Appearing offline?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2050 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I use the Firestorm viewer, and I know that if I pull up the friends list on the people tab there is an eye that's suppose to make me appear offline to those on my list, but how do I appear offline to everyone in general? I know it's possible because I've talked to people not on my list and their profiles says "offline" even though they're very clearly online. Lol.

4 minutes ago, CayleighAmariana said:

I use the Firestorm viewer, and I know that if I pull up the friends list on the people tab there is an eye that's suppose to make me appear offline to those on my list, but how do I appear offline to everyone in general? I know it's possible because I've talked to people not on my list and their profiles says "offline" even though they're very clearly online. Lol.

you can never hide your online status, even unchecking it in the friendslist, at your profile and in the preferences won't help. You'll always show your status in the groups you joined.

Also, the scipted online detectors will show your real status, not the one you would like.

Edited by Ethan Paslong

As Ethan noted above, you cannot completely hide your online status - groups and scripted detectors will show your correct online status. 

In terms of profiles showing 'offline' even when you were talking with the person inworld, most likely they checked "Only Friends and Groups know I'm online".  As far as I'm aware, checking this option only affects the online status that displays on a person's profile. That option is on the privacy tab of preferences on the Firestorm viewer - I can't remember offhand whether that option is in the LL viewer or not. 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2050 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.