Kidnapping Hackers (as in "hackers who kidnap")

RuchiVee

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2022 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

58 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I picture an SL stalker going through this, just trying to find my house in the mountains off one of the main roads..Once the paved road turns to gravel road, then dirt road,then to two tire tracks in the brush with the woods getting thicker and tighter the deeper they go..More than likely they'll end up missing a couple turns as well,like most  people do new to the area..Then getting lost and  not being able to find their way out..Run out of gas and have to make the walk in the woods..

Day or night,someone not used to those woods,where there are cougars and black bear,rattlers and other snakes and just all kinds of noises they've never heard before..

My woods is a lot thicker and tighter and more like walking on the side of a mountain that the ones this guy is in..

I just picture this..Every horror flick they ever seen with a syco serial killer in the woods entering their mind...hehehehe

What a sissy!  Could he act any more like prey? :D

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

As I picture it, the psycho killer doesn't know that the house he's hunting contains someone who's nuttier than he is.

"Don't open that door!"

I just always think how quiet the woods are at night to where you can hear every single thing.. the slightest loud unfamiliar noise gets peoples minds going in an instant..

one of my favorite examples of someone not used to sounds in the woods.. hehehehe

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

What a sissy!  Could he act any more like prey? :D

I don't think he was actually lost..I kept seeing lights on the other side of the woods..I think he was just making a skit or something..

A lot of the other ones I was finding were like bigfoot  videos..The ones that I did find that were any good,the videos were just too long..

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I just always think how quiet the woods are at night to where you can hear every single thing...

Owls love to sit on top of my chimney and chit chat. That's lovely to hear at 9pm, but not so much at 4AM. And there was that time one sat up there picking away at his dinner, which was a screaming rabbit.

And this reminds me...

A month ago, I was pulling out of the driveway just after dawn and a hawk swooped in from the right, attempting to land in an ash tree to my left. Dead ash branches go brittle very quickly, and it seems nobody told him. He was all grace and beauty as he extended his talons to grab the branch, which immediately snapped off. It went full Looney Tunes from there, with the hawk somersaulting into the bushes. The rustling sounds went on for 10 seconds or so, followed by silence. I suspect he had to hike out of his predicament.

Had he been a raven, he'd have easily recovered mid-fall, before hitting the bushes. For all their majesty, raptors are crap aerobats.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

back when sl first stated it was easy to find someone with the ip address ,but since then lots have changed . so unless you except a idem that has a script that lets them get in a back door. but  most virus  or malware programs will catch it  if up to date  .   and if you decided to give info well  then falls on you.

On ‎9‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 7:00 PM, Madelaine McMasters said:

Of course it's true. SL residents are, far and away, the most attractive kidnap targets on Earth.

Where else can you find such a dense population of people who'll be sorely missed by extremely wealthy families who'll spare no expense to get them back?

I, however, am not worried. Some of you may recall that my Father paid out a handsome fee to my ex-husband to take me off his hands on our wedding day. And if you know that,  you also know that a decade later, my ex-hubby returned me and the money.

Ain't nobody gonna kidnap me!

"A strange man kidnapped my wife!"

"Really? What are you going to do?"

"I'm going to really punish that guy. I'm gonna let him keep her."

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, candy68 said:

so unless you except a idem that has a script that lets them get in a back door. but  most virus  or malware programs will catch it  if up to date

Whoever told you that "scripted objects" in SL can contain a "virus or malware" that can affect your PC, was either a bare faced liar, or an idiot guilty of the unlicenced possession of illegal quantities of weapons grade stupidity...

Or...

Knowing SL as I do, I'm guessing, both...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Callum Meriman said:

On linux, sone of these emojis looks real weird. I think this is a female vampire? Maybe a man playing a woman.

e7c7426c751fef7a48b70fa09a688c6e.png.2a9b220e640a38fe5c11a41f01601a0b.png

I see all of the NEW emojis as black and white with minimal detail via Chrome at work.  They all look proper via Chrome at home.  My work view:

image.png.2ecdc60f54b13857a912365cc7ccf182.png

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I see all of the NEW emojis as black and white with minimal detail via Chrome at work.  They all look proper via Chrome at home.  My work view:

still look better than mine in Vivaldi (Another chrome derivate) at home - it is dependent on your chosen font... :S

46 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I haven't chosen anything specific - using defaults everywhere

but your Operating System's GUI interface(s) uses a preset default...

My Firefox looks different from my Chromium and my Vivaldi and my Midori... and my firefox on Ubuntu-Mate in dark ambient theme looks different than my Firefox on Mint Mate in dark ambient theme...

Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

but your Operating System's GUI interface(s) uses a preset default...

Ahh forgot about that.  Work is Windows 7 and home is Windows 10, so maybe Microsoft changed the defaults between those versions.

ETA: Well, Google says it is the same font for both versions unless I changed it - and I sure don't remember doing so.

Oh well....

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

I think the black and white ones are kind of a nice change of pace..I don't even understand the whole skin tone thing really..

When I choose any skin tone,it puts a box of the tone next to any of the objects or signs I pick.. Like this -->??

I can't even choose the black and white ones.:(

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2022 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.