bought some MODERATE waterfront beach from a group <8192sqm> paying very good money for 3 of their parcels. I bought it outright and now pay the teirs to Linden labs per month....Now all of a sudden something or someone changed that to GENERAL. Dont I OWN this land? Is it not my land to make Moderate if I wish. It IS a residence BUT I do live her with my GF and have things in here that General rules says you should not have . I have the land set to its privacy settings but I am worried about that and hate getting this General land warning everytime I get naked. 
        I would hate to think I wasted 100,000 Lindens on useless land that I wont be able to be happy on and NEVER would have bought if it was GENERAL to begin with. Thank You 

Daddyjax 

That simulator rating has no bearing on what you do inside your private parcel as long as you have the appropriate privacy settings turned on.

Others will attempt to debunk what I am saying right now and proclaim "TOS FORBIDS IT ON PAIN OF DEATH!!!11!!1!" Which is BS because reading the TOS carefully it is very easily argued that it refers to publicly visible and accessible areas.

Just ensure you have the settings on your parcel set to not allow avatars outside your parcel to see or chat with avatars inside your parcel.

As for the parcel rating (turning on the M checkbox) - that only applies if you turn on search (L$30 a week) where that rating will be shown in your listing and also in advertisements (which I don't think you can even buy any more, I'm not sure).

• Confused 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2024 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.